1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with BJDolarama

Nov 9, 2006

1. Except, if she received the doll on Oct. 17, she hasn't had it for one month...she's had it for 24 days, minus however many days she's spent trying to contact BJDollorama to straighten it out (whatever time the doll was in transit to Spain doesn't count).

Regardless of whether it was BJDollorama's or DimDoll's mistake, BJDollorama is the agent, so they are responsible to remedy the situation, although if they shirk responsibility, she may try contacting Dimdoll directly to see if they can exchange heads, or at least sell her the Odelia head that she wanted if she explains the circumstances.

In any case, if she (or her boyfriend) is to file a claim, best do it immediately. If it gets worked out, then good, but cover the bases and file the claim while you can.

edit: and as far as 'bad mouthing the company" goes, Freespiritz posting an exaggeration of the time it took to contact them appears more like they are badmouthing their customers to me.

2. Every company has it's mishaps, but I've encounted nothing but excellent service from BJDollarama. So for now, the doll is in good condition and can be resold, even for good value since DIM is discontinuing Odelia and Marianne. Flurry_of_flames hit it right on target, best bet is a refund or sell the doll, listing negative stuff about the company (well they didn't send me a wig, blah blah blah) will do no one any good and needs to stop.

3. We are not saying we hate bjdolarama and we are going to set on fire the shop or something..

We are looking for some good advice to solve the problem, that's all. I think this section of the forum is here for this reason, isn't?

It's okay, you have no problem with the shop, but I have a problem and I want to solve it, don't try to make me feel bad for it. This is not a flame war or something like that.. we are talking with respect.. so can you please stop telling us not to talk about the shop?

4. Ok, if I am sent the wrong doll, I want my money back or the correct doll. Why should the customer have to deal with the hassle of selling it? I would give BJDollarama a reasonable time to settle this, and if they do not then file with paypal. If they do not resolve it to your satisfaction, I would leave bad feedback. That is the way it works, good service = good feedback and bad service = bad feedback! She owes nothing to BJDollarama if they are unwilling to resolve this for her!

Lishe

5. I think taking this situation with maturing and dignity is what needs to be done.
      Amd just deal with the company outside of the forum, because this thread can easily breed animosity towards Bjdollarama. Keep emailing them until you get a response, deal with them personally. All the advice given is good, 1)get a refund, 2)cite a claim, or 3) sell the doll.

6. I don't think it's possible to breed any more animosity toward BJDollarama than 1. has already been bred or 2. they deserve.

FreeSpiritz/Shop4dollsandbears is INFAMOUS on this forum for their poor service, long shipping times, and lies to customers about when things are going to be shipped. Unfortunately some people don't realize that BJDollarama is in fact the same company with a different name, so another round of people are getting screwed. Which is sad.

Personally I think this thread is helpful to people who DIDN'T realize that it's the same company with the same problems. Now they know, at least.

7. Nomiracles - I for one would like to know how this is resolved. How a company handles problems like this, lets me know if I would like to order from them or not in the future! GOODLUCK

Lishe

8. Sorry PinkBear, but it looks like they're handling this as well as could be expected from where I'm standing. The seller was contacted and given an opportunity to correct their mistake, and they refused to do so. No one is pitching a fit or calling anyone names... But at this point leaving bad feedback for the seller is more than justified given their response to the problem. So is contacting PayPal or their credit card company to start a charge-back.

There are dozens of posts on this forum about problems with this particular seller, who, unfortunately, operates under several different names. You may not be aware of it, but this sort of situation isn't a fluke. There have been many, many complaints in the past about how she handles her business transactions... and would-be buyers *need* to know what they may be getting into when they purchase a doll or other items from her, no matter what shop name she's using at the moment.

I don't know what connection, if any, you have to Davona, but pushing the OP not to post negative feedback when it's entirely appropriate for her to do so isn't a good thing. BJDolarama screwed up and won't fix the mess they made. People need to know that so they can assess the risk of ordering themselves.

9. I agree with chibaraki, people do need to know about poor service especially people who are new to the hobby :3nodding:

10. As a buyer, I would prefer to be made aware of any problems that arise with sellers. There have been problems with this seller in the past and it is not unusual for consumers to compare notes on how a particular company performs.

Also, I imagine that this person has come here asking for advice because they didn't know exactly how to handle it and I don't see anything wrong in that. All she has done is stated what has happened, as have other people regarding their experiences with this company.

11. Hopefully she'll get the right doll or a refund. It's simply good business, to take care of your customers and to right mistakes YOU make. Putting the blame on the customer or saying that they shouldn't be "badmouthing" this business is abhorrent and frankly being a bad consumer.

You can find a great deal of negative feedback/experiences with FreeSpiritz/Shop4dollsandbear.

12. Right on target, m'dear. Bullseye.

I suggested putting up a WTB thread in the meantime, simply because this seller is infamous for not complying with her customers. That way the girl could somehow still have a chance of puchasing Odelia with the refunded money if DIM is unable to fix the problem. I'm hoping she can still have the doll despite this stroke of bad luck.

13. I'd say I agree with the majority of the comments posted in this thread so far.

It is unfortunate that the mistake wasn't reported for 24 days for whatever reasons, but it is the shop's responsibility to remedy the mistake. Refusing to do so puts the shop in the wrong. I can understand that they're not ordering any more DiM and may not have a replacement at this time, but they really should make a point to special order an Odelia to replace the mistaken Marianne, or give a full refund at the very least.

FreeSpiritz's comment with the exaggerated time, placing the blame on a new employee that goes by a nickname, and saying the problem was a faceup and not the wrong doll doesn't reflect good customer service in the sense of carefully reading and making a point to understand error reports or taking responsibility for mistakes made on the shop's end any more than the feedback she's already received from unhappy customers and comments made here about her past customer relations do.

14. I am sorry PinkBear, but you are very much in the wrong here. She had a problem, the company told her to deal with it, so she's posting here. She's only doing what anyone else would.

15. Pinkbear, it is not your place to tell anyone what they can or can't post. I have also had a very dissappointing transaction with this woman, where she sold a doll out from under me. I learned from that, and have not even considered giving her my business since then.

I hope this gets sorted out sweetie.

16. You're right, I shouldn't of said anything. I wish the best for the buyer and that this does get sorted out.

17. I'm sorry others have had such bad luck. When I ordered my marianne from shop4bearsanddolls I had no problems.

18. I think something is being lost in translation here. She has had the doll 24 days as of today. She has tried repeatedly to contact BJDollorama (at least 3 emails were sent). She likely waited more than one day between emails so she has been trying to correct the issue for over a week before coming here.

As has been said before, this seller is notorious for this type of thing. Next we will hear how the seller has been sick, or her cat died or she couldn't keep up with blah blah blah. Those of us that have been on the board for a few years have seen this song and dance from her before. File an immediate claim for chargeback with paypal and order your doll directly.

semirans

19. Hi ^^

I'm Denny and I am also..a member of DOA

I noticed this issue today and of course, I got an e-mail in the early morning at home and I replied to the customer.

I had some solution and replied to you.(Not sure it was you or your friend, sorry)

This is clear that I would like to let people know.(I think..some of people complains about Box...? right?)

**FOR D.I.M HAPPY DOLLS, WE USE SAME BOX WITHOUT ANY NAME ON THE BOX. SO WE write MODEL NAME ON"POSTIT' stick it on outer box AND SEND IT TO OUR DEALERS for them.
      IT'S POSSIBLE THAT THE POSTIT CAN BE REMOVED DURING SHIPPING AS THIAT IS JUST POSTIT.

IT'S JUST FOR OUR DEALERS WHO CAN DISTINGUISH DOLLS WHEN THEY CHECK DOLLS BEFORE SELLING THEM.

We D.I.M do not deal with the dealer any longer becuae of some reasons.

Anyway, What I think is.....sellers need to check models and conditions before delivery as the dolls are from long long way from Korea.

We send out dolls to the dealer when they ordered exactly.

----------------------------------ANYWAY-------------------------

As I offered to you in the e-mail. You can wait for Odelia.

You know...they are discontinued and we are taking orders from today for limited quantity only for customers who really want to have them.

So..the dolls will be sent out end of December.

I will let you know when they are ready and you send me your Marianne without body.
      I will send you Odelia head only to you.
      (For you..I will pay the EMS charge from Korea to USA)
      You can send the head by Airl Mail which is much much cheaper than EMS.

**Other choice, I have no face up Odelia head for myself.
      We don't sell head only for DIM HAPPY.
      But...If you want, I give you the head(without face up) for free.
      If you want the make up version, You need to pay the face up fee.

Please Let me know. I want to solve this and I will take this My Responsibility.

Thank you very much.

P.S : We are just small company....so....I am always available....to communicate with customers. Thank you

I hope this can make you feel better...I hope.....

Have a good day

Denny / D.I.M doll

20. Nomiracles, please contact Denny Kim privately now that he has posted a solution to your dilemma. I will lock this thread now as the matter needs to be dealt with between Nomiracles/BJDolrama/Denny. Thank you!