1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing with dolls: what did you do with your doll today that made you happy? <3

Nov 12, 2017

1. As soon as my mom leaves the house I'll be doing a photoshoot, then we're gonna watch the new IT :whee:

2. I fixed his new desk! It wasn’t very stable so I put in screws and made more decorations and he looks so nice w it <3

3. Finally finished a hat and temp vest for my little Myca, now to make him some pants and temp sandals and start planning a photo shoot. :cheer

4. A new wig arrived in the mail, for one of my most neglected dolls. I've had her for three years or so, and haven't done much with her, but she looks adorable in her new hair! I can't wait to give her a new faceup and find some nice clothes for her.

5. I haven't done it yet, since I'm still watching videos to prepare, but later today I'm gonna try to restring and suede his joints. I also bought proper clothes for him a few days ago, and I can't wait for those to arrive.

6. A couple days ago I arrived back home from a month away in Japan and Korea with two new dolls ~ So the past couple of days has been dressing them and "introducing" them to the rest of my collection ^^
      I also bought sooooo many items of doll clothing while away so it's also been the ultimate dress up time for my dolls ~~~

7. Honestly I’m just having a really bad depression day and my birthdays on Sunday and I just realized I’m not where I wanted to be in life. ... anyway just hugging my sweet girl helped. SD sized is lovely for hugging.

[​IMG]

Bad pic but her ear magnets are nott in yet. I <3 her

8. @Lirrianna Your doll looks lovely, I love her ears! :hug:

9. I just got my granado Uriel, so almost everyday, I pose him differently. It always makes me happy. :)

10. I finally cleaned my IH Lee's eyes and then did a super tiny photoshoot while I had some precious natural lighting. Thinking about tightening up his strings a bit too. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow though.

11. I just had my girl sitting on the bed while I crocheted. I really just love spending time with my lovely babies.

12. But, do you all actually PLAY with your dolls? Not posing for pictures or making something. Just....play? This is the only thing I hide from my family. Because I am a grandma. Don't want to be thought senile. And see, I had no dolls as a kid, and it just makes me happy to have them.

13. I haven't "played" with dolls the way I did as a kid in a long time, but that is because I have many other roleplaying outlets now. DnD, stories, chats. Photostories are probably the closest I get to the old style play nowadays. I used to have a really good time with my Barbies and my sisters, but I doubt they'd be interested now. ;)

14. For me playing with them can be a lot of things. It can be dressing them, taking pictures of them, making something for them, and writing stories for them.

One of my dolls Lara has become the family mascot on game night. When we play board games and a fourth person is required she sits in as the fourth person, we either all take turns 'helping Lara' or we do her stuff blindly and laugh at the results. She is very small so she can sit with her chair and table on out table and join in on the fun.

The past few days I have had my doll Shay keeping me company while I write his summer special story that will be photographed later. It's nice having him next to me because I can look over at him and imagine his input on things as a write his portion of the story. It has been helping me to round out the character more by keeping him with me and playing with him.

I like elaborate stories. I used to make them for my play line dolls when I was a child. I had had this entire story and I would just wake up the next day where I left off, kind of like a soap opera. I used to think I was crazy because when I brought my dolls over to my friends houses all they wanted to do with their dolls was play dress up.

Now that I have an elaborate story for my BJD's that is my way of playing with them. I think creativity is a good thing and I like making a long drama series for them that can continue for who knows how long. I enjoy writing the story on paper, photographing the story and adding the words to the photos, it is something I do for myself and it's fun.

15. Oh this is such a heartwarming topic. I will do my part in resurrecting it as well.;)
      Well how about yesterday... I've definitely been spending very little time with my dolls, but yesterday I did some doll related housekeeping. I condensed the shelf a bit which meant taking a few down and returning them to boxes together. I handled three girls I often feel are superfluous and felt such a gentle happiness holding them and admiring them. Changed Choa into a different wig and was very smitten. I felt positively reminding myself that not everything has to be the most important thing and telling myself they will be part of my life in a different time and we'll be happy to spend more time together.
      I also took old Dimitri down to try to get some decent portraits. He's past yellow into grievously yellow now (a soft orange really) and so I enjoyed black and white edits of the photos more. But there is something about him and several of the oldest dolls where I still lose myself in spending a little time with them. It was very wonderful to reconnect. :hug:

16. I love this topic too!

I live by myself and have space in my home, so my dolls are always on display. And I like posing them in realistic poses, as if they're "going about their lives" in my house. Depending on what photoshoots I'm doing, they can end up all over my place.

A few weeks back I had Vallant and the anpiel standing against the wall in my corridor (between photoshoot takes), Gael in a doll stand in his outfit (another photoshoot), and Syr and Justinian sitting on a shelf reading a book (not doing anything with them so they chill). I don't do too much with my tiny tiny, Swallowtail, so she's sitting on a little seat next to my PC to be my perpetual computer buddy.

Today... Oshidori is keeping me company at my desk - the newest doll and I'm still enamoured with her and want to have her around while I WFH. :love Syr and Justinian are posed standing on a shelf - I finished taking some pics of them, so I've left them there and they get to hold each other a bit longer. :chibi The others are chilling on another shelf. It's autumn in my country and I feel like changing them all out of kimono into modern clothes... so I'll probably do that later today and see if I can put winter outfits together for them all.

17. My Soom Ace girl came in yesterday and I had so much fun creating her look :XD: Today I played with her a bit more and experimented with her posing and took some pics~ So excited to edit them tonight.

18. Stands, stands, stands! I stood up most of my 55-70cm dolls yesterday in their 2 story groups with sturdy stands and it’s like night and day. I am returning to the hobby after a(nother) hiatus and just decided to re-start by unpacking and assessing my bjd crew in this size range by standing them all together now that I have room to do it. Despite my initial hesitation about the expense, I pulled the trigger on a stand order instead of shopping for a new doll. The instant shift in my perspective about my collection and their inter-related characters as I stood each doll up, posed them and added them to their group was remarkable. I spent the whole afternoon with them and the time flew by - no wigs or eyes got sorted, no clothes washed! Playing with them in stands together is so much more fun and expressive - I feel like it will help me bring to life (and photograph) the inner dialogues I have always had with and about them in a much more expressive way! They have escaped the shelf-sit that was blocking my own creative vision. This may have been the best overall doll hobby investment I’ve ever made, it changes the way I can interact with my entire bjd collection!

19. Absolutely this!:XD: Yesterday I worked hard on devising a Lolita-esque blouse pattern for my SD PeaksWoods Briana, Second-hand Rose, and made some progress sewing three blouses for her. And occasionally I would take a break by playing Pokemon with the character I’m developing for a new doll I have incoming. Then when things finally slowed down, I began some quiet TV time watching Midsomer Murders with my hubby and my Realfee Toki, Brambles. The show inspired her character and I wouldn’t dream of traipsing around the English countryside without her!

I’m married, but this is exactly what I do as well, and my hubby loves it too. It’s like living in a fantasy world, walking through an enchanted village or forest, and stopping now and then to visit with friends along the way. In this way, I can freely interact with my dolls daily as I go about the ordinary business of my life.:)

20. I'm not one very active doll owner in the sense that I don't take many pictures of them or anything, but one thing I really like to do is grab my MSD girl and pose her sitting over by my side like she was looking at me or my laptop screen while I write stories about her or window-shop for her. If I doubt about one of her lines or I'm not sure if she'll look good in a piece of clothing, I only have to look at her and I'll know right away.