1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos - mercats?????

Aug 1, 2008

1. Oh wow I cant wait..it looks like it gonna be Awsome...lol...*dances*

2. I can't wait to see these myself. The teaser of the jointed tail is perking my curiosity.

3. I feel a little odd about these, for one, a cat mermaid/fish is a strange combination to me. The second thing that bugs me is that they come so soon after the puki releases and now there is another teaser pic, they're even the same colours as the puki merfolk too. It kinda rubs me up the wrong way a lil when I seem similarities between companies like that.

4. I think a cat-fish is a very cute concept! It's the summer, as Pipos stated and none of us have any clue how long they've been planning this. And as far as colours go? Pink = Girl Blue = Boy.

edit: I really want a green/aqua though :(

5. I felt the same thing when lati came out with magnetic hands and feet SO soon after puki.

But these days it seems like it happens all the time. You have the Zuzu animals by eluts what seemed so like Pipos. I think at this point with the market flooded its gloves off.

6. They are neat,.. I am curious to see what the face up looks like

Secretly I am hoping they don't do a blue face up that looks like my Minty!!!

I wonder if they are going to do the Fish and Shark like the Puki's?

7. Oooo. I wonder if that is white resin blushed blue or blue resin blushed blue. =3 Blue resin as standard would be amazing.

8. Oh finally! A properly jointed mermaid tail!!!!
      ... but it has to be on a ...cat?

:-/

Well you have to start somewhere I guess!!

Raven

9. awwwwe, this is toooo cute, I want a catfish baby! :D that's just adoooorable!

10. Awe!! I can't wait to see them now! ^_^ I've really fallen for the animal dollies as of late.. hehe.

11. I can see my animal collection growing with this release. I just hope it's Baha sized.

12. And I feel the same thing about this coming out after Tinybear's mermaid has been being worked on for 6 months, with nice publicly available pictures of the perfectly-jointed and highly functional tail.

I suspect both the Pipos and Tinybear mer-things will find a nice market. But.. just sayin' ....

13. Can't wait to see this doll! Love cats and mermaids, so the combination sounds like purr-fection to me! :fangirl:

14. They are suspiciously similar to the Fairyland Pukis....though of course these are jointed and the Pukis were not. Still....

Anyway, I for one am safe. :) Despite the cool jointed tail, it's, um, a mercat. Not quite what I was after. But it's a good start! Let's hope other companies catch on too....namely Soom....*cough cough*

15. since when did mermaids take over my house, well Zam sealed my fate on that.

lookie forward to this:>

16. Actually, didn't THIS thread come out before Tinybear showed off her mermaid? And before Fairyland released their merdolls.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174361&highlight=mermaid
      As this was posted by the artist Docshul, who often does work for Pipos, I am guessing this is where they got their inspiration.

We have not even seen the new Pipos doll yet, and some people are accusing them (in veiled terms, of course) of copying others.
      Pipos has their own style. I seiously doubt they are trying to rip off other companies sculpts or ideas.

17. On the mermaid/merman/meranthro topic I think it's just a natural evolution of the direction of ball jointed dolls many fantasy interested people voice in discussion interest in satyrs, centaurs, mers and the like so not surprising the companies start to produce what the market demands.

Mers have been posted in the workshop section way before any major company came out with them.

I just want to say please refrain from accusing companies of copying without proof. Fantasy creatures are not patented ideas.

18. Oh my goodness.... she is so adorable! I was barely able to resist the puki piki mermaids but this one is to die for.

19. I ADORE the detail in his/ her ( :?) ears to make them look like fins XD SO effin' cute! Gah, so sweet!

20. well put. there is nothing similar to the pukis about them excpet the fact that they are fish tails in pink and blue. mermaids aren't new in terms of BJDs. Even Soom used the idea for their monthly, even though he isn't an actuall mer-doll. As for colors, pink and blue are defaults for boy and girl. Pipos has already been doing the pink and blue limited sets for their other dolls.

The tails don't even look like the puki tails. Not one bit.

I'm really excited to see more pictures of these little guys! They look adorable ^///^