1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetDoll Mini Riz 27cm discussion part 3

Jul 23, 2011

1. Hi, Eevee, I've also wanted a mermaid for a very long time. So when I saw the size and price, I couldn't resist I bought her. I'm also getting her in white and blank.

2. Ohh...that sounds fabulous, what a great idea! I think I'm getting a normal, because I want her to wash up on the beach here, so will do more subdued colors for her tail.

3. Does anyone know anything about Planetdoll tan? Is it sandable? Consistent from batch to batch? Resin matches? The search engine wasn't turning up too much useful information, seems not too many people actually have Planetdolls. ;-; And 'tan' is too short to be searchable, which doesn't help...

ETA: Where does Oobie doll ship out of, if they are going to be getting the mermaid in stock? I couldn't find that on their site, but I'm trying to avoid paying the full EMS fee.

4. I have a tan mini riz. I can't tell you if she is sandable or not though. The back of her head cap has a small imperfection but the rest of the doll looks even. I think PlanetDoll is pretty popular though... Good luck!

5. I think i am the only one who has done serious modding on my PDs. Yes, the tan is sandable. I sanded the uptilt off my Mini Roseanne, Shriara's nose.
      [​IMG]
      100_0141 by richila9098, on Flickr

6. Just to tide you over here's a pic of Aqua in MSD size. I also thought everyone would appreciate it for Mini Mermaid purchasing reference or just enabling :giggle:
      [​IMG]

7. Also here's one with legs
      [​IMG]

8. That's cool, good to see some other shots of big-mermaid. Big-mermaids out of my financial reach tho, which is why I'm interested in lil' mermaid.

9. Hi

I was thinking about getting a tan or white skin aqua does anyone have comparison photos up against say soom white skin, or soom tan Afi or dollmore white or fairyland WS?

EDIT The soom white/tan or black skin I'm asking about is the teenie gem colors, Appini, Shonki and Afi to name them, I'm not sure if the white skin is different on the Sd dolls.

Let me know

C

10. Sorry don't have any but the pictures I posted are pretty much true to color...I made sure I adjusted it with the exception of the over exposed left side of the photo. My incandescent lighting in the Dolly Studio adds more shine to that area.

11. Lol I like how the tail is hanging on the doll stand.
      Makes me think of how fish is hung...

I'm working my butt off to earn the last bit needed to get a mini aqua @u@;;;;

12. Does anyone know if it is limited or have a limited time period? I'm not familiar with PD's site.

Thanks!!

13. I can't remember where they ship from, but if you google oobie doll you can find the site and ask them. The shipping was reasonable so it must be US.
      I'm having a really hard time deciding what color to get!!!!

Also- what size wigs do the minis take? According to the site their head measures 4.6 inches- so do they take a 4/5 wig? Would a 5/6 wig fit? If you have one of these dolls and you have bought a wig, what size and brand did you get?
      Thanks!

14. Ships from the west coast I believe. I ordered my Mini Riz from her and shipping was 16.00 arrived in 3to 4 business days in stock.

15. They definitely take 4-5, their head is much smaller than say, a Lati Yellow or a Pukifee. I just tried a 5-6 wig on my Tabitha and it was much too big on her. I got her a Sewaddictd wig, Pam has a mini herself and makes sure they fit perfectly. :)

16. I'm saving for a Mini Mermaid Aqua! :D I was going to get the bigger one, but then the mini one came out and I'm smitten! The small size works so much better for me. I hope all those who ordered one gets them soon!

Would 10mm eyes fit in a Mini Planetdoll? I think it said Mini Aqua wears 8mm eyes, but my favorite eyes don't run that small (Gumdrops). Thanks for the insight!

17. My Mini Riz arrived today! She has such a dainty little body, doesn't she? I don't want to post any pics since she is currently bald, eyeless and without a faceup so there's not much to see. I am sending her out for a faceup shortly and will post pics once she is looking more like herself.

And for reference purposes, I have both a Momoko and a Blythe and some of the clothes work on Mini Riz and some do not. Pants are not an option. Some skirts work as do some dresses. In general, if the dress is designed to be short on Momoko or Blythe, it will probably be TOO short for Riz. Longer lengths are much better. Go for larger wrist openings too as some designed specifically for Momoko or Blythe will not be wide enough for Riz's larger hands. Sleeve length can be an issue too. Some long sleeved Momoko/Bythe things fit Riz well and some are a bit too short. I think the best bet if you are considering a Blythe or Momoko item for Mini Riz is to go for a longer length dress with either short sleeves or sleeveless. Hope this helps everyone!

18. It depends on how the eyewells are cut. I have put 10cm in a Mini Riz and they fit, but they wouldn't fit in my Mini Roseanne.

19. Just wanted to drop in and say I found an "off the shelf" outfit that fit PlanetDoll today - the clothes for the Justin Bieber doll! Everything fit but the shoes, and they were really close, but I didn't want to force it. The jeans are a little loose in the waist but perfect in the legs. I got the skateboard set (the Justin Bieber skateboard is going to my Pukifee!). I may go back and get the other outfits since I'm always looking for outfits for these guys.

20. Hi cirquemom! Nice to be in the same thread with you again! 5/6 is too big, in my experience. My Riz has a "Funny Lori" wig, and I would have to say it is the most perfect fit of any wig I have ever had! Nice and snug, stays put, and it's beautiful. She sells on etsy, I'd definitely check out her etsy sales or send her a pm if you want a specific color, she's a darling to work with and her prices are quite reasonable!

My Mini Riz has been a bit neglected lately, but she did get a new outfit the other day, so I'll try to spam her soon!