1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos - mercats?????

Aug 1, 2008

1. I love the coloring on the ears for this doll, although I'm not really fond of having a Catfish in my house. I cant wait to see what everyone ends up doing with theirs.

2. Yeah, I like how the ears are painted too. I like how they make a very finished concept with all its blushing and stuff too.

3. I like the forehead jewel and the detailing in the ears. I'm totally biased in regards to facial gems though *points to her Heero* :lol:

4. the detailing in the ears is wonderful... but those things sticking out of the front of him kinda throw me off O_o I guess they're there so he can still stand? *shrugs* they just look kinda funny to me >.>

5. I think they're there to look like side fins and also to help in holding merlike poses. I often use my merpukis sidefins to help in propped poses so the poseable sidefins on mer dolls are quite useful and also serves as another point of articulation

6. the painting on the inside of the ears reminds me of buddydoll nicky cat ears which i love. i think its a neat concept. not sure if i will get this one right away since they are coming out with new little cats and eventually their dog which i will have to have.

7. I'm not a big fan of anthro dolls, but a mercat? That's so delightfully silly, I think it's adorable! ;) I think it looks really cute, and I love the earpaint. I actually want it... would be really cute to have as a pet for my merman Vega. *Wishes for a big box of money*

8. the mercat would be an awesome pet for your merman vega. if i had a vega i would have to get the mercat. you can always do lay-a-way since everyones money trees are getting bare:)

9. The extra fins on the...fin are kind of strange to me, but otherwise I think he is very cute. :) I love the way those ears are painted! I'm glad he doesn't look like a regular cat with a tail - he actually looks like a mercat (if there were such a thing)

10. I had been really excited about this one. Until the full length photos came out that is. I really, really dislike the extra fins!:ablah::ablah::ablah:

Any one have any ideas on how to make then go away? Because I want to go back to wanting to own one of these little fellows without any reservations.

Morgan

11. People don't like the extra fins? They seem reasonable to me, being a fish tail. You know, to steer and stuff.

12. Well, I think the fins may have been nicer if they were more fin-shaped. But since fish do have those little fins like that.... It won't really bother me.

I can't wait for it to come out. I absolutely adore the idea of a mercat. And especially a merbunny. I have a merbunny character....

The big question at this point is which one is going to be cuter. Mercat or the new Mango and Bingo molds.

13. True but in "classic" mermaids you usually don't find all the corresponding fins that a real fish has.

I think beyond that my biggest problem with them is that they seem to be out of proportion with the size of the doll. I realize that their main reason for being is to prop the doll up in fish-like poses but they still look awkward to me.

Morgan

14. I think the mercat is adorable and beautifully painted...but the secondary fins on the sides are...almost arm-like to me. True they would be usefull for posing and whatnot but I think if I was thinking about buying one I'd see if those could be removable first. But its still a very cute doll. ^_^

15. Pipos did not quite nail this one for me. It is interesting and daring, but it just seems like a bit too much going on in the same doll. A forehead jewel, a fish tail, and a cat torso and head just did not connect for me.

16. um... well I also am not keen on the too long front fins. Also I would have wanted to see actual wavy cat ears like fin ears (mer) rather than the same cat ears it would have brought the upper and lower body together.

17. Oh lord it's adorable! If I wasn't already committed to buying another doll I'd probably have to pick one up XD I love the little face and tail!

18. They have pose-able tails.*drools* I wonder if it's only mer-cat Ringo that they'll have...but Ringo is pretty cute so i wouldn't care either way!

19. the extra fins probably look less awkward if he's propped up on them...

just a thought

20. New photo has updated ^-^
      [​IMG]