1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Favorites

Mar 26, 2007

1. Armand is my favorite, hands down! I love em all dearly, but if I could only have one, it would be Armand.

2. I tried not to play favoritism but I really can't deny the fact that kyoshi is and always will be my favorite boy. He's my mom's favorite too and most of my friends seem to prefer him too...sometimes I feel sad for Dantès because it seems that I'm the only one who loves him:( He's my big boy and I love him to bits but kyoshi is everything I've always wanted so he will always be #1.

yeah, I feel guilty, but that's the way it is.

3. I play shameless favorites. My first two dolls will always be my favorites.

4. I know I Lyr is my favorite. ^__^ He goes absolutely everywhere with me. And I love his clothes the most!

5. *raises hand* My girl is overseas and isn't with me right now, so my boy gets much more attention and photography time. I make it up by spoiling her with clothes and wigs though (and my girl ends up having more accessories than my boy). ^^

6. currently i only have one doll so it's not hard to well choose. but i'm thinking of having a second doll. the reason i don't like having a huge number of dolls is cos i kno i'll play favourites!

when i had barbies i had two that i luved above all the others. one sat pristine on a vanity mirror throne the other is always cared for and slept in my bed sometimes. the others were tossed in the box. This will happen to BJDs as well i kno. So i'll never have more than 2. It was gonna be one if i brought El first but i'm buying him next (fingers crossed) it's not as if i don't like Rae, but i like El's head mold the best!

If i do get El it'll be seperate attention. El for photographs cos Mowan's aren't the best for photos. But Rae will sit with me cos he's smaller and all that headache i went through i'm very emotionally attached to him.

7. my mum asked me this last night and said which would i keep if i could only have one ...........(insert argument) the run down is this i could not i love them all and well (insert bummer) my favoret was stolen :sweat i guess i carry wynn about the most he a huggable size;)

8. I always try to balance the love I have for the twins but just sometimes... I'm still more to my first girl. Shinku always the one I love most thou now she got twin sister that exactly look alike. xD It seems my love to her is much more than to ShinHwa. May be because I adopt ShinHwa back from past owner and she come late? Dunno but I'm still trying to balance the love eqaully so I'm play fair!

9. Sure I have a favorite I preffer my msd sized doll to my sd one, I don't feel bad about it.

10. Without a shadow of a doubt Trystan means the world to me. I love Stumble dearly and the two of them get a pretty level amount of attention generally, but when it comes down to it, Trys follows me round the house if I'm doing things and Stumble stays on the sofa :) Trys is always the one I cuddle when I feel bad, but I have to say recently I've hugged them both together more and more.

Imp really was my experimental doll, I don't have the same bond with him I do with the others, I do love him, if I didn't I wouldn't have him, but if I had to sell him, it wouldn't hurt me a massive amount. Selling the other two, Trys especially, would kill me.

11. I do play favorites, horribly so. But it stopped bothering me a long time ago. In fact, I'm not sure it ever bothered me to being with.
      Madolynn, my CP Soo was my first and will forever be my favorite. She was the first mold to jump out at me and I have a very special bond with my girl. She gets the most clothes, wigs, eyes, toys and general attention. She sleeps in my bed with me, while the other three spend their time together on a shelf.

That's not to say that I don't go through phases where I feel like spending the most attention on the others though! Right now I'm spending a lot of time with Riven, my CP Tan DES :)

12. I play favorites too. Kodona usually wins. Every time I go out, he's the one that goes along...He has the most clothes, he gets the most mention, he gets the most drawings done of him, etcetc the list goes on.

13. I don't think I've got a favorite, but I sometimes feel like this... still I don't know which one when I want to know! xD

14. Dooly, my LatiDoll Blue Cara. x3 Compared to having a big girl (PW Yulli) in the house now, she's so small and compact and I love everything about her, dare I say it even how fishy faced she looks and the dear-in-the-headlights look she has when you take pictures looking up at her. She was my first doll, huge package, international order, multi-hundred dollar purchase, among other things.
      I love Etain so much, I'm just still trying to find Her in the doll she's supposed to embody. T__T;

15. Hands down, Jay is my favorite. He was my first doll and bore the brunt of all my first experimentations (sueding, sanding mold lines, face-ups). He's the one I immediately think of when I want to cuddle, and the one I like to photograph the most. This favoritism bothered me in the beginning, but I've long since accepted it.

16. My favourite is Thunder, my Tan Shiwoo. I can't help it. He embodies a favourite fictional character that then inspired my own character, which somehow morphed into a resin form idea (separate from the 'inspired characrter'), all before his actual doll-self, in all his tattooed perfection, came up on the marketplace. I love everything about him, and it would break my heart to give him up. He wasn't my first, but he was the first I bonded with properly, and it looks like he will be the first I got that I will keep.

17. Yes, I play favorites. The girl in my avatar, Isis, is my favorite doll - she's the last doll I'd ever sell. She was my first Super Dollfie, my first girl, the doll I had a omukae ceremony with, the doll that touches my heart the most, the list goes on ^^; And no, I've never felt guilty about it.

18. Don't worry-- you have QUITE enough love to go around. :) If you happen to lavish more attention on one doll, it's not going to make your love for ANOTHER doll go away. Like... loving your mom doesn't mean you love your dad any less. Or something. Love's supposed to be one o' those things that keeps increasing the more you give it.

With that said: With 14 boys in the harem, I cannot afford to play favorites. ^^ I might have a "favorite of the day" or "favorite of the week", depending on mood... like the way you'll just feel like wearing nothing but green all week, or eat the same lunch 3 days in a row. But then I'll pick another one to focus on, and keep changing. And some of them just don't like much attention anyway, so I play with them the least.

I do not like to think about the eternal question of "what if there was a fire & you could only pick one?" :sweat Because I'm not sure I could! Rowan is my alpha male... but Sora is my touchstone... and Kaiya is the most irreplaceable... and... oh dear, I guess I'll just have to send the fire department in to fetch all 14 after they save me. :P

19. I was wondering if anyone has favorites among their dolls. Of course you would love them all but, is their a certain one you like more than the others? Some people who think of there dolls as their childern might think it unfair and never have a favorite other people might chose one over the other easily. I want to know what everyones thoughts on this are.

20. I love all my dolls and their characters, but would say I do favour Kizzy a bit, prob cos I can make some of his clothes, which I enjoy and he so cute lol