1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Favorites

Mar 26, 2007

1. I do, my first doll Nagihiko is the one I take out most with me and I sleep with him beside me. He just feels more lifelike then my other boys. He's my guardian angel.

2. I have a hard time picking a favorite. I go through phases, and different ones are favorites for different things. My Resinsoul 27cm, Sapphira, has the most clothing and gets the most "play" because of it. My MNF Shushu, Finn, is a favorite for photos because she's so poseable. Ruth and Kale are Shiwoos and are just LOVE, plus they have two of the best faceups I've done. My Delf Dreaming El mod hybrid, Ciaran, has quickly become a current favorite, I love taking him places and he's just so beautiful. Crow, my Dolkot Day is just beautiful, and is the cuddliest of my dolls. Riddick, my Dollzone Mo is my first, and is just totally special to me.

If I try to think of a favorite, I automatically think of Riddick, Crow and Ciaran. But Finn was the first character I came up with, and was the first doll I wanted even though I didn't get her first. And I just adore Kale, and Fitch is so charming, and Devon's just a work of art, and Sapphira is fun, and Sprocket's so cute...

I can't pick! :sweat

3. Yes. Totally. I only have two and my Hound gets all the love; so much so that I'm selling the other boy and I'll just have the one!

4. I have come to find that I do have a favorite. My boy Nalin has taken the spot light and my affections. I have only had him less then a month, but he is just so perfect. He is the perfect size, he poses wonderfully, and the character has bloomed into a wonderful personality. He is the one who sits with me on the couch, or is in my room at night.

I do feel a bit guilty. I have ten dolls, and have had others longer.. Kiyori is my first, and is special in that respect.. But other then that, Nalin is just my favorite. I love playing with him, and taking pictures of him. ^^

5. Playing favourites... haaaa... by necessity, one of my dolls cannot be taken out, for fear of being discovered, so my other one gets all the attention. However, I do enjoy taking pictures of my unfavourite, because he's easier to photograph than my favourite...

6. Well, I don't think I play favorite, but my brother thinks I play favorites. He believes that I spoil Aurora more than I do Marcus. Which I don't really believe. xD
      But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean, you're free to like one thing more than another, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

7. Oh, Raziel [Lu-Wen] definately gets the most love & overly spoilt here!
      He was my 3rd doll but is now my longest owned one as i have sold on the previous two, at first i was disappointed because i had saved hard for him, but then his character bloomed & he "got the right look" he now gets everything he wants- & when i am shopping for the others i always end up with something in my basket for him too. He is most likely to accompany me out also.
      I adore my doll family but there is no denying that he is the leader of the pack <3
      & there is nothing wrong with that...

8. When a new one arrives, it always becomes a favorite. Right now it is my CH Sia that Pepstar painted. As the favorite, they get to have a prime spot next to my computer so I can see them throughout the day. I tend to rotate in my favorites and if one has been neglected lately, I tend to take it down from the shelf, change the clothes, etc. and it becomes a favorite again.

When I was a lot younger, I used to feel bad for my stuffed animals, but with my dolls I don't.

9. for me it's the new ones that get the most attention at first. but usually over all my first two dolls stay the favourites over all :3

10. I was giving my MNF Shushu Dizzy a TON of attention and hardly giving my DZ Shoyo 3 any attention. Eventually I just got tired of my Shoyo. I don't like DZ bodies and even though she had a really sweet face, I didn't even like her character anymore so I sold her and bough another MNF XDD Now Dizzy has a new, suitable girlfriend. :]

11. I tend to like each of my dolls for different reasons so no i do not find myself playing favorites. :)
      My soom amber is by far the most beautiful and elegant of my dolls so when I am in the mood to look at something beautiful and elegant I play with her.
      My yo Colin however is by far the most adorable of my dolls so when i am in the mood to cuddle one of my dolls I play with him!
      I suppose if I had two dolls with the same appeal, another cute Yo perhaps, then this would be an issue but as it stands I don't really plan to do that. :sweat

12. i only have 2 right nowand i go back and forth, my first is beautiful and FIRST. but my second has a much better body and poses alot better, i love them both

13. Yep, I do play favorites. My first doll Anna (DOD E-an) is hands down my favorite. Love love love her, she gets all the stuff, she's totally spoilt. My second fav right now would be Astrid, my SOOM Glot. But I think Anna will always remain my favorite.

14. Of course.
      Some dolls just photograph better, or are easier to deal with when doing photography. Others have a better "feel" or heft to them that makes you want to hold. Some are fun and easy to dress and redress. Other just have a connection.

I like fiddling with Heliot (Bob) but not playing or re-dressing. Soon he'll start in lots of photos. Where the littlefees are wonderfull for just putting them into wacky poses and playing with them. And of course my minifee is just the girl with clothes.

So I guess it's what I feel up to dealing with.

15. I play favourites in different ways. My Glot is my favourite to photograph; she's light and easy to carry anywhere, I love how she photographs, and she's my best poser. My Sapphira doesn't get photographed nearly as often, but he gets more new clothes because I enjoy sewing for SD size more than sewing for Yo-SDs. So it kind of balances out. :lol: It does make me feel guilty sometimes because I feel like I should be sewing more for my little girl; she only has three dresses.

16. I totally play favourites.

D (DM suntan Pado) was my first and got me off my butt to actually buy a BJD. He was the first to create a character for himself- the others were created around him.
      Except for MO (AoD Mo), who was unplanned and at the bottom of the favourite list. BUT that doesn't mean I don't love him, because I really do. He's just the most difficult. The most difficult to pose, most difficult to dress, and he doesn't "talk" much, so figuring him out is weird. And I'm not too into SDs. But sometimes I go days just giving him all my attention.

Lately its been all about Ely (MNF Shiwoo), but that's because he's new. I know he and my next doll are going to have the most stuff, MO will have the least, and D will sit there like the grump he is threatening to beat me up unless I buy him more toys. Then when I eventually get my tiny, he will be going with me everywhere.

Don't worry D, you'll always be the favourite, you spoiled little boy you.

17. Anne is my special sweetie. I had to sell one of my other dolls because she didn't get enough love. My Nyx was a birthday present from my mom, and is very special, but I have understood her to be a different kind of doll. Anne is not a "doll" to me, she is a friend and companion. Nyx is a figurine that I play with and pose and change her outfit, but I still love her. Just, differently. As an object.

Amalia

18. Addicting hobby is right! haven't been on here a week yet and could of spent a lot of money for what I wanted. In a way lucky as some are no longer made so can't find them (that's saves money). And I give myself at least 24 hours to mull over pictures and really think about it rather than hitting that "add to cart" button.

Back to topic :) Yeah everyone plays favorites, human nature I believe. Of my Fashion dolls, I favor one character over all the rest and always will. Doesn't mean I don't love the others, course I do but one gal always gets the most attention.

Same thing with our cats, I adore all of them but the baby, well she is my baby! Everyone wanted her when she was born and we had to beat people off with a stick LOL!

Now with my grandsons, I cannot play favorites! Love both equally and both get the same amount of toys and love from Grandma :)