1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preparing for the sheer.. size of SD-sized dolls..

Aug 15, 2005

1. I wasn't actually all that suprised by my dolls size, but I think since I do a lot of arts and crafts I have more practice getting a sense for size and proportion from just a ruler and a photograph

although I did expect his had to be bigger :lol: but thats because I thought I read that the sulpt had an unusualy large noggin and I was thinking in comparison to random disembodied obitsu head (which is a lot bigger)

I'm glad he doesn't have a huge melon head :)

2. OMG!! ROFLMAO!! That's great!!! *can't stop laughing*
      Harvey is really cool :D

ok, so... I tried preparing myself before Jenova got here by using a measuring tape and comparing with my minis. And when I took her out of the box... WHOOOAAA!! It was quite a nice surprise seeing her!! :D

3. I'm quite lucky, 60cm is 2ft tall and my little sister is just bigger than 2ft so i have a basic idea of how big they would be. And most of her toys are 46cm so it's pretty easy to get a good scale.

Though she's about as wide as 3 BJDs. But shes cute D:

molly381 i LOVE your APJD! His so sorta... hippy! You should make him a head~

4. I was mostly suprised by the size of the thighs and forearms, cos I only had minis for years.

the actual height didn't suprise me

5. I still think I will be blown away. I have taken a tape measure and she will come halfway up my thigh standing next to me...but, I have never seen a BJD in person, so I may be completely surprised by my 70 cm Bella.

6. I had been to exactly ONE BJD meet before I ordered Michael, so I had a basic idea of how big SD's can be.

What I wasn't prepared for though was how big the box he shipped in was. It was freakin' huge! I also wasn't prepared for how slender yet long-legged Michael is. Trying to find pants that fit him properly is like trying to find pants for myself - difficult.

7. I was pleasantly shocked by Laurent's size; to me it's a more gratifying feel and weight to carry and dress. He is also a pretty dramatic presence on my desk and where I sit him, which is lovely. The only downside is now my minis feel so fragile! I never thought of them as children until I jumped into 60cm. I love Laurent's sturdiness, and I must say I'll be with the 60cm size for a long while now (and maybe 70cm after that). That Laurent has his boy Souldoll body makes him even more hefty. So great ^_^

There's no preparing for seeing them in person, though, I have to say. I had seen pictures of owners with their dolls, but I was still floored. In fact, someone commented on a video of me dressing Laurent the other day, on how the scale is so striking. Of course, I'm a shorty (5' 1"), so that made Laurent look even taller >.>;

8. lol when I got mine for the first time I was actually really shocked at how small he was...they look far bigger in photos, expecially their heads!

9. everyone really loved him at the philly meetup I went to XD He's def not just a mannequin anymore...he has a real spirit of his own >w<

10. I've been a mini person ( souldoll kid and now minifee chiwoo ) and when I go to meetups the SDs blow my mind. I'm short and they come up to midthigh... and weigh a ton x3 My poor hound will get to ride my shoulders. Like a scarf.

11. I already had some porcelain dolls that were as large as an SD or larger, so it was no big deal for me. :)

Now I only get size-shock when I'm around people with tons of minis and tinies and then see a big doll amongst them...

I don't have any minis or tinies, so at home my dolls don't seem large.