1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos "Gift Edition" Baha and Ringo

Nov 5, 2010

1. I know you're a big collector, animedolls (I sympathize with your Pipos troubles every time they come out with new limiteds ; ^; I don't know how you do it!), but for me not only is money an issue but also the space T__T I don't have the stance to afford or keep all these kittens in my collection. I really want both a baha and ringo set of twins, but the amount of dolls that makes is too much at once. Oh, but I really wish I could :<

2. BJD is really a new hobby for me. I only got into in 2008. Before that i have been collecting Asian fashion dolls for over 10 years. I have accumilated quite alot. But since getting to BJD i have stopped that part of my collecting and as you can see from my Flickr, i have been slowly selling my fashion dolls to fund my BJDs. I'm a stay at home mom so selling something old to fund something new is the only way i make money. It's sad and i don't really want to let go of my fashion dolls (some have fond memories) but i seriously have hundreds of un-played with MIB dolls just stacked from floor to ceiling. And if i don't sell them, then there is absolutely no way i will be able to buy any BJDs.

And yes, i am a crazy collector. For as long as i can remember, i have been into collecting. Even as a child i remember collecting My Little Ponies. Ofcorse back then i just whine every week for my daddy to buy me a new one :) When i get into something, i tend to go a lil overborad :) Even if i have no more space.

3. Close to 1k? That's totally shocking but you're most probably right. I'd most probably have to give up on the extra bodies for the free heads (no twins :...() Or another option is to sell the free OE? As I'm mainly interested in getting the HOE. But guess will need to wait for pictures of the OE, a bit too early to tell right now.

Last night I counted my Pipos Kitties and I have 5 little ones and 2 big ones. I love each and everyone of them :aheartbea and fingers crossed there will be new additions to celebrate this year's Christmas with me and all my other dollies ;)

4. Just a rough estimate since my Basic '09 Bao with face up + free Kitty gift head with extra face up and body came to $540 (before ship). The Baha might be a bit more as 'Special Edition' is a lil higher up then 'Basic'. But Ringo should be less as it is a Jr PI and not a PI.

5. Depending on the price I think I am just going to have to settle for one Ringo and if they give the head as a gift for layaway customers that will be a bonus.

So do you think this is Pipos's Christmas event or will there be something else before Christmas?

6. I think it's pretty much the Christmas event... but they might pull something out of their hats at the last second.
      Personnally I hope not, many of us are still waiting for our Alice in Nightmare dolls to ship...

7. Yeah I'm still waiting for my Dark Cheshire too

8. Pipos has posted pictures of the OE Ringo! VERY CUTE, quite irresistable. Go take a look :D Now I'm really in deep trouble :doh

9. I still can't choose. I prefer the Bahas, but I already have one so it has to be one of the little Ringo. Both their face-ups look so cute on different heads. This is the time I wish I had 3 dolly friends nearby so we can all buy these guys and I could play with them all :<

10. Oh no I'm doomed now!! What to do, what to do??!!!!

11. I just checked the website and they still aren't putting the info for the extra body or the price ;/ and you can't buy both outfits. They probably will put more info on the website soon...

and... I am not in love with the event head... don't know it's just... not grabbing me. I am talking about the ringo head.

is the face up going to be included with the price or not? there's no drag down menu for the make up.

12. The S.Vanilla Baha is even cuter than I expected. The event head is adorable too. I'm not sure if I'll get the faceup for it. It depends on how much the kitty is and then how much the faceup is. Either way, this kitty is coming home for Christmas.

13. I'm pretty sure they always put up all the drag down menu's on the very day of the release.
      As for the face-up, the 'gift edition' is described as coming with both a face-up and outfit. I doubt they'll have a choice for the face-up (they will, though, for the event head)

14. yes that's what I mean drag drop menu for the gift head...
      yes I should drink my morning coffee before I post...

15. These dolls will be always for sale, right? They are not limited? Or is there a chance that next year they are sold out?

I love the smaller ones!

16. From what I can discern from the announcement, the ones up right now are limited, but there will be a basic version of the romantic-eyed dolls. That's my interpretation anyway. The faceups definitely look like their limiteds rather than their basics.

"Dear our friends,

Hello^-^

This is the announcement about PIPOS's new lineup "Gift edition".
      The "gift edition" is between "Basic edition" and "Limited edition" which we already have.
      It's included outfit and make-up but not limited !!

Please welcome our new dolls.

regards,
      PIPOSDOLL"

On a slightly random note, I 'm so glad the clothing colors are the customer's choice. Neither faceup locks us into a gender, so it's nice that they've left it open. :3 Pipos<3<3<3

17. Oh, dear. I never thought I'd fall for anthro dolls, but these are so adorable!
      So these dolls are not limited, but if you order during a certain period you get a speacial head? Is that right?

18. yes I think they will release the dolls as basics so they also won't have the same faceup and you can't get the extra head without the event.

19. Ah ok just checked the site and they are still not up for sale. I was sure it said the 18th! Maybe a bit later today I guess. They are in Korea right? Must look up time zones...

20. Wow South Korea are only one hour ahead of Perth, Western Australia, where I am! So it's 1.19pm for them right now :)