1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos A Midsummer Night's Dream Series 2 Discussion!

Feb 10, 2011

1. Ok, so from all the talk of damage, it never occurred to me to do a better inspection of my dolls. I usually just take a quick look and pic and store them back up. I decided to go check my dolls better. A.Charlotte is fine, no damges to armor. But Derek had the tiniest little break on one of the tips. There was no chipped paint and i found the piece in the box. Since it was so tiny (i needed tweezers to pick it up) i just went ahead and super glued it back. I'm glad it wasn't anything so major that i have to send him back. Although this is the first time i ever had a Pipos doll damaged directly from Pipos. I do agree that perhaps they need to protect these armor dolls better due to the delicacy of the armor.

2. I RECEIVED MINE THIS MORNING!!!AND SHE IS GORGUES!!!
      Sorry for shouting here...
      I think everything is fine, a part from one of her high-heel shoe fell off at the time I received it.
      But this is not a "damage" because those shoes are glued-on anyways.
      so..I've just heated the foot with hair dryer to melt the glue and put the shoe back on again.

3. How odd that so many of us got damaged dolls :(. When my first Charlotte came (with no faceup), she was better packed then my new charlotte. Oh well... they are refunding my shipping back to them, so I'm not going to complain.... but it is hard to see her leave again!

4. After seeing so many damaged cats I just check my Derek. Luckly it is complete (bucause of the short distance with Corea?) but in some armor parts the painting is not very uniform and it is a little bit obvious...well, anyway I felt satisfied.

5. Got my A. Charlotte today! Did a quick check and nothing seems to be broken. Will do a more thorough check later tonight. Like sallybabyfish, I noticed that parts of the armour seems to be a bit clotted and thick (mostly the underside) e.g the underside of the shoulder pieces. Again I will do a more thorough inspection. Maybe I was expecting too much >.< but hoping maybe I can sand the really obvious thick parts a little...

6. I'm glad your kitties came through safely! ^^

I still haven't heard anything back from Pipos about mine. I posted using the 1:1 Care Board and by the number of page views it looks like somebody checked it the first day, but there's still no reply as of the second Korean business day to pass.

7. Full check and nothing seems to be broken :D I think her stringing is a bit too tight, or maybe she just need some good sueding, cause trying to get her legs and hips straight was a bit of a task (she bent forwards most of the time). I think because they are painted with gloss there's a bit less traction. A bit scared of using hot glue though so maybe I'll try actual suede pliver to not scratch the paint.

Points that I noticed:
      - Traction issue on the body parts with paints on them (Knee, ankle, wrist)
      - HER FACEUP IS GORGEOUS HNGGGGGGGGG!!!
      - Sitting was a bit hard to do, I think she was also a bit top-heavy because of the armour and cape
      - I slid the spear into her right hand and it scraped some of the paint off the pad of her thumb; very small and you can do a 2 sec photoshop job if you notice it
      - Her shoulder sockets have those silicone pliver on them when I got her last night

Anyway I shall post my box opening photos tonight. I have dubber her Elena and she's a knight from a kingdom who falls in love with a peasant boy. Now I shall save up to buy either a basic Demon, unless Pipos release a basic Derek (!!) which I would buy in a heartbeat.

8. Fingers crossed they make a basic derek! My sultry little kitty is going to need her beau :)
      No word yet on shipping for me, I ordered on st pattys day right after they went back up for sale. Im worried about the packaging and breakage problems though, I hope they will switch to a different method

9. I have emailed Pipos with concerns over their packaging but haven't received any reply. Here's hoping they'd take it to heart! Anthro dolls are so much more prone to breaking cause of their 'jutty' bits :)

And if they do make a Basic Derek I am in so much trouble...

10. Yeah, I've still not had any reply regarding the damage to my dolls. If I don't hear anything this business day I'll give up and try to glue the broken piece back on. I'll keep waiting before I try to repair the paint, though.

Edit: They replied. :3 As much as I'm sad to see them go, they're going to head back to Pipos for repairs. As with Britt's case, they're going to refund the cost of the EMS shipping back to them. I'll have to see if I can get them packed up and in the mail tomorrow.

11. Just a quick spam of Elena while I put up her Box opening gallery together :D

[​IMG]
      Rose by _the Titania_, on Flickr

12. Took some pics of my Anastasia (she looks so regal I gave her a royal name hehe) today. She is so beautiful :aheartbea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. The kitties are beautiful! My order is still on "Before Shipping", so no kitties for me yet! Sorry to hear about the damages, I'm worried for mine now... ugh.

14. It is so hard to wait...I ordered on March 1 and March 13, but had shipping combined. It feels like they will never get here...but it is so much fun to watch everyone else's dolls come in...they are so beautiful...

Sallybabyfish--your outfits and pictures are wonderful...

15. Thank you very much -3-

16. Thank you very much~I found that there are less people chose half-opened-eye Charlotte...

17. Gah! I usually check the website ALL the time... and for once I didn't and it looks like I missed it when they put them up. :doh

I did check out with an O. Charlotte, but no clue if they're actually still truly in stock at this point (not sure if the owner has to manually remove the "in stock" button or if it goes away once all three are picked up). Oh well! If I don't get this one, it just wasn't mean to be, haha! At least I tried!

I hope everyone else who wanted her managed to snag one! :aheartbea

** And eep, it lets me "check out" with 6 of them in my basket so I'm assuming they just won't go out of stock until the owner of the store removes them (so they could be sold out for all we know). I'm guessing I'm way too late, augh. Sorry little kitty! They do have basic in stock, but I wonder what the new faceup from Pipos will look like hmm!