1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Popovy Sisters Glass Eye Magpie, Cuckoo, Little Owl, and Peewit Discussion - Part 2

Aug 29, 2020

1. Hello! I use a Japanese bank (I live here), and it's possible to do it online. The process is fairly painless, but costs $35... USD (ish. ) because the fee is per transfer, I recommend saving up the lump sum first, and then doing one payment.

that said--! If you can do it online in Japan I'm sure you can do it online in most countries if you have online banking as an option, and have a login established. If you haven't got that yet you'll need to get it set up first-- usually in a bank in Person to confirm your identity.

Ohhh yes. Gray Landy or Coral Tawny is beautiful! Either is a lovely choice.

2. Last I heard, Popovy no longer accepts orders for face up / body blushing.

Does anyone have recommendations on artists who do face up / body blushing similar to Popovy style? I’ve come across a few artists on Instagram but I don’t know who is reputable.

3. On Instagram, I'm considering cocokiddy for another doll, but like_love_dolls is nice too! Also precious_lil_Lily but she may be full. I think there may be a faceup section in the marketplace tho?

4. Thank you for the suggestions; I'll check them out!

5. Almost a year later and the only thing I can say with certainty is that I am an indecisive beast when it comes to these dolls XD I was waiting for Popovy to open their faceup orders again, but it looks like they're still going to be swamped with old commissions for awhile and reopening those is the last thing on their minds right now (can't blame them one bit). I'm really impressed with how well Cocokiddy matches their style, so I'm again considering placing an order in the near future.

I'm set on Quetzal to shell my character, but definitely still conflicted on whether I'm going to sell my soul in attempt of budgeting in a Tawny alongside her. Still no idea which resin color, I'm head over heels for every iteration of Tawny's sculpt. I've never seen such a versatile face before.
      Have you since received your Quetzal?

6. Madeleine Rose Couture (USA based) also does beautiful face-ups :)

7. Yes, I have received my Quetzal!

[​IMG]Quetzal in Purple Kimono (Wearing Plum Hair Ornaments) and I need to take more photos, but third term school stuff is always crazy. Resin color is moka btw!

I hope you can get your Quetzal! My country seems to be limiting bank transfers to Russia right now, so I hope your situation is better. I may have to wait for a while before I can get my Tawny Owl. I'm not sure what resin color for her either. . . pale ish? All their resin colors are kind of pale tho.

8. Oh, she's darling, thank you so much for sharing! I love her kimono!
      So far, I think Swift wire transfers are still okay for my country, but that's subject to change. I really hope I'll be able to order soon so I can support them right now, in any case. I really admire how dedicated Igor and the sisters are to continuing their craft in spite of everything.

If I could, I would totally get Tawny Owl in every color XD I'm leaning toward chocolate at the moment since my Quetzal is going to be albinistic. Someday I hope to also snag a coral Tawny though. Says a lot about a doll that I'd buy her twice.

9. How are the Popovy dolls ordered? I have not found a page to place an order. Is the order process through email? If so, what is the email. I’m totally clueless…

10. If you click the "Contact" link near the top right of their webpage there's an email that comes up. Popovy sisters are no longer doing face-ups or body-blushing, but blank dolls are still available starting around $1500.

11. Does anybody know the current value of Popovy dolls? I have been wondering whether they still sell blank dolls for $850 or has the price increased lately.

Are the blank dolls currently $1500?

12. Blank dolls now cost $1500 for all body types except Venus solid torso which costs more. Dolls in phantom skin tone cost different as well.

13. Thank you for the answer!

14. My lovely Quetzal ❤

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Faceup, wig and outfit by me

15. Seeing all these beautiful Quetzal sculpts is making me want one! I’m planning to place an order in the spring!

16. Sadly, they no longer offer the Quetzal mold

17. Aww I had a feeling that was the case, I’d be happy with any of their sculpts to be completely honest, it’s just an issue of narrowing it down. They are all extremely gorgeous!

18. Hi everyone!
      This is Regina, nice to meet you all!
      [​IMG]

19. She is so lovely!

20. I've been curious (read: heartbroken) about this since I had tried to order her last year. They didn't elaborate on why she was discontinued. I find it strange because they've never stopped production of any of their sculpts before, and even still carry their earliest bodies to this day. I'm curious if anyone might know why this is?

Very sad because they were still producing her a month before I had finally finished saving up, rotten luck. I hope to find her secondhand but it's looking unlikely.