1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Preparing your dolls for the outside world

Jan 17, 2009

1. Well, since I'm in this process (my girl came Monday)...

I ordered a can of MSC UV Cut and I picked up a box of magic erasers. I have a whiteskin, so she already has a few smudges from making her a black dress. ^^; Tomorrow I plan to take her apart, wipe her down, fix up her uneven company faceup, and blast every inch of her with the MSC.

I made a carriage bag for her (pictures will exist in the sewing forum, maybe a tutorial, when it's completely finished in a few weeks). Her wig comes off and I slip her in the bag. Once I can acquire props, some will come with. Definitely a book.

~Angelkitty

2. Sometimes I'll put them in winter clothes if it's really cold or if I'm really cold but in the summer they never wear winter clothes. The Pukis have coats but I don't like them but Nuri lives in hoodies and stuff.

I don't bring food or anything unless it's a meetup...they don't get hungry...but I might bring a prop or something like that (when I had Tillie I'd bring her mouse).

My 1/6 ones don't usually venture out...but if they do they go in a cloth purse with bubble wrap and stuff...my Pukis go in eyeglass cases!!!!

I love being able to put a Puki in a hard case and just toss her in my bag. Lack of transportibility is why I got rid of my MSD.

Lua is yellowed, but I like her that way. All my dolls have the UV cut but my Pukisha because of the faceups that WLF did. I've considered getting it but don't find it necessary...my dolls don't stay in the sun.

3. Bleh I went to respond to this, and then realized I wrote a reply like ages ago. XD I'll just edit out my old response with a new one. >_>

No special clothes, but if I'm going away for a few days for a convention, I take a few changes of clothes for them because I like them to look different on different days. Eventually, when I get around to making them cosplay outfits, I'll bring those too. But usually it's whatever I like them to wear regardless of the weather. Although for a con this summer that's at a water park, I intend on having them dressed very weather-appropriate for some fun pictures.

Unless I think I'll need it for a photoshoot, probably not. Less things for me to worry about losing. D:

I have mine coated a good deal in MSC. I need to order some more and do another good few coats before some outdoor events. But I also plan on bringing a blanket to cover them with when they're not being handled. Just to keep them from getting extra exposure. But I'm not panicy about the yellowing as some people are. I want them to look as good as new for as long as possible, but I also want to enjoy them. So yes, they see sunlight but I do keep it to a minimum.

4. Rayne gets one of her nice dresses. I'm not very picky with her. Sei gets his jeans and depending on the weather he'll wear his turtleneck or a wife beater. I like bringing his hoodie in case it gets cold. He has to be wearing his shoes in case he needs to stand for any reason. I always, ALWAYS bring one of his blankets off his bed to cover him when we get in the sun. I bring one of the lighter coloured ones as it doesn't absorb any sun but covers him nicely.

5. Aw~ it's so sweet to read all the preparations and things we do for our dolls. :XD:
      In my case, yes I love to dress them for the season! It just seems appropriate even though I don't take them out much except for photoshoots.
      I'm not sure if my H.Ducan's faceup was sealed with UV cut MSC (I hope it is >_>), but my T.Lahoo's definitely is (thankfully!) I'm a stickler when it comes to sunlight.
      I never bring props unless they need them for photos, or for some reason it goes with their character. (Like how I'm planning a future doll to always carry around a "blankie" ;) )
      I can't think of much else, everyone has already given a lot of great tips.
      I'd just say, if you're taking them somewhere be sure to bring an umbrella just in case it rains!
      Although it's also handy if you'll be in a sunny area (for a long time) with no shade. :3nodding:

6. I put the shoes/boots on (they don't wear shoes at home). I may change clothes to more appropriate for season, if needed. I style wigs. And all my dolls are coated with UV-cut MSC. Sometimes i take props as well, though I don't have many.

7. Okay, so I'm taking my DollZone Hong with me to Busch Gardens with me if he comes...on time(I'd be too afraid to take my Souldoll Chiron with me becasue of the grey skin) he's going to be in a backpack most of the time. And I might be taking Chiron to Williamsburg. Any tips of what I should do besides wrapping him up?

8. I make sure my crew is dressed, wearing shoes (to protect those tiny toes :P) has thir hair on, and everyones eyes are lookin' good. Then they're all loaded up into the case, and off we go! As for food and toys, Eevie(puki Cupid) usually brings her teddy bear. The case is big enough to fit all three dollies and Eevies case, so her puki box is usually brought along too, stuffed with clothes, wigs, eyes, whatever they think they might need. Coppelia (AOD rao) often brings her backpack as well (this makes me happy 'cuase I won't have to carry her junk around XD )

But as for UV, I make sure they never in direct sun for very long, and make sure they only sit in clean places :)

9. LMAO!! OMG That's exactly what I do! If we are going out I put them in a coat and hat. If it's snowing the wooly gloves and scarves go on too. I don't take food for my dolls as I don't feed them. Only at birthday parties, they have little cakes. I don't take toys with them as they are all over 16. If I had a little one I would. All my dolls have UV protection so that's not a worry. :)
      If we're staying at a friend's for the night I also pack the PJs which I change them into for bed time. lol

10. I dress them up according to weather, hey, they dont want to freeze! I carry them around in my arms so they wont get too lonley.

11. Not really...
      I used to be mega UV-paranoid, but I've had my doll over a year now and although he has yellowed slightly, I've simply accepted that this will happen anyway (to me, he is a toy, albeit not a child's one - if i can't display him and take his picture and take him places, for me there's not so much point to owning a doll). I've also looked at steps to reduce yellowing which I will one day carry out (like peroxide, toothpaste etc) so he doesn't get to wear Factor 30 (unlike me...) ^^.

I do pander to one paranoia tho... Concrete vs. Resin! I try to avoid sitting my doll on slabs or paving that's at all rough if he has bare legs. I *know* I've seen so many doll photos on concrete and I'm being silly, but after an incident with metal parts on his default clothes scratching the resin nastily, I'm not taking those chances..! So he gets to wear full leg covering ^__^

12. I have a yellow lati. I usually dress her nicely and put her shoes on. I bring her teddy with her so she doesn't get lonely in my bag. I wrap her up in two layers of blankets/towels and snugly fit her into her case. :) Also I bring a haircomb to fix her head when she comes out.

13. Special clothes? A coat, hat, or scarf so that they don't get cold?
      Depends on the weather. If I dress them in winter clothes during summer it would make ME physically hot.
      I always take them out in the Dollmore doll carrier I bought. So they never really sit in sunlight because they are usually in the carrier.

Take some food with you just in case your doll gets hungry?
      I don't usually have my doll-food case with me but I'm starting to keep it with me when I have them.

Or a toy just in case they get bored?
      They don't have toys (T_T)

Drench them in UV protection?
      Ooh~ Never thought of doing that. I may start.

I want my dolls to see the world! Don't you?
      Yeah :3

14. This is actually serious business for me. When I take my dolls out, it is usually because I am taking a walk to work and want some intelligent company along. Well those I work with think it is odd and often might make rude comments so my dolls always must have clothing on first. I have yet to bring my MSD girl out because she has no panties and her skirt rides up and I know people would make offensive comments and being as I am with my dolls, I would feel angry and protective. And I also like them to have hair and a faceup to show off so people can see the love and care I have put into customizing them. But it is not completely necessary. I just like them to have clothes mainly.

Hmm...maybe I will need to get them tiny umbrellas what with all the rain, hail, and tornados going around here lately.

15. I take my doll's out ALLOT. but I've onle ever taken one out without a bag and I don't think I would do it again... not with an SD at least, smaller I suppose are easier to simply wrap in a jumper and tuck out of sight should the need arise.

I only really take them out for photo shoots in intresting places.

My Boy's I take out will have a weather suitable outfit, usually... a few silly props to make photo taking fun... because I love my City and my dollys love it too, it's much more exciting to find intresting places for them to pose on. espeacially in good weather.

I'm not really worried about yellowing, but I've had no real problem with it and my MOON whom I take out the most is much the same colour he allways was.

16. I guess i dress them apropriate to the weather....so then my Photographs look slighly more realistic..........so if its hot my Guy (Edward) would wear a t-shirt or vest and jeans...the Girls would wear more summery stuff like dresses etc......if its cold a hoodie, scarf and gloves.....i also tend to put shoes on them so their feet dont get damaged or dirty.....if im going to meets ill bring toys and edwards Nintendo DS and the girls bring their Bears with them as Props for photos and stuff. ^_^

Also not to forget the Magic Eraser! that comes in handy for Moss stains and general dirt lol lol Emily and Thora love climbing Trees lol :P

17. I dress them according to the weather if possible. I might bring some food or toys along but that's because I want to use them as props for a photoshoot I have in mind.
      I never thought of UV coat...but I take care not to put them in too much sun light.

18. I just limit their time outside.

19. Special clothes? A coat, hat, or scarf so that they don't get cold?
      Depends on the weather. If I dress them in winter clothes during summer it Eh. If it's cold they're in long sleeves and hoodies if it's warm. They're not. Makes me feel cold to have the boys sitting about topless in the middle of winter! They do always go in their travel blankets in their travel bag though. Clean and safe.

Take some food with you just in case your doll gets hungry?
      Nope. Though if I can find a scale bottle of whiskey that will go everywhere with my El XD

Or a toy just in case they get bored?
      No. They prefer to torment living people.

Drench them in UV protection?
      Give or take some chipping, already done! WS dolls glow under black light so that ones pretty easy to check where he's chipped but the rest, not so much.

I want my dolls to see the world! Don't you?
      Torment the world, yes ;)

20. Well, my grandmother lives in North Carolina, we always go there around X-mas and Valentine's day (which is hell cold over there at that time for me since I live on a tropical island). Next time I go over there I plan on taking my doll so she can meet him, I'm already looking up winter clothes for him XD like warm coat, knit hat, mittens, ear muffs, scarf, etc. So yeah.....lol