1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetDoll Mini Riz 27cm discussion part 3

Jul 23, 2011

1. Meike: Your Tabitha is breathtakingly beautiful! I always immediately recognize your pictures on different threads, you are such a talented photographer!

Oh my, those mermaids are luring aren't they? And in this size, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist...
      Can't wait to see what people do with these little creatures!

For those considering ordering new PD dolls in NS, it might be helpful to know that the NS shown in this PD picture is a new NORMAL PINK skintone. For more on that, see here (more links given there as well).

2. I emailed Denver Doll to ask if they'll be carrying her. I LOVE me some fantasy dolls!!

The head is cute tho, even if I'm not fond of the ears. Maybe I can have them swap another head on or get the ears modded... or something...

ETA: Apparently Denver Doll can't order the mermaids. Darn.

3. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if the planetdoll tan is sandable? I would hate to do any modding only to get discoloration! if someone knows anything about this i would be most appreciative!

4. I'm sunk. I've really been tempted by these minis, and now this. Well....that's it. I know what Santa is bringing me. I wonder if Oobie doll will carry her?

5. [​IMG]
      Here is my new girl. I just finished her face up and I don't have a name for her yet. I always struggle with names! Boo. Now I need to find her some clothes. I thought Barbie would work but all the Barbie clothes I could find were hideous! Do Blythe clothe work pretty well? I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that isn't going to fit. But that seems to be what a lot of people do?

6. [h=4]Mini Riz by PlanetDoll in NS(Yellow)[/h][​IMG]

1st impressions:
      She's Lighter in weight than I thought she would be; since my PD Aqua is so much heavier.
      The proportions are cute and tiny with the signature PD human like details all over the body.
      she was supposed to be the body for my CastleAnne Jasmin Head. But she maybe too adorable to mess with.

7. Stop it, you're making me blush! :) :aheartbea Thank you!!

Congrats, she is lovely!!! Yeah I'm not such a fan of the Barbie clothes either. As for Blythe clothes - I have only tried dresses so far, and they definitely fit, as long as you don't buy the maxi dresses as they are much too long.

Whoooo! Many congrats! Aren't these Mini Riz sweet?! :)

8. Can someone tell me what wig size the mini's wear?

9. They use 4,5 size.

10. Thank You!:)

11. I love her hair. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?

Also, no reply from Oobiedoll on whether or not they will be carrying the little mermaid. Has anyone ordered her yet? I've never ordered directly from Planetdoll- what is it like? Do they take a long time, etc?

12. I just ordered the mermaid and directly from Planetdoll on 8/15. I sent them a message telling them I forgot to enter the order # on paypal, but I haven't heard anything yet, since it's the weekend. I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow.

13. I have ordered all but 1 of my PD's directly from the company. The longest was my Mini Dandys-they took 30 business days-apx. 6weeks-everyone else arrived in less than 30 days.

14. Hey Rikki, I get all of my doll eyes from Safrindoll.com, my Riz is wearing the Hand Glass Craft.
      Your girl looks fabulous! Did you sort out your scratching and headcap issues?
      I do not know about all Blythe items, but the coolcat blythe shirts on ebay work, in my experience. The leather jacket my Riz is wearing (on a previous page) is a "Somedoll" blythe jacket, as is the T-shirt (somedoll on etsy). I also bought some more Somedoll stuff for blythe, a skirt and some stockings, and they all work. I do not think every Blythe item works though!

15. Thanks I'll check that stuff out! I just tried sewing a little dress which is supposed to be for Blythe - It fits but it's super short and it needs a couple tweaks to the neckline. :D
      I emailed DDE and they said that the head caps are like that normally. They said they would give me my money back if I wasn't happy. But in the end it's not like shes a $1000 doll and really I don't care too much. The only reason I'd fuss about it is if I wanted to resell her and I know how picky others can be about that stuff. I guess I won't resell her :D

16. Congrats on the mini mermaid

It takes them a little bit to reply back on their forum and never via email. So use the PD forum. They responded with in the 5 business days on average. I think it's because there is only one person who can read and write in English for all customer inquiries.

Also don't freakout if you don't hear from them like I did. My order (PDoll Auqa) did arrive within 30 days and was in great condition. and packaged wonderfully.

17. Thanks! It's good thing you told me because I know if I didn't hear anything from them, I would start going into panic-mode!:o

18. Hey guys!
      I'll be frequenting here often~

Planet Doll is after my own heart with the release of the mermaids in my favorite size LOL

I'm like $85 away from affording one @u@;

19. I just got a reply from Oobie doll and they will be carrying her, and hope to have her in stock by November. She said they will be putting up a pre-order thread soon. So...YAY! Oobie doll is wonderful to deal with, that's where my Vienna came from.
      So I guess in November Santa can go shopping...now to decide which color!

20. Hey cirquemom!

I've been wanting a mermaid BJD since I first saw one here on DoA but none of the sizes available appealed to me until PlanetDoll's mini mermaids lol

I plan to get a white one to paint up like a Koi mermaid, unless the urge to make a rainbowfish engulfs me.
      I also want to get her a fish bowl to sit in @___@