1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preferring one gender of doll over another

Dec 9, 2012

1. When I first started this hobby, I was mostly about the girls. Then I got a unoa boy and sold him about a year later because I just didn't bond with him and he didn't fit the character. I didn't really think of getting another boy for a long time, even though I had planned boy characters. This past year, however I've been almost all about the boys. Lol I still love my girls, but I've gotten more boy dolls than girl dolls this year alone. So I went from one tdf boy, to seven boys! I can honestly say I'm equally about both genders now :)

2. First time I saw a doll it was a beautiful girl sadly I didn't remember the maker :(
      But as I started the hobby I brought myself a male Ringdoll and since then 6 other boys found a new home in my house XD I am not sure if I will get a girl ever

3. I definitely prefer the boys. I appreciate female dolls beauty and like a lot of them, but I usually feel no desire to buy one for myself, although 1 girl found her way into my home anyway:lol:

4. I prefer girls definitely. And androgynous animal characters. For some reason I haven't even considered buying a boy doll, but now that I think about it, I don't see why not. But the character would be very feminine.

5. I only have girl dolls. I had a boy doll once and just never liked him very much. I think girls are just pretty and so much fun to dress up!

6. I prefer the Female genre for sure! The clothes are more kawaii :]

7. I definitely prefer girls over guys, even though I like guy OCs and characters more than girls. It's chalked up to my dislike for most guy sculpts and body types in the BJD industry.

8. My "adult" dolls tend to be more male, and the "children" tend to be female. There are a couple of exceptions, but thats generally how it seems to have gone! All my dolls yosd and below are female except one, and all my dolls msd and above are male, again except for one! (I'm not including heads in this lol, only complete dolls)

9. I really adore girl bodies and I like the variation they have lately gotten in body shape and size - men are sadly still mostly either super muscular or skinny. I find it hard to find actually realistic male bodies that look like mature men but not in a way that they compete in lifting - just ordinary men that exercise lightly and allow themselves a McFeast and a sixpack of beer every now and then. lol.

Unfortunately, I don't really like most female heads and much prefer the male ones on the market. I prefer what many would call masculine features, and I've had to do a lot of hybrid testing with artist heads. But I really enjoy lady bodies, I could spend hours just sewing them lingerie and posing them. And I love hoarding different resin breast shapes and sizes, although I must say the largest breast options have so far been excluded from my collection. Maybe some day, if I find a pair that don't look like plastic surgery overload - or maybe a chubby lady on whom such curves look more natural.

10. When it comes to human dolls I prefer males, but with animal dolls I think I prefer girls. I think this is because I like more male molds and I feel easier to characterize them. However, I don't like sewing mature male style clothes at all. I think this is why with animal dolls I prefer girls. I like "cuter" style, dresses and frills.

11. I love looking at male dolls.
      However, I have more fleshed out and interesting female characters who I’d prefer to shell over underdeveloped male characters xD
      I just fan girl over other peoples male dolls xD

12. I prefer all girls, don't have any real interest in boys. I did buy some boys to complete a couple in other doll types, but ended up selling them ultimately. I think it's mostly because I have a strong preference for dresses and long hair. I even prefer the girls in animal types. I think if more dolls were offered as a set people might be more inclined to buy both genders, even if they are usually only interested in one.

13. I only have boys, even for 1/6 size, I want to make sure that it’s not genderless.

14. All the dolls I currently want are female...but ideally i would like an equal balance. The thing is, I only like yosd sized dolls that aren't children and you just dont find a lot of male dolls in that catagory. Or at least I haven't. Maybe I will just have to buy girl doll and mod them haha :XD:

15. Omg, I am so bias toward boys. No matter how much I've promised to get a girl next, I'll always be in the section checking out what the company's line of boys are.

16. Haha I used to be so biased towards female dolls but after collecting a few male dolls I have to say I almost appreciate both male and female dolls. It really depends on my mood during the week lol but lately I think as of right now in this moment I feel like I am shifting towards male dolls? :huh?: Maybe that’ll change when my new girl comes in lol!​

17. I only collect tinies and yosds, so I feel like their gender could go either way most of the time. I only have a boy yosd currently, but even so, I don't think I'm ever really limited by clothing options. If find a cute dress, I'll just put it on my boy lol.

18. While I'm aware there's a certain stigma against it due to ye olde days of yaoi, I'm massively biased toward guys and honestly have no real plans on owning a female doll. I have a genderfluid boy who fulfills the occasional "femme" style with hotpants and thigh highs, mostly because he has very nice legs and it would be a shame to hide them under pants, but overall I prefer male fashion and sculpts and my guys all reflect that in their own ways. Punk, visual kei, decora, high fantasy, and Dad Chic™ are my current crew.

19. Like in any other art forms I make, I have a fixation for girls, so I highly prefer girls over boys in dolls too. Tho there are some boys in my crew and my wishlist! (At some point I NEED a Ciel Phantomhive BJD)

20. I'm the same just one girl and a few boys, I'm much more interested in boys for some reason. :)