1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Popodolls and Popo doll hybrids

Aug 4, 2014

1. Such a gentleman you got there ! :D And yes I'm looking for 68 one ! I'm considering Dollfamily-h 1/3 and doll legend one which wrists' length is 1,7 cm! :lol:

2. Can you tell me the ankle size of Popodoll 63 cm boy body ver. 2 ?
      I couldn't find it on the internet. :(
      Thank you!

3. just by any chance do you know which skin color??? :eusa_pray
      I think I would go for ns-yellow
      because the next hybrid I`m planning is my old Delf breakaway with the 63cm (and Doll legend jointed hands) .

Kei (Switch Milhwa, 2014) with Popo68 (2018)
      and I was really happy that it was a perfect match for the old head :3nodding:
      [​IMG]

#183 Juja, Jul 7, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    4. Hello! I wanted to ask something and seems like it's the perfect thread to do it... I'm buying Volks white skin head from 2011 soon. My friend is also selling popodoll 68 body, new, also white skin. I'm sure they won't be perfect match, because the head is older but does anyone have Volks-popo hybrid here? Can tell if the resin is the same tone? I'm hoping it'll even out with time

5. Hello, another hopeful question for this thread: I know Kanadoll NS matches Popodoll NS pretty well, but does anyone know about the White Skin match?? Thank you!

6. Those are good questions. I'm posting to bump the white resin questions. I will also look at photo hosting sites and leave a link if I can find one. Unfortunately, Popo doll isn't popular among English speakers like they are in Russia and in Asia.

7. @drifts , @mollym I don't own a lot of white skin doll, but popodoll white skin matches well with spiritdoll white skin. I can also compare with Dollzone white, if you want!

8. I have two of my crew on the 68cm body (one of them is in my avatar), both in white resin. Dika's white is a more pinkish creamy white in comparison, but Dollshe fresh is practically a dead on match for Popo's white.
      [​IMG]
      If I can get better photos of the two boys on the 68cm body, I'll try to get them posted.

9. @Follow-the-Wind That would be great, thank you!! I know Kanadoll WS is slightly pinker than DZ, so a comparison w/Popo would definitely give me an idea of how it would match. (And help others, I'm sure!)

@jade-eyed-cat Eee thanks for sharing! Very helpful.

10. @jade-eyed-cat Oh, wow. Dollshe Fresh is very familiar to me. I hope those searching are able to use these comparisons.

11. Hi popodoll owners,

I’ve heard some conflicting stories about the rate at which Popo Doll resin yellows. If I’m going to purchase a Popo Doll body, it’s kind of worrying to me. Have you found that Popo Doll resin yellows really quick? I’d love to hear from as many people as possible.

12. @PastelCats I've had my Bomu since 2013 in white resin. Honestly, I feel that my doll at least yellowed slowly over time compared to my white resin Angel of Dream dolls, the rate was much much slower. Even now I don't think he's yellowed that terribly but I don't have any newer white resin from Popodoll to compare him to. He has definitely yellowed and is more creamy coloured now, not really lemon toned and it's quite nice. To the naked eye, it's barely visible but I only notice in photos of him. Having said that, I do have a few white resin dolls from different companies, now and past dolls and white resin I have found personally to yellow faster than other resin tones. It may be different with the normal resin tones, hopefully someone else who has the other tones can chip into the discussion for you.

13. @drifts Oooops sorry, I totally forget to take the comparison picture until today!
      Here is it:
      [​IMG]

Popodoll might be slightly pinker/darker but in photo there is nearly no difference. But my Popodoll body already is 4 years old, its color might have changed.

14. Hahaha :XD: Seeing this, I'm thinking Popo WS might work for Kanadoll WS??? Very exciting. Thank you for remembering!!

15. I'd like to see more owner photos and reviews on the 66cm body
      Does anyone here own the body? :D

16. @PastelCats I have 3 Popodolls. None have been made recently. I don't think they have yellowed any faster than any other type of resin. It's probably a slower yellow than Doll Leaves and Bobobie, but those dolls I have are older and second hand. I've just kept mine in my bedroom. I work nights, so it's very dim in there, no overhead lighting and just a lamp. When I've done group photos with friends' dolls, they look no worse for wear.There's so many different factors to consider when it comes to yellowing. I hope to do a resin comparison before the New Year to share.

@whippy Do you mean the boy or girl body? I have some photos of my dolls in the Flickr link but if you have requests for any that I own, let me know. I'll make a serious effort to anyone that wants to see photos of my dolls. Popodoll is my favorite company (of all dolls, not just BJD types) by a long shot! I'd own more if I didn't have such an itch for a huge variety in my collection.

Edit: Sometimes I looked in the SOLD dolls archive here to find photos or even owners to request photos. Anytime I've randomly asked a fellow member they've always been happy to share.

17. @mollym Oh sorry.. I'm referring to the Popo66 boy body!

18. Okay, I used to have the boy body that was about 60cm with a head and 2 of the same doll with the 68cm body ( with head). Of the 3 different types of popo bodies I've had, they are marvelous for posing. It seems they are hugely popular for hybrids, especially among the Russian collectors.

19. Hi there! Haven't been here for so long...><' How's everyone doing? Hope you all stay healthy, safe and positive^^ My Izumi still hasn't had his face-up done, because I'm too much in love with his bare sculpt, so... he's just enjoying himself as it is ♥‿♥

[​IMG]

20. @Ha-Neul I did the same thing with my Chen when he came home. The sculpting is so, so nice that it's really enjoyable bare. IMHO a great sculpt always is and that goes for all the Popo Dolls. I love his style and his glasses are so cute!