1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos Mini Size Limiteds: Alice, Budle, Sandle

Feb 2, 2009

1. I just meant for fit, if that's the body it's made to fit finding a body with a similar circumference neck would work.

2. thanks kayjay for the link to that fabric- I ended up getting something different, but that was fun looking at all the 'Alice' themed ones on ebay!!

I asked Pipos what the neck size should be for a suitable body. They did not give me a size(or measurement) nor recommend any manufacturer or particular body...they said that the
      head is shown on a Volks MSD body and that the head color is 'normal'. I thought the resin of the head looked paler than the body- but perhaps the Volks body had yellowed some?

Anyway- I finally found here on DOA that the Volks MSD neck is 8.5 cm.
      Sadly, the body I have chosen and really want is the Leeke Gentle body with a neck size of 7.4 cm.
      Is there a way to make this work I wonder? Will it matter?

PlanetDoll neck is listed as 7.5 cm. and the DollsTown 5 yrs body is 7.5 also.
      I guess I will just have to be *patient* and see what the head looks like upon arrival...not easy for me & I wanted to have a body en route , LOL!!
      oh well...

xxoo kate :chocoberry

3. Here all information about my Pipos doll budle (2007), the same mold as Alice:
      standing , face , profile.
      Resin is yellow, it wa s yellow since the beginning.

Hybridation try

Necks of custom house little junior and iple house are too large!
      [​IMG]

Volks MSD fits perfectly... but head can't move. Volks SDC neck is far too large.
      [​IMG]

neck of Soulkid body is too large
      [​IMG]

Comparisons of color and heads
      [​IMG]

I don't have any Dollmore, Minifee, Unoa, Serendipity.... to try other hybridations.

4. latedate_kate: My budle has her own hand-maid body, it is very slim and yellow, to fit the head color. (picture here, warning Nudity)

5. EEP! Got my shipping notice! Now begins the hunt for a body.

"International Velvet Can she wear 6-7 wigs?"

I was told by Pipos when I asked that 6/7 would be too small. They told me 14mm eyes, and 7/8 wigs. But wouldn't reply as to what body or resin tone was the best match.

6. My Alice head is at home!! I have good news: the skin color is a normal skin color,
      more peach than yellow, rather pale. The neck hole is larger than the old one, hybridation will be easier! Picture later!

7. Here the first pictures and tries! The head comes without eyes, just the head in a pink carton box^^ I have compare the head with Luts normal skin too (but no picture), almost the same color. I have tried the head on a Dolkot body NS too. Dolkot is more yellow, but proportions are fine. Picture later.

Blank head. She has a heavy pink blushing that can not be seen because of flash
      [​IMG]

Comparison with an old budle
      [​IMG]

comparison of resin
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

On a Volks MSD white skin body
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. Her skin tone looks gorgeous! When you say Luts, do you mean Luts now or Fairyland? Also, what do you think about a normal Volks skin tone? I still wonder if the Planet Doll body would be best. :sweat

I can't really tell, but which resin did you think was the best match?

She's really pretty! I can't wait for her to arrive! :D

9. It's Lut's normal skin (Kid delf), I have a bory. It's the better match now, but
      I haven't tried all resin^^. Volks normal resin is more yellow than pipos resin.

10. Yesss !! ^___^
      It's realy a good news for me, the maturity of the kid delf girl body is exactly what I want for my Alice.

Just a last question :
      You said that the neck hole is larger than the old one of Budle, but do you think it's enough for a Kid delf body ? (I hope that my girl would be able to move her head when she wants ^^)

I have no MSD at home so, if you have time, could you take a photo (from head to foot) of your Alice head beside your Bory ? (please don't bother to put the Alice head on the body :sweat)
      ... I want to know if the body is not too large with the Alice head, I'm searching for a thin pretty girl ^^

If you have not time for my request don't worry, I understand very well. Thank's again for all your photos and answers !

11. Here pictures of two hybridation tries: On dollkot girl body normal skin and on luts kid delf girl body real skin (thank to missy who allows me to try on her body)

On each image: full body picture and comparison of resin.
      Luts is the best, although the resin color is slighty paler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. My Alice suddenly shipped on the 12th so I got her today. She really is extremely cute and petit!

But, I don't think her head's being too big. Namely, I've got another MSD, a Notdoll Peru - and his head is waay bigger then her's! O_o; Not to mention te body. It was way too big too.
      I measured, his body is 43-5 cm so it should've been more or less all right.
      Well, I just hope that the Kid df boy body would fit!^^;;

Now she's sharing a body and wig with my MSD boy. XD
      The resin match is off too... Need to get a bodyy o_o;

[​IMG]

The body:
      ( it doesn't seem so off size in the pics - but it actually IS! very much...^^;)

[​IMG]

13. This morning, I have received my kid delf girl body for my Alice Head !! She is incredibly beautiful, more than in my imagination :fangirl:
      The skin tone and size of the Kid delf girl body fits perfectly ! If you want a young thin girl style, it's ideal.

Promise, I will share photos of her with you as soon as possible ;)

14. Lucky! :) I just got my Alice head the other day but i can't afford a body yet atm :(

Do u know if MSD outfits fit the Kid Delf body? I've been eying some custom MSD size outfits on YJA :)

Share pictures soon. I'd love to see her.

15. Kid delf Luts clothes fit very well (of course ^^), but she have a Dollmore outfit at this moment and it fits very well too.
      I don't know if all MSD outfits sizes fit Kid delf girl body... I have not find any MSD bodies comparaision pics but Kid delf body girl is thin and have no big breast so, for worse, some MSD clothes would be too large.

I have to select my first photos and I want to make some others standing up, but, this week end, I will try to post my Pipos Alice with Kid dekf girl body (Lily) with his Dollmore outfit :sweat

16. Currently, my Alice head is on a white skin body (girl but it's a boy nevertheless).
      It's not a good match of color, but it doesn't hurt the eyes, especially when dressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hi !!

I have made the promise to post some photos about my Alice head LE with Kid delf girl body real skin, sorry I'm late... :sweat

My Lily accepted to put off some of her clothes for you ^^

You can see how much the KDF body fits very well with her head, I love her style :aheartbea

[​IMG]

KDF body :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have seen the new body for Alice head that Pipos makes for the futur event... it's a bit strange for me to see the same head as my Lily on a so different body *_*
      I'm so accustomed to seing her head on a KDF body now !!

--> Canelle : Your Luc is realy cute and original !!

18. Aile and canelle-
      your dolls look wonderful & Alice looks great as a boy! I think the Luts body looks wonderful and happy there is a well matching one that is easily available.
      I have hesitated to post my Alice, because I did not get her a mini sized body and am not sure if I will. I put Alice on a Lati Green body- so I guess she is officially a tiny :lol:
      The resin match is very good, the head maybe not perfectly tight, but some glue sueding will help.

I will post a link to a nekid shot in my PB album...and the proportions may look a little awkward, but I am enjoying dressing her in my Bleuette clothing!
      ...and she looks perfectly fine with her big headed siblings, the Lati Yellow 16cm :aheartbea

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/latedate_kate/000_0019-9.jpg

xxoo kate

19. Here's a picture of the 1st Alice head on a Volks Swarrico MSD Body and with Alice Jr. and Mad Hatter with her. This gives you an idea of color of Volks to the head and what the 2nd series dolls look next to the MSD Alice head.

[​IMG]

20. Really?? Pipos actually planned to make an MSD sized body for the MSD Alice head?
      ( Or you were talking about the tiny Alice & mad hatter body?) XD
      But if not... where did you se it? I'm curious. :o:aheartbea