1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PpoPpo discussion

Sep 25, 2007

1. Does Nuri need a total knee replacement at such a young age - poor dear? Can you get new parts or do you plan to do micro-surgery on her?

2. Well her bottom half needs to be restrung and rewired...i probably can sand her knee...

3. Reine, hope the repairs go well. I'll probably wear my little girl's joints out also because she is too irresistable. I'm playing with her all the time.

4. :(I'm not very good at this. Am trying to post an image - maybe the resized image will work.

[​IMG]

Goodness gratious!!! It finally worked and I managed to resize it to a reasonable size. Anyway, this is CC watering our dandelions.

5. Your image didn't come up just so you know :)

6. Thanks Reine. Ya I'm just learning how to upload photos and appreciate knowing if it works or not. The image is from my photobucket account which was just set up - trial and error. Doncha love these digital cameras - so quick and versitile. I rarely took photos with the old 35mm because getting photos developed was such a pain. Now - poof - instant gratification. Who is your sweet piggie avitar?

7. That was Penelope, my Puki Cochon that i had to sell.

I love CC's wig...she's so cute in the garden...I'm happy to see another PpoPpo around here!

8. Penelope is the cutest little piggie I have ever seen. I hope her new parents adore her. The wig on CC is a tibetan lambskin "fwig" made by Michele Hardy sold by Denver Doll Emporium. I bought a few different colors and am very happy with them.
      http://www.denverdoll.com/fwigsnew.php
      More photos to come in the near future.

9. She looks adorable in her lady bug attire! Where do you get your tiny sweaters? I really liked the doggy one you had on her in your blog.

10. Hello gardenofdolls. First, I must thank you so very, very much for your inspired creation of PpoPpo. She is undeniably the dearest little doll I've ever had. Every night we sit and play together trying on different clothes because it wasn't until she arrived that I realized she can fit clothes meant for Riley Kish. The Kish outfits fit beautifully in the chest though they tend to be short in the leg - but pants and skirts still fit. My favorite sellers are on ebay and they tend to be pretty popular though I must say that when I first bought from them 4 years ago they were relatively unknown so bidding was less competitive. Here is a brief list of the sellers.

(1) the knit sweaters you are referring to are from: sjd5 (ebay)
      Sue's knitting is impeccable and her designs are unique. Note the lady bug sweater and the animal sweater - are her own designs. She is attentive to detail and the tops frequently have tiny buttons down the back for ease in dressing. She lists infrequently but she is worth the wait.
      Here is a link to what she currently is selling: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/sjd5_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

(2) sewn and crocheted garments are from: almy444 (ebay)
      Diane always has things listed and sells like crazy. She is an artist when it comes to putting colors together. Her pieces are perfection and the crocheted tops are beautifully done. It is easier to get some of her pieces because she is so prolific.
      Here is a link to one of many items she currently has for sale:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Daisy-Blue-for-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

(3) knit sweaters and hand/machine embroidered ensembles from: joujou_design (ebay)
      Tatiana is incredible. Her pieces are innovative and buyers are really taking to her. Workmanship is very good but where she excells is in her vision and design. Be sure to look at magnified images of her pieces to see her small embroidered accents - truely amazing! Also her ensembles have many pieces included. Cecilia PpoPpo in this memo is dressed in Tatiana's ensemble which has small frogs and dragonflies embroidered on the top and pants.
      Here is a link to one of the items she has for sale:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Sea-breeze-for-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

All 3 seamstresses have listings at this time - so ENJOY!!

[​IMG]

11. Wow, thank you so much for your comments tropicsofcapricorn! It's so great to hear that you love your PpoPpo, and it looks like she's very spoilt in your little mini world. I don't think anyone's mentioned that she fits Kish Riley clothes, and I'm glad there're some sweet outfits / alternatives for her other than Blythe clothes, as sometimes not all Blythe clothing will fit, such as the ones that have tight woven sleeve openings where her hands will not fit through. Thank you so much for those links too. I'll keep my eyes out for the tiny sweaters with possibly kitties or pups. :D

12. By the way..one more question...where did you get that tiny book with a little caterpillar in it? ...lol, I first thought it was a worm,and saw your title. so so cute! I will have to get that for my dollhouse....tucked away at the moment, but as soon as my babies go to preschool, I'll be sure to get into my dollhouse hobby again.
      [​IMG][/QUOTE]

13. I've considered trying it...Elfdoll Hana clothes will fit these guys and I just got an Orientdoll Wol which is about the same size!

Riley clothing I heard can be a bit big but I would love to get Nuri a Boneka dress...Tiny Betsy McCall and Kickits clothes should fit too...maybe some Ty Girlz etc :D

My PpoPpo makes me smile :D

14. I adore children's books particularly certain stories and most especially pop-up books. Gardenofdolls, the book CC is holding is actually a Hallmark ornament from 2008. It stays permanently open. Here's another photo so you can see the cover. If you cannot find it at a Hallmark store, it can be purchased at the following website:
      http://www.ornament-shop.com/product/2008-The-Very-Hungry-Caterpiller/-i1081330.html
      [​IMG]
      Ornaments often are a good scale for doll props and they're so much fun to search for. Hallmark is bringing out another of these books for 2009 - "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. One of my all-time favorites.

Reine, thanks for sharing your clothing advice - will check into some of these for sure. I love that your PpoPpo makes you smile - how true that is for me too.

15. I actually have been to the Eric Carle museum...I'm taking Children's Lit right now...I'm a library science major :D

Nuri's wearing Ivy's clothes...and she's cute!

16. Reine, where is the Eric Carle museum? Do you like any of his books in particular? Who are your favorite children's lit authors? I bought some real miniature books from amazon for CC. They are the size you often find at Barnes & Noble or Borders near the front checkout. Size approximately 2.5" x 3.25". They are remarkable in text and pictures. I have Thumbelina, The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas. CC enjoys them immensely because she's a bit of a bookworm. With so much on digital format today, library science must be a rapidly changing field.

17. Thumbelina!!!!!

The museum is in Amherst Massachussetts! I have a blue stuffed elephant from there that is from the cover of "Will You Be My Friend"...my Pukis and LTF had a ball with it!

I don't really have favorite authors...I like lots of stuff :)

18. Thanks again! I'm heading off to the mall again today and will visit Hallmark for some mini goodies...I hope they'll have them. I was actually there yesterday...but did't see any minis. But then again, I wasn't looking for them. My babies drive me nuts at home, so I take them to the mall practically every other day. Oh, I love them so, but I do miss having some dolly time to my own...especially the minis.
      PS. Love this picture!
      [​IMG]

19. Oh I do hope you found some wonderful little props. You must be a very patient mother to successfully take your babies shopping. When my daughter was small, she was not a very happy shopper at all - and everyone within earshot knew it.

20. I did go today, but they didn't have any ornaments or minis. The clerk said they'll only carry ornaments during Christmas season. I actually go to the malls not to shop, but to keep my babies from driving me nuts at home. The only place my 6 month old can go for hours without crying is on her stroller at the mall...lol..and my 3yr old love to run around in the mall..which is a lot cooler than the park. I do end up buying her little stuff, and it's like her b-day everyday.