1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*~~Pre Purchase Jitters~~*

Dec 21, 2016

1. I always get a little nervous right before I purchase a doll. Before I commit I have to stop and weigh my options. What bills do I have to pay? Do I need groceries or provisions of any sort? When is my next paycheck? If I set aside this much for a doll, will I still have enough to pay for any emergencies? What kind of emergencies might happen? What if, what if, what if. I hate the what-if's, but they're important in a case like this. If I can answer all my questions in a satisfying manner, then I get over the jitters and order. If I can't, then I leave the money alone and look over it again the following month.

2. This is exactly me right now. I was waiting for the summer sale for Dikadoll to start so I can order my first doll, and even though it started today, I have put it off until tomorrow because of the anxiety of the purchase. Does it get easier for later dolls?

3. My first doll was way more expensive than I had originally planned. I was supposed to get something cheaper for my first, but I fell for the one I finally ordered. And let me tell you, it was a struggle to press the button. 8'D Oh the anxiety. "Do I want to spend this much on a doll? It's just a doll. But I love her! But it's a lot of money. But she's the only doll I really really really love! But she's so expensive."
      It was so stressful even after pressing the button, but eventually it turned in to excitement. :) It's been a long two months, but Dollmore is going to send her next week, yay!

4. I know what you're feeling as I'm in that boat about purchasing my first BJD. I'm still very torn between spending that money for one and just waiting a bit longer to buy it. I have the doll I want to purchase in mind (Minifee Celine) but the thought of spending so much money for it scares me.
      I keep looking at the doll and thinking of adding it to the cart to purchase but I'm afraid to push the button to purchase. I'm not sure I'm making the right decision to buy the doll at this time or wait until later to buy it. Not sure if there's a big difference between purchasing the doll now or later if I have it decided to get it. I guess maybe it's more a matter of spending that money now or waiting down the road to buy it.
      But the longer I wait to purchase it, the more new things that seem to pop up since Fairyland has unveiled new body types which maybe change the body type I was going to purchase originally.

It's such a tough decision to make and I have no idea how to deal with those uncertainties. I hope you figured it out though :)

5. I think it's only natural to feel nervous when spending this amount of money on anything, especially if you have any reservations (no matter how small!) I was (kinda still am) in the same boat. I just purchased my first doll, a mini machina blip in pink second hand, and I nearly freaked out as I wired over the payment. I'm still really nervous about it (probably will be until the doll arrives) and it doesn't help that I kinda like the delta face better and in teal. But in the end I know I'm going to love her when she arrives and having her in my hands, I'll know that I made a great choice.

It's very tempting to wait for the very most perfect and ideal opportunity for a doll you really want, but when that seems unlikely and you have a very similar alternative, I think it's just as good. And as others have mentioned, if you really do end up changing your mind later on, you can keep an eye out for the dream doll and sell this one.

6. I always get nervous before buying a doll. I agree with what others have said, it's only natural when spending that amount of money. I always end up thinking about it too much wondering if I'll even like it when the doll finally arrives.

7. I get nervous before buying a doll, but it's more of an excited nervous energy, you know? I get all wound up.

It's immediately AFTER buying the doll that I have a "oh my god what have I done" moment. X'D

8. Well, not much because it meanly costed a lot which is true but it also have many other cheap ones also. Dolls are super easy on attract people's eyesight by owners who bought and took picture of it. We of curse will cost lots of money on dolls but I will be sure that I won't quit it!!

9. I think it’s normal to feel that way! Dolls are expensive. It just shows that you’re smart and care about how you spend your money! That being said, I wouldn’t force myself to buy a doll if I’m really not sure

10. I always get nervous before buying a doll, and i almost always talk myself out of it, but the ones where I take the plunge to get, I get a whole new wave of anxiety over spending that amount on a doll... but as soon as they get home, all of that melts away and I feel nothing but happiness! :D

11. I have been searching literally everywhere since January for a soom Idealian Narmer human head and when Soom finally released him again on their website I was still like. oh no.. but hes so expensive.. hnngh should I still buy it even when I knew beforehand he was gonna cost a leg. TT i bit the bullet and bought him and hopefully no regrets.

12. I do tend to get just a little nervous before I spend all that money. If I’m sending it though PayPal I always worry I will send it to the wrong place by mistake. I also worry about not liking the doll when it arrives, or I worry that I’ll need to spend the money on something else and regret it. However in the end I’m usually pretty happy with my purchases. :)

13. Fortunately money is no longer a concern for me, I can't buy every doll that's released but I can buy my favorites now without being concerned that I might not be able to eat next month. For me, the nervousness comes from knowing that my job allows me no time to go to the post office, because I work during post office hours. If I order a doll and end up not falling in love with it when I open the box, reselling it to someone who will love it as much as me will be a major hastle. So far this hasn't happened to me but I always take care to look at it closely (is my liking it an initial "prettyyyyyy" reaction that fades away after a few days because it's similar to other generally pretty sculpts? Am I going to hate designing clothes for its body? Is it just me thinking that faceup is gorgeous with no love for details of the sculpt in general? Is there anything I know I hate from looking at other dolls that I am currently ignoring in favor of the other pretty things, that will drive me insane if I actually buy this doll?) and identify whether I really like the doll before I buy it.

14. YES!!! A hundred times yes. I check all the details again and again and again. I usually have the tab open for HOURS before I finally get up the nerve to press the button (and that's probably after opening/closing the tab for a month leading up to it XD). It's definitely nerve-wracking to make such a big commitment!

15. Having not bonded with my first doll, it absolutely terrifies me that I won’t click with my next doll. I’m currently working part time as I’m still in school, and I constantly have to make sure that the doll I’m working for is something that I want and that it’ll be worth it. Also there’s the fact that dolls are expensive and it requires me to work over a long period of time to be able to afford it, so I’m really careful now.

16. Feeling that ever since I was young! I keep thinking what if I don't like or use the doll that much? Or what if I could've used that money for other things I wanted or needed? It's super scary, but I keep telling myself to go for it!