1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preferring one gender of doll over another

Dec 9, 2012

1. So far I have one female doll, but I really want a male one. I've been hesitant because I can't find clothes! All the male clothes I see aren't the style of the character I imagined, or are weirdly feminine, in a way.

2. I like female dolls more but I plan on trying to keep an even number of each gender.

3. I tend more towards boys, though I really like dolls with no clear gender or sort of androgynous. I just always had girl dolls as a kid, so it's sort of strange and neat to actually have boy dolls that don't adhere to the typical masculine "Ken" standards.

4. Personally, I do prefer female dolls mainly because of how I dress my dolls. I do like dresses with details and intricate designs and I think there are more choices with female dolls. This does not mean I don’t like male dolls (I do have them) but I just tend to play with female dolls more often since they are also somewhat lighter.

5. Female dolls speak to me more from a design and art standpoint <3 thats just a personal preference tho! I love designing the long wigs and doing faceups on female sculpts, along with loving very detailed and fantasy dresses, just tends to fit the female dolls better! I only buy a doll when I have a solid character for them in my head and thats just been females so far, maybe one day i'll see the right male sculpt and one will join my family! :)

6. I finally bought a girl...! And then I bought my third boy soon after. :sweat I have a weakness. At least she’ll be surrounded by handsome men...? I mean, it’s not such a bad thing, is it...?

7. i have both girls and boys. but i prefer boys more since I paid more attention to them lol

8. I Iove both genders but I tend to have my preference towards boys... maybe because I'm so bad at taking care of wigs with longer length lol

9. I prefer girl dolls. Always have. Even when I was a really little kid, I didn't have any interest in boy dolls and if I got an androgynous looking doll or plushie I'd always make it a girl. I currently have two girl dolls (although one of the characters is a genderless alien, she's feminine presenting and uses she/her pronouns similar to the Gems on Steven Universe) and have no current plans to get a boy. But never say never.

10. I haven't seen a male doll I really like. They all seem to skinny and feminine to me. There's an Iplehouse boy I like, muscular body option, but even his eyes are too "pretty." Maybe I like action-figure-looking male dolls! I want them to look like they've got a bit of testosterone. :love

11. I prefer male dolls because I love pretty boys. I also dress and talk like a man, but I will never be a real man in real life. So, I get some male dolls to be pretty boys for me.:whee:

12. I like to say I prefer boys, but I have an even number currently. And I want another girl. I guess I just really prefer male sculpts? Both of my current girls were intended to be androgynous and leaned male, and I want another girl with a male sculpt.

Also @Bundles have you seen Granado or Agatti? I think you'd like them.

13. I personally, at this moment, prefer female dolls. I have this desire to take really defined sculpts and make them into warrior or fierce characters. I think this industry focuses alot on the elegance and fragility of the female body, but doesn't do enough to make them seem strong and independent. That's my doll esthetic. Thats how i view myself and I think a Twigling doll or a merry doll round can quickly be turned from fashionista to all out soldier ;)

14. I usually look for girl Dolls, but I've trying to expand that and look at the possibilities. So far I only liked one boy doll, from Doll Chateu, but he is too big, and I don't see myself buying It.

15. I enjoy both gender of dolls equally tbh I’m gonna have a pretty balanced crew when I’m done with them

16. For me, I've always made more boy ocs and favored boy characters, but with BJD I've wanted to do way more girls than before. Maybe because the hair and clothes will be so much fun? Plus makeup is always a bonus! And I find a lot of the boy bjds don't fit the body shape I want which is always weird. The mostly come in swimmers build to super thin. Top heavy, plus size, and more football like builds are impossible to find!

17. I'm surprised at how popular boys are, they seem very unrepresented in available sculpts compared to girls. I definitely prefer girls - because they're, well, more attractive. At least, to me ;-)

18. I don't prefer one gender over other. I have more boy dolls than girls, but I also have characters that have no gender, but are represented as boys, because that body was the best option.

19. I like both.

20. For me personally I prefer boy sculpts! I've never found a female sculpt that I really liked enough to buy.
      I have only ever owned one girl and ended up giving her away to my step-mom because I never bonded with her. Unlike my boy dolls where I seem to bond with them almost right away.