1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"PRETTY please?": the art of obtaining.

Apr 28, 2005

1. Mine:
      - Look at Phantasmagoria site - think it is beautiful - have no idea of what the hell are that dolls
      - Wait a while, meet Yela (Arashi666)
      - Learn about dolls, make stupid questions
      - See JUJUBE site, die.
      - See Cassiel's boys - die.
      - See Levi-kun in person. Die again.
      - See DOD website. Fall for yen. Discover it is a boy. Turn your eyes down. Look at Mir. Fall for mir.
      - Make 1000000 calculations of how much I'll have to work, check dollar's price 3 times a day
      - Decide working hard.
      - Search for Mir pics - find 1 website ¬¬
      - Find cyworld
      - Try hard to join.
      - Join.
      - Enjoy loads of mir pics and, of course, die.
      - Work 6 months
      - Work at vacations, every day, morning and afternoon...
      - get anough money, cry, die.
      - Buy with dad complanin about how expansive she is.
      - wait, recive, love, die.
      - Play a lot and decide she needs a boy.
      - Started to plan getting him
      - Ask R$100,00 (U$33,00) to help buying her doll art x-mas
      - Reciving a lovely gift from her parents: HIM!
      - Wait. Get. Love. Die.
      - Play happly!

2. okay, here we go:
      * saw cari's doll on LJ
      * thought they were neat, but was skeptical, because i never really liked dolls
      * kept seeing pictures
      * looked at DoA site FAQ and whatnot
      * decided dolls were the bessst
      * wanted to have one to be my fashion guinea pig
      * saved closing checks from work
      * bought a dollmore ray
      * still waiting for her to get her...eeeekkkk, so 'cited

3. Hmm....Maybe I should follow suit and tell it beginingg to end.

~ Typed "Vincent Valentine" on google. looking for images
      ~Seen a cool(creepy) looking Volks Vincent, cliked, and fell in love with the doll
      ~ After finding out what he was called, "Super Dollfie" I googled the word
      ~Found Mae and Djins Tangled.net site....starts drooling over Tsuki-chan and Sei-kun.
      ~Found Domya...and forum.
      ~hunting for more SD sites, found DOA
      ~ Lusting to get a Shiro.
      ~ Missed twice to get Shiro.
      ~ Bingo! I got my self a Shiro-head.
      ~ My little boy came home.

and this was all within 6 months :grin:

4. Hee, everyone has such interesting stories.. :grin: Mine's fairly prosaic..

- found Emono Haouin's 1/6 Final Fantasy dolls; the big ones just didn't do anything for me. (I blame their F-28ness ^^; )
      - played with 1/6 stuff for... 4-5 months, delving heavily into the military 1/6 world for props/clothes/etc
      - saw Isao I and Anais II in a Volks catalogue. Went "OMGWTFBBQ" at the price and moved on.
      - suddenly thought at the turn of the year (Jan. 05) "Gee, what about those big dolls?"
      - found DoA via the Lunar Ark and immediately read the SD FAQ.. many times... and visited all of the doll retailers listed there with English sites. No, really.
      - decided I wanted a Sram or a Chiwoo, joined DoA, and wonder of wonders, saw a Sram for sale at a bargain price.
      - voila, I was hooked. =o

5. "OMGWTFBBQ" made me laugh.

i always feel weird laughing loud at work, lol.

6. After having discovered SD through an eBay auction, I promptly reserched volks and tormented my mom for a whole year. I begged her to let me borrow my college money for a FCS F28, and she said I could have half if I saved the rest.

But one day I was surfing Domuya and saw Sweet Dreams Lucas, and was able to bother my mom into buying him that instant.

But sadly now my mom mentions I owe her lots of money all the time....

I was saving for an f16 once again, but since college was coming up I had to use some of my savings for it, and I settled on buying a different and much cheaper doll (my second doll)

Now, I have to try and save for that elusive f16 once again.

7. Woow! o___o Such a great response! Thanks everyone~<33

One similarity between the stories so far is almost always a 'happy ending'!<33 Which makes me happy.

Oh, and in case there was a misunderstanding: O: I'll be buying Chiwoochanface myself, but I have to have PERMISSION to from my parents. I'm still a kid, still underage, and my parents would MURDER me if I bought a doll without their consent. u_u;;

Of course, if...in the PROCESS of persuasion my darling mother decides to purchase him for me... there will be no complaints.<3 Though I have a morbid fear that I will be extraordinarily guilty if she does...:| We're not the wealthiest family.

Yay. Dolls. 8 8~

8. Lilly's Path to Dolly-hood...

-See a Nono cosplaying as Sailor Moon on the web somewhere...mistake it for just another SM doll...wait about 3 years...
      -Browze around DeviantArt and come across a picture of a sleeping 1/6 Dollfie and think it's beautiful
      -google "dollfie"
      -Find picture of Elf El. Dies.
      -Find DOA. Dies.
      -Stupidly asks if anyone's selling Elf El for $100. DIES.
      -Gets introduced to DOD by the amazingly beautiful and sweet Cacau!!
      -Go to DOD website...
      -Contemplate getting a Leya...sees Mir. DIES AGAIN.
      -Sees cost- oh well! Too far gone now!
      -Starts saving...
      -Introduces idea of BJD to parents...
      -Mom orders Mir for Christmas! :o OMG!
      -Gnaws all appendages off waiting for her.
      -Mir named Odette.
      -Odette arrives on January 19th, 2005. INSTANT LUV! Dies.
      -Begin planning for just one more...
      -...end up planning for 3 more...
      -Raise enough money for second- Adelais...
      -Plan to Order May 1st.

And here I am! :D And it's been an awesome ride so far!

9. See blythe and buy one or two
      See pullip and buy 2
      See custom big pullips
      Wants a big doll
      buys a jan mclean doll
      Find obitsu heads nicely painted and lust over them
      Stumble across a nice one on ebay
      Clicked buy it now
      Panic and got body
      Decided i wanted 3 girls
      Decided i like the DD boobies after all
      Got an open eyed head
      Place preorder with HLJ
      Preorder was delayed
      painiced and borrowed monies wo get body from domuya
      Was happy
      months past
      lost job
      fell for dreaming shiwoo and had to have
      sold ldds, pullips and even my phone number :( to raise cash for Zan
      Zan arrived in feb
      Faith told me of her brother
      Saveing for sunil
      have enough
      Volks reject credit card
      get bummed so order DES
      Sell off more stuff to start saving again
      get offered Sunil
      Said yes
      Was broke again
      9 days after DES sunil came home
      Raise monies to replace those i spent
      DES tells me she needs a boyfriend
      Save again

10. :D There's an awful lot of dying in the progress of gaining a doll.

You know. I think everything would work out SO much better if I had a steady job. :D;; I earn 100 a month doing menial tasks. *crosses fingers* C'moooon Kinkos...you KNOW you want me. ;DDD~

I wonder if any millionaires would become BJD collectors. I bet they'd have a hell of a time. :D heh hehh. It'd be something like this:

- I WANT.
      - I GET.
      - I WANT THAT ONE, TOO.
      - I GET THAT ONE, TOO.

...*buys lottery tickets* If I win, everyone here at DoA gets a set of silicone eyes.

11. That's alot of eyes to buy. o.o When I get my boy, I'll add to this thread.

12. Oh man... for the longest time I wanted a dollfie... however I must admit that I jumped into buying one without looking around much. I saw a Lovelyhouse ShinE on ebay and I just melted. First I had wanted a SD Nono, and my mom considered buying her for me for xmas - but then decided that a laptop would be much more useful (and Im glad she did). So after I had got my tax returns I started looking around some. Still didnt know of any other companies besides Volks and Lovelyhouse. I saw a LH ShinE on ebay and I fell in love with his face even though he was a boy and I really wanted a girl. But anyway I figured that worst case I could just sell my body and buy another. So I went downstairs and said, "mooooommmmm.... can I buy this awesome doll I found online?" She said, "I dont think you should..." I replied, "But you arent saying no..." She said, "I dont think you should..." So I just ran upstairs and clicked "buy it now" XD I didnt bring it up with her again untill she said a couple of weeks later, "I saw you bought that doll..." XD And tahts all she said. The company freaked me out though cause I didnt get any emails from them, he just showed up at my door one day. XD

13. Heh. My family (or half-family, rather, being just Dad and I). Isn't very sentimental. There's a small four foot Christmas tree that goes mostly undecorated, because it's got some fiberoptic needles in it. My dad wrote me a check for Christmas. XD He paid for about half of Juniper. I finish saving for her new body (an upgrade from Dollfie Dream to CP Mature) in late sping or summer... it depends on weather I can find a body for sale or if I have to order a whole doll from Luts and sell the head.

I purchased her body second hand and in Febuary and her head a few weeks after.

The purchase is justified, because I homeschool, and I need SOMEONE to keep me company while I'm home all alone... right?

Juniper is a bit out of charactar for me, I'm a bit of a girl-geek and it would've been more fitting for me to get a AMD 64 with that money... *drool* ehehehehee. :)

It's funny that I should end up with Nono, there was no love-at-first sight with her. I most always prefer the less cartoony heads. But something about the time... I dunno, she just really grew on me. I have no regrets! I can't imagine getting any other, now...

The only doll I've fallen head over heels for at first sight would be Ttori. I just might own *her* someday.

14. mine went like this...

saw Taisho Megu 7 years ago
      searched her out and discovered Volks
      found out she was sold out
      cried a bit even though we had no kinda monies for such things
      found out they sold a new make-up version and did a small happy dance
      Me MOMMMYYYY I want this very pretty very expensive doll, please buy her for meeeee
      [ silence ]
      stares at empty apartment...
      remembers that she hasn't lived at home since she was 14 O_O {and even if she had, her biological mother wouldn't buy her food, let alone a doll :oops: }
      sighs
      [ enter 5 year gap ]
      Husband surprises her on their wedding anniversary by spending his vacation check on her dream doll
      Nezumi cries and is super happy :D

p.s. I love your Paper Chiiwoo, it made me smile XD
      :grin:

15. I wouldn't dare ask my mum to put any money towards a doll, unless it was for christmas or birthday presents. My mum thinks everything I like is stupid 'Japanese rubbish' and she won't help me get more unless its all I want. Also she couldn't afford it anyway, she resented giving me £100 to add toward a digital camera for my birthday so a dollfie would be a big no no.

My nan on the other hand (who is more of a mother then my mum is :oops: ) When I'm near the final £50 I'll probably ask her to lend it too me. I can trust my nan, she'll joke about it but she won't hold it against me or anything silly unlike mum.

Annie

16. Heh...the only person I had to argue with about getting a doll was myself. The problem was I put up a serious fight - I couldn't imagine spending all that money in one place at once. >_>

I still blame cloudtrader (in the nicest possible way! <3 ). I think I might have even found her randomly on lj, or through friends of friends. But I saw her icon, of a gorgeous dollfie, and fell hard for the doll right then and there.

So I spent three or so years arguing with myself, and occasionally bidding on doll auctions I knew I'd be outbid on. After whining to myself incessantly for so long, I finally caved in, and ordered one just recently.

I think I'm much harder to plead with than my parents! They would have raised their eyebrows, but said "Well, it's your money". I kept telling myself not to spend my hard earned money all at once. >_< But now it's all good, and I have something verrry nice to look forward to.

17. - like aimee's art
      - wander to aimee's site
      - see aimee's beautiful dolls.. espeically haku who i love T_T
      - read price and admit that i will never be able to afford one
      - still come back and look at pretty photos
      - have onegreyelephant on DA and LJ
      - discover she has Oska
      - wishes to see Oska in real life and begins teetering on thin line of 'buy doll/not buy doll'
      - finally gets to meet Oska, and he pushes me into 'buy doll' area
      - spend ages looking through options and doll choices, always keep coming back to DOD
      - have money but swear to save up the extra before buying him
      - doesn't last a week before ordering U

18. Ouch that sounds EXACTLY like my mother! Everything I like is stupid nonsense to her -_-
      And so of course, our conversations about dolls go something like this :D

"I almost have enough for a doll!"
      "Youre not buying a doll."
      "Yes I am, I just said I almost have enough money."
      "Youre not spending your money on DOLLS!"
      "Its my money, that I earned with my job, and I will pay from my bank account, and how exactly are you planning to stop me from doing this?"
      ".....go tidy the kitchen, its a mess, nobody ever helps me with anything" *insert stereotypical irrational mother rant here*

Mind you this is how most of our conversations go. Im also planning to go to the states to see friends and attend Otakon in August, and everytime I mentioned it, for months the only answer I got was "Youre not GOING to America!" followed by a long and laughable rant about how all my net friends are axe murderers.

But I have my little part time job in a newsagent on minimum wage now, and I will get my dollies, by myself, no matter how long it takes! And I'll love them all the more for it!

19. Me:
      -Sees Wikipedia entry after randomly searching for stuffs
      -ZOMG DOLLS! Dolls that pose...and have eyes you choose and hair you choose and...they pose!
      -Visited eBay...Expensive dolls *_*
      -Trawled Flickr...Big dolls :o
      -Real life catches up, so no more dolls for a while...
      -Dissertation deadline looming, not much inspiration...I know, will wander around eBay...
      -Loses auction for a Dollfie Dream I didn't really want anyway...
      -Sees Skywhys' eBay shop. Falls in love with Domuya Day sculpt but is expensive...
      -Wibbles and phones boyfriend: "Would it be so bad if I spent £200 on a doll?" Boyfriend: ":o:o:o:o:|"
      -Rethinks Domuya Day after seeing Soulkid Snyder on Skywhys' eBay shop...poor Snyder girl...all lonely and looks a little like me...
      -Shows little brother pictures of Skywhys' Snyder. Brother: ":o Tis you!"
      -Knows deep down that I have to have the doll that is my twin...clicks BIN!
      -Dolly comes home, names herself Gwenllian :fangirl: Gwen and I finish my dissertation.
      -I get a 2.1 for my degree & BJDs are good for educational bribing!

20. Okay 8D
      I was looking through deviantart, on my friends favorites and I see this thing, of course I'm thinking it's a person~ and I click on it, and realize it's a doll. And I read the user's FAQ and whatnot and googled up dollfies, and found DOA and signed up. And I read. A lot. n_n;; And then I was looking at the prices, thinking OMFGMOM'LLKILLME, and such. xD So, I went to Ebay and found my AOD Rao with a free faceup, and looked into it.
      Anywayyy, thank god graduation was coming up in like.. a month? So I begged my dad into helping me, and of course he gave in(<333). I didn't tell my mom of course.. so after it arrived, after 2 weeks, I had to wait another week to open her. D: