1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Posing Abilities of Different Dolls - who's best?

Feb 16, 2006

1. My boy is on a CP body and you can see some of his fantastically crazy poses here. He can also touch his face without me holding him most of the time. I think it reaaaaally depends on the owner, not just the doll's body. Apparently not many people can get their CP boys to do much of anything without wiring or sueding, but Shou can do just about any pose I want to put him in..

2. I think the DOT girl body poses wonderfully compared to other dolls that I've played with from various companies. The SD16's joint system is interesting, though ... I really want to see one in person! There's also, of course, the SDC body, but that's much smaller than 1/3 scale :oops:

omichao mentioned that the owner has a lot to do with the posing ability. I think this is true to an extent. A creative owner or one that is good at visualizing the way a real human body moves is better at working with doll bodies that those that aren't, in my opinion, especially artists who spend a lot of time studying human anatomy or fashion designers that have to pay attention to how people move to get their clothes to work.

Stringing also is important in posing ability ... a losely strung doll will move better but won't hold that pose as well, whereas a tightly strung doll has a much more limited range of motion but will hold poses & stand better.

3. Here's how the SD16 can pose without sueading or such, and came default (never restrung before) with his default clothes and shoes on.

[​IMG]
      Yuki sitting cross-legged with an MSD on him

[​IMG]
      Yuki sitting on his legs

[​IMG]
      Yuki sitting cross-legged with a mini on him

4. I agree--and gettting to know your doll. Sometimes there's little tricks that make everything easier and it's just a matter of figuring out what works for that particular doll. Lorry has crazy legs, but I figured out how to get around it, but it's different than what my roommate does to pose her CP boy.

5. Just the thread I was looking for... I have had my eyes set on dollmore's Model doll for a while now, he seems to be a great poser and I have heard many great words about him now.

But I have a question about Dream of Doll, I have heard that they are not good posers, how is it about that? Are DoD horrible posers?

6. Does anyone know how dollzone females are at posing? Specifically the new cherry model?

7. i didnt really see a thread like that
      and i hope this is in the right section :sweat

OK, so at a meet yesterday, i was playing with Unoas and seeing how they pose and stuff. her owner told me: they dont pose near as well as MNF.
      MNF seems to have the best posing ability...
      also heard ppl talking about how their SD dont pose really well. this is also something that bothers me since i had a luts delf boy type 1 body -_______-

SO i want to know, wich SD body pose the best!! :)

by posing i dont mean: this one stands so well!! it just CANT fall. i mean more like: he can do this, also that and that. and just look how naturally he poses!!

8. I think you are going to get a lot of biased answers. :)

Personally, I'm quite fond of Abio Angels who stand like rocks and are sturdy as hell.

9. wow, their was already a thread about it :sweat oopsie

10. Bobobies pose really well. I think the combination of a flexible body and the knee locking system really improves posabillity.

This thread I posted last year shows some of my Apollo's stuff here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310606
      I still need to restring him (need some help doing that), he'll pose even better.

11. Y'know, I recently got a Souldoll Double and my first thought was that she reminded me of a giant Minifee in the posing department. She is a SUPER poser and is a dream to handle! Though, I rarely make her stand, 'cause she can do so many cute sitting poses. xD

Of all the dolls I've handled, Dream of Doll's DOI and DOT (new body girl) really stood out to me as excellent posers. Their posing is very good -- though, not as good as a MNF -- and they are also very stable. I'd also recommend Shinydoll Thaasa II bodies. I haven't handled one but they are well known for being amazing posers.

Of course, people will all have different opinions on this, depending on how many dolls they've handled/know about and what their posing priorities are. ;) As far as ability to stand, which seems important to you, that can be REALLY dependent on the stringing.

Also:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283203&highlight=pose+double+posing

12. For SD's, Blue Blood Doll male bodies are probably the very best on the market right now. They are newly developed with both double-joined arms and legs. The resin is smooth and heavy, and the bodies actually hold a pose after you place it, rather than flopping around. You can pull their arms up, and they will hold them up, no special sueding necessary.

http://www.blueblooddoll.com/standard_edition_dolls

They only have male bodies so far, but I'm hoping they have female bodies soon. For SD males, there really isn't anything that comes close to comparing at least for now.

13. Ooooh Thanks Septunie! I was just thinking of purchasing a Blue Blood doll!

14. Hey Septunie! How does the Blue Blood Doll compare to your shinydoll hybrid?

15. Ohhh, hey! Good question. They're very different. I really have to take some pictures of them together. The Thaasa body can sit in positions with her legs folded under her much better, but currently the BBD body seems to hold knee flexing positions better. (Granted, this may soon be resolved with my Thaasa body, as she's just 'kicky' right now). She can also do the most adorable expressions with her hip flexibility, but I'm actually grateful the BBD doesn't do that. XD I'll get some pictures of their posing ranges for people to compare. I can say at least, though, that the BBD is the best male body and the Thaasa II is the best female body that I've yet gotten to play with at least as far as posing is concerned.

I'm actually getting my first DD soon too, and I know that's an entirely different manner of doll altogether, but I'm excited to see how that one compares. I'll get pictures of my 'posers' together this weekend, and do some range checks. Since this thread isn't technically for pictures, I'll have to find another more suitable place in the pictures thread, but I'll be sure to link it here.

16. Hmmm, maybe a photo thread needs to be started if there isn't one? I'm surprised at how few threads there are about poseability! I just finished airbrushing my second faceup, a Luts Lishe, and she will not work on one of my shinydoll bodies, so I'm looking for a larger, poseable girl body. Poor white skin thing is going to be stuck on a normal skin elfdoll body until I can find the right body for her. It's an old style elfdoll body, which is not a bad poser at all, better than most, actually!
      My Thaasa's are knee flexers, you just have some wonky elastic going on there I think.
      I have looked at BBD's a million times, find them absolutely beautiful, but I only keep my big boy (Bishonen House) and my teeny guy (puki puki), and otherwise like the girls best. Hoping to see some bigger poseable girls make their way into this thread!
      If anyone has any info on Domuya, would love your input!

17. Looking for a larger, poseable girl body, you say? Perhaps try a Feeple white skin body? I would TOTALLY get a Feeple body, but they are just too big for my tastes. I've been waiting for more than a year, hoping they would release an SD size, but it just hasn't happened. (Instead, they released the Pukifee. Ahhhhh. XD) But it may suit your needs, and I've heard they're also wonderful posers. Should Fairyland ever produce an SD female body, I'll still getting one, if only for another future doll haha.

18. :bump ing this thread, and I too would LOVE to see how posable Feeples are as well. I'd LOVE one for two tall men I have in mind, and I think that if their girls are posable too, I'd LOVE to see that!

Has anyone started a photo thread that shows this yet?:?

Ryu