1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos "Gift Edition" Baha and Ringo

Nov 5, 2010

1. I do hope they would take layaway and still give the event OE head.

In 2009 when they released their new line of Basic dolls, they had an event where they gave a special Kitty head for anyone who buys and pays in full within a due date for one of the basics. The Kitty head did not include face up, it was an extra option. They also offered an extra body as an option too. I looked back on my orders through Pipos and it cost me $540 (before ship) for my basic Bao with face up & face up on Kitty gift head and body for Kitty. Again, they did not allow layaway for this free head event. If you choose layaway and it passed the event due date then you don't get the free head.

Here is a pic of the free Kitty head that was given out. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2726/4316850707_5ace5ac454_b.jpg It came in 3 colors, beige, white and gray. I got the beige with my Bao and eventually found the gray on the secondary market. I have yet to find the white Kitty.

So let us know how Pipos answers you. I would like atleast 1 Baha & 1 Ringo with the OE event heads but i know it would be alot of money if i have to pay in full upfront.

2. Yeah I really hope they give the oe head with layaway! I won't be able to afford two dolls upfront with out it! And I sort of figure what is the point having an extra head without a body. Pipos don't sell bodies separately all the time do they?

3. I don't really recall them selling a body seprate. But i can be wrong. I actually only discovered Pipos not that long ago.

4. Ah so that is what the kitty heads look like! What size body are they on Betty?

5. No I can't see just bodies for sale on their website anywhere!

6. They are PI size so the same as Bao and Baha.

They never had a specific name so I always just called them the Kitty event heads :)

7. Oh wow quite big then, I was thinking they were more ringo size :) They are very cute btw :D

8. I think they gave the option for the bodies just at that event... you can't buy bodies if they don't have an event :/ and I think it was just that one time because they always sell full dolls and not the parts. They do have parts but it's more like option pats for other dolls like ears and tails.

9. I was wondering today myself about a layaway in regards to the free head, so I am very curious as to what they tell you.

10. I was checking a site that still had some old Pipos database and it does look like they did used to (a long time ago) sell separate option parts. These parts include Baha heads, Curo head & ear parts and a white skintone PI size body.

11. my bad then... BTW did not receive any feedback from Pipos yet, they are probably frantic getting the event to launch for the 18th...
      Or they are trying to finish up those Alice in Nightmare ready to be shpped...

12. BTW we have more info on the site:

For the Ringos
      Product : Sweety Vanilla Ringo Gift edition
      Type : Jr. PI Gift edition
      Including : Head & Body & A pair of Cat hands, feet & tail
      Make-up artist docshul
      14mm IRIS Eyes (random colour)
      Applebin Outfit
      Doll box, cushion, certification card
      Skin colour : White skin
      Option : select outfit (A. pink outfit or B. Blue outfit)
      Selling period : from Nov. 18th 2010 ~
      Shipping date : Shipping will be processed by orderly (since your payment is finished) We'll notice the 1st, 2nd, 3rd shipping estimate date when the sale is started.

¡Ú Gift edition releasing Event ¡Ú

For the Baha

Product : Sweety Vanilla Baha Gift edition
      Type : PI Gift edition
      Including : Head & Body & A pair of Cat hands, feet & tail
      Make-up artist docshul
      16mm IRIS Eyes (random colour)
      Applebin Outfit
      Doll box, cushion, certification card
      Skin colour : White skin
      Option : select outfit (A. pink outfit or B. Blue outfit)
      Selling period : from Nov. 18th 2010 ~
      Shipping date : Shipping will be processed by orderly (since your payment is finished) We'll notice the 1st, 2nd, 3rd shipping estimate date when the sale is started.

and here's some event info:

¡Ú Gift edition releasing Event ¡Ú

To celebrate the releasing of "Gift edition",
      we'll present a free head(a open eyes head which you ordered) as a gift,
      if you purchase the Gift edition(Vanilla Baha or Banilla Ringo) during event period.

-Event period : Nov. 18th 2010 ~ Nov. 25th 2010 (7 days / payment should be confirmed)
      -Colour of free head : White skin
      -You can buy the extra body or make-up option(by artist Docshul) for free head.
      (The make-up option does not mean the make-up commission. You don't take the make-up commission.)

¡Ú Christmas shipping Event ¡Ú

We send your order before the Christmas if you purchase the doll during shipping event period.

-Event period : Nov. 18th 2010 ~ Dec. 2nd 2010 (14 days / payment should be confirmed)
      -There's no quarantee for shipping time.

13. Looks like Pipos will allow you to choose what color outfit you want with each doll. I am really hoping they will make it so that you can buy both color outfits with each doll. They allowed the option of purchasing both outfits for Jam the mouse back when he/she was released.

I would love all the outfits but am not so sure i really need all 4 Baha & Ringos :)

14. Oh that is great you can choose what colour outfit!!

15. They've updated that little event message with a picture of the blue OE baha next to it's sleepy counterpart >w<
      What do we do?? I can't imagine how cute all the other OE faces will be *w*

16. I know it makes the choice so hard... I can't possibly afford 4 dolls either, not right now... still have tons of stuff to buy before Christmas...
      I think I'll get a S. Vanilla Ringo with the Oe head and the extra body... I'll make them into twins and I think they will go well with my Connie.. they should be roughly the same scale. Still I love the Heero... but argh... not sure I can afford all that ^^;;

Hope I can charge to my credit card on my Paypal.

17. yeah, making all these guys into twins seems like collective thinking. I assume most others would like to do that as well? I'm still contemplating whether to keep just one :I
      Does anyone know if they'll allow you to purchase the clothing for the extra kitten as well? It wasn't like that for the baby cheshires, but then again they were limited so it's not the same circumstance.

18. The Gift Edition is cute :aheartbea and also the idea of shipment before Christmas is great. I was going to order a Ringo and a Baha. But then again with two free heads would mean the need to purchase two extra bodies. Which means I might end up with four new kitties for Christmas. I cannot imagine how much I might have to pay for this huge Christmas present for myself. I think I'm going to have a real tough time this Thursday :doh

19. I know the coice is just bad... I want a big Heero and a little Ringo... but end up getting four? aaargh too much I know. Two more days to wait for the event or will they have the info up tomorrow evening?

20. Don't forget, the face up on the OE face plate will be an extra option, that means even more money. I world estimate close to 1k for ordering a Baha & a Ringo with face up on all face plates including gift FP and extra bodies. I really hope they will accept layaway because only 7 days to pay off that much money is hard. Only option would be to charge on CC. And i hate having a huge CC bill hanging over my head.