1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos Charlotte Discussion: clothes, shoes, and anything else!

Nov 21, 2010

1. Aisu, your pictures are GORGEOUS. :aheartbea
      I've been thinking about buying Charlotte lately and this is really starting to convince me. A bit sad to have missed out on this limited one, but the white one with makeup is really growing on me.

The dress your friend made is fabulous. I adore it!

2. Wow! I am waiting for my doll from Pipos, but from looking at the measurements, it seems like aBarbie outfit would be too small in the waist to fit--Barbie has a wasp waist....is there a trick to it, or can I make my vintage Barbie patterns up for her in advance and have them fit? thanks, Penne

3. I have bought barbie clothes for my charlotte and they fit fine. But she can't wear dresses that are super tight in the "bottom" area... Charlotte's is quite a bit bigger then barbies! LOL!!! The waist part is a tiny bit snug, but still fits... at least with the dresses I tried. Hope that helps!

4. I've also tried vintage barbie stuff (and even vintage Sindy, and "clone" stuff ) on my Charlotte and I agree with Britt -- the waist is snug and you might have to be careful putting it on, but as long as it isn't a sheath dress or doesn't have a pencil skirt type bottom, you should be okay.

So you should be able to use the patterns -- and maybe it would be good to wait and add just a bit (maybe just even 1/4 an inch) in the waist . . . . But I don't sew, so take all "sewing advice" from me with a very large grain of salt! LOL

5. Apparently Pipos is working on a new faceup for Charlotte! I wanted to purchase a basic one, but noticed the faceup option was not longer available. I asked them about it (mostly to have an idea of how long the faceup option would be sold out for) and they replied with this:

>The make-up option will be sold-out for a while.
      >Because we plan to re-design the make-up ^^
      >And now we're working on last time limited dolls.
      >So, we don't tell the time yet.. We need to ship the orders first.

That's exciting! I wonder what it will look like. Though considering the amount of LE they have to go through, I'm assuming that means no faceup on basic Charlotte for a few months, maybe? I'm not sure how long it takes them, but I'm guessing it might be a while (AND they have to re-design it to boot). We'll see!

6. Wow...I am glad I got the O.Charlotte...I love the Docshul faceups..

Thanks for the sewing input..I kind of knew it really wasn't a good idea to put a lot of energy into anything without either a dedicated pattern or the animal herself so that I could make the pattern..

I just can't wait...have so many ideas...see her in 1940's and earlier stuff....

7. hi !
      i bought the A Charlotte + body and i was surprise when i see i don't receive the dress in pack ( i made a mistake when i read the sale ...i though i will receive the dress) so i don"t have dress for her :)
      i someone want to sale her limited dress, i'm here ^^

8. I just received my charlotte yesterday and... Wow. I am absolutely floored by this girl! She is an AMAZING sculpt!

I bought some barbie clothing (1956 vintage barbie remake at a thrift store) for her in advance and the bathing suit fits her, but just barely. It makes her look kinda chunky, in a really cute way, and the bust is too large for her. The other one will not fit her without some alterations. Still, Shes stunning in ways I never even thought possible. Sometimes after getting a doll I think about how much I spend and feel guilty, but I can't do that with her. Shes too amazing and worth everything I paid!

9. geishacookie, when did you order your Charlotte? I ordered on March 13, and still have not gotten a shipping notice...begining to get nervous....thanks!

10. Hello! I want to present my Isadora. She arrieved yesterday. I don`t believe than she is so adorable!
      [​IMG]

11. She is so very beautiful, Elizabeth_Cat! Enjoy her...thanks for sharing her picture!

12. awwww, shes soo cute!!!

argh! i've been eyeing the pipos charlotte for the longest time! i hope i can finally have my hands on her one day!

13. Thanks! Good luck;)

14. Does anybody know is the baby iplehouse outfit is good for
      Charlotte?

15. Hey guys, I take it the Barbie clothing for Charlotte only fits body wise? I would imagine it would be way too long length wise?

Also is the R.Pi measurement way off from standard YoSD measurement? Trying to find clothes is too hard xD

16. I don't know about Iplehouse clothes, but I know Barbie clothes fit really well. I am sure that some things can be a bit long on her like Barbie's dresses & gowns. Many standard YoSD items are quite large on Charlotte from what I've seen and heard - the YoSD shoes fit very well but with clothing it depends on the brand/maker.

I'm so sorry I missed out on Midsummer Night's Dream 2. I would LOVE that white rose Charlotte. It has convinced me that I want a whiteskin Charlotte.

17. Weird question, but is it possible to "add" to the basic face up without wiping it ALL clean?
      I'm waiting on a basic grey Charlotte and I just really love those two "dots" above her eyes in the LE... but I don't see myself removing all of it in order to just add those, haha. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to face up.

Such a small detail looks like it can't be THAT hard to do (then again, what do I know)!

** Actually, think I might just go for a custom face up! :sweat

18. Pink Swan, are you wanting to remove any part of the faceup? Or simply add to it? If all you want to do is add to it then you don't have to remove anything. All you have to do is add what you want.
      I suggest you spray it before and after with Mr. Super Clear sealant. The sealer will keep your addition protected from rubbing off.

19. DanceCat, oh thanks! I was thinking of getting her a custom face up, but if that turns out to be impossible, I wanted to know if I could simply add to the basic one, yes! Thanks for the tip! I'm making a note of it just in case I can't get her completely re-done! Many thanks! <3

20. I think it's kinda sucky that you can't order her blank. I don't like the default faceup on the basic version. But Pipos is really great, I have the feeling they might let me order her blank if I asked them to. *ponders*