1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking Favorites

Sep 28, 2011

1. Haha Kind of a funny thing...when I first started this hobby I thought I would cave in and buy several right after the first because there were so many that I liked but the one I have is so perfect, I don't really want another one. xD I pick favorites too easily that I already know that I would favorite this one and neglect the other ones. D8

2. I only have one doll right now, three on the way, and he's my baby. He'll always be my favorite.

3. Cesavier is definitley my favorite. If I could only ever have one doll I'd chose him without hesitation.

He's my first doll, but it's more than that. His stringing is lose and I find that he's very easy to cuddle, his arms tend to flop on to me of their own accord. He has a beautiful face and he's never without an expression, whether it's happy or sad. When I sit him on my knee whilst I'm doing things like working on the computer I feel comfortable, like I'm with an old friend, and if I'm ever having a bad day I feel like I'm not alone when he's with me and like he understands. It sounds silly to unsentimental types but I know him really well too, the way his left knee joint likes to pop out, exactly where to press on his feet to make him stand, how to make his arm pose in a waving position (it's not as straight forward as with most dolls). It's the feeling of safety in the familiar. Whilst I'm fond of my girl too I could never love her as much as I love Ces.

4. I claim I don't play favorites, but... To be honest, I feel closest with my first boy, Gu. Probably because he's my first, and was the first thing I'd ever felt the desperate need to own. I don't know if "feel closest with" is necessarily the same as "favorite," but if so, then I guess it's him.

..... Just don't tell the others. ;P

5. This whole aspect right here. This is why I just have one doll. *laughs*

6. I don't have an all together favourite, but a favourite for categories.
      For example I have favourites in posing, but she is too big to carry around and to easily play with. Therefore for carrying around I have another doll I prefer, and she's also good at posing. I don't have to work on her anymore (meaning, I don't have to sew or get her clothing, since she's "finished", so to speak), but I can always improve one of my other dolls, since she loves different styles and I can always make new clothes for her (so she's a good doll to sew for). And then there's one where I haven't yet decided on a face-up.
      So I have no perfect favourite doll. I just take out the doll I want to spend time with, since they can all be "used" differently. :3

7. Right now I feel that I love my first one the most, but I guess that it can change if I get other dolls that are completely right.. As I get older and more into this hobby, I guess that new favorite dolls/molds will arrive.

8. If I ever find a second hand Angel Elf Soo, I would want her to be my favorite, because she's my grail doll. I think my Leekeworld Sweet will be my favorite until then, because my best friend is buying her for me just because I'm obsessed with dolls and she loves me. Nothing can take the place of friendship.

9. I definitely have a favorite: my only MSD. I love her body sculpt and the elegance of its joints. She's also the perfect size for me: small enough to move around but big enough so I can easily make clothes for her. Incidentally, she's the only one that I've made clothes for. 
      I like my other dolls just fine, and have no intention of selling them, but they're more cabinet babies for me to admire while my MSD is more of a hands-on doll. Also, buying clothes for them is pretty fun, too.

10. I do have a favorite. My Dreaming Vampire Shiwoo. He has the most clothes and if I can only take one doll to meets, its him. I love all my other dolls about equally otherwise and I have never sold a doll that I own. So they are pretty much safe. My Shiwoo was the first, and first love in the BJD hobby. I also had to save quite a long time to get him. It was a bad time in my life and he brought me much happiness and beauty back into my life.

11. I love all of my dolls equally. But i have one favorite and that is my first doll, a Soom Cuprit (north wind) she was/is my big BJD love. Unfortunately, when I found her she was all sold out, I never thought I would get her. so about 2 months after it was one that said that this doll was on his way home but that he would sell her away because he had found someone he liked better. I was incredibly lucky to get here and never regretted <3

12. I love all my dolls, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have favourites. My absolute number one favourite would probably be my first doll, which happens to be my dream doll. Like I said, I love them all, but there are certain ones that I would end up getting rid of all the other dolls I own to keep.

13. This is a really tough question ^_^;...There is nothing such as the top favourite among my crew.
      I may like this doll the most for the time and focus on him more for now but then I'll get distracted again by my other dolls whenever I got the mood all of a sudden.
      If I have to really pick one,then it would be my Okita,he was a birthday gift from my Mother so he has the most meaning.
      In my opinion the meaning of favourite differs,it can be the one with the most sentimental value,the most appealing and so on....
      So...^_^; The ones you don't see me putting them on the market are the ones I loved the most then!

14. This is a great question!

I guess I can say that I love each of my dolls in a different way. Each of my dolls has something special and unique that they have that another doll from my doll family doesn't have, so it really depends on the mood I am in if I'm going to play favorites^_^

15. I may love my Lusis faceplate, but I know my Kid Delf Cherry girl's always gonna maintain her position at the tippy-top of my BJD hierarchy. She's the one sculpt that practically made me spit and double-take from shock when I first saw her. Heck, she still does. No other doll can have the profound effect upon me that she does (does that sound weird?).

16. My collection is comprised of my favorites of each company, size range, or quirk-factor, but even among them I do have favorites. My Volks Kun was my dream doll when she was first released, and today she's still a favorite. Leeke Mihael is a perfect boy doll, and I adore him. My Domadoll Cooki has quickly become a favorite as well with her quirky looks. My Lusion Dahlia is like a giant dream come true.

My favorites aren't always the ones that get the most attention though. I love big dolls, but I rarely photograph them or change them. I have far more clothing for my smaller dolls and change them a lot, probably because it is easier. ;)

17. Haha, this is an interesting topic with me. I've had four dolls since I joined the hobby, but two have since been sold off because we didn't click - including my first doll! However, it doesn't really feel like I sold my first doll because Rune, my DOC Zen came to me second hand from a friend who ordered him at the same time I ordered my first doll. I watched him get put together and when I took over ownership it felt really like he was my first doll.

Right now I have my DOC Zen (Rune) and a SF Paul head (Wolfgang). Rune would probably be my favourite, just because of how long I've had him and how much work I've put into him. But that may change pretty quick with Wolf's completion, since he's based off a beloved OC of mine.

18. I cycle, as others have said they do, but I usually come back to my Dollshe Husky as my absolute favourite. However, I think I have favourites for different things.
      Llew (Soulddoll Lupinus, DoT) Fox (Husky) and Kit (CP camilla gtob mod) are the ones I feel sentimental about. They were my first, and I got them when I was still in highschool.
      Hilary (Oasisdoll Alejandro, Aod gtob mod) is my favourite to play with because he wears the most interesting clothes, and he is based on a character I invented when I was a child.
      E.Z. (Lishe, B&G) boy) and Yav (Heliot, RS) are relaxing because they were not based on a pre-existing ideas. They are simpler and more fluid than the others.
      Tuesday (SD Camphor), Mardi (Abies, DZ), Hoshang (simply divine Harlequin), and Amen (Feeple Ashley) are my favourites at which to stare. I find them each unique and/or beautiful.
      Yong (65cm DZ Mo) and Denny (Juri, Fdoll) are good sidekicks. They each have their own stories and looks, but they make good companions or extras for my other dolls. In Den's case, sometimes he makes a good enemy. . .
      Shiloh (Lu-wen fdoll) is a misfit in the group. He looks different, and the character's personality is... horrible. He looks cute in a way that is quite different from my other dolls. He is one with which I go through periods of having almost no interest in him to him being the one I am most interested in.
      Abda (RD Shao) and Tuesday are my favourites to handle. They both handle easily and hold poses- Abda a little more than Tuesday.
      Amen and Yav are not my favourites to handle because they can be pains, but I like the way they look when they pose the best. Amen looks very elegant lying down, and so does Yav at times.
      Finally, Fox is my all around favourite. I do not always play with him a lot, but I always come back to being interested in him. I love the way he looks, I like the way he poses (the way it looks- old Dollshes are a pain to pose), the character he is based on is very old and developed, and he is one of the dolls I really wanted early on.
      And, usually, the newest doll gets the most attention because it is... well... new.

19. Aisling is definitely my favorite. No doubt about it, everything from her giant ears to her chunky little body has me wrapped around her resin fingers. I'm sure someday there will be a new doll that comes home and takes her place, but she's my first and for now foremost.

20. I am a cycler, for sure. Generally whoever I've made a new outfit or wig for, who has been most recently modded or repainted or sueded or what-have-you becomes the Favourite for a few weeks as I gaze at fresh handiwork :) And then eventually the current Unfavourite who's got a dusty grubby old faceup or a borrowed ill-fitting shirt or no shoes will glare at me until inspiration hits and I make them something cool and they take their turn with the Favourite crown.