1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Angel Of Dream

Jul 10, 2007

1. It`s about the same value in Canada so that means if the doll had been declared at 145$ about 21.75$ of taxes.

I know you say that Mexico is corrupted and all that but that`s the system you got and unless you can chenge your goverment that`s not going to get any better. I wish I could know what to do to help you but I can`t.

A lot of people around the world have to pay taxes for their dolls, they justcalculate it in their cost. It`s your first doll and I`m sorry you had to go through this but if you want your doll you have to pay your taxes.

We all know now to never write FREE SAMPLE when shipping a package to Mexico now.

2. Just to clarify things here, the parcel is marked at $20 and not $2000+ *_* As for marking down the value, ecchigirl has given us instructions to do so along with many of our customers. So because of that, we have been marking down the parcels we ship out.

We are now offering her a full refund for her doll as long as the package is sent back safely or, we could pay the customs fees for her. The management have decided that it was our mistake for marking the package wrongly and we should be responsible for the mess this time.

Also, due to this complication, we will NOT be marking down anymore parcels when you place an order in our website unless you specifically request for it. But if things continue to go wrong, we may refuse to mark down the packages altogether. Even so, if you get charged custom fees for the marked down packages, it will not be our responsibility.

I have already given instructions to the factory to declare all these packages that have been marked down as 'GIFT' to avoid anymore trouble.

Once the item leaves our factory, we will provide the customer with a tracking number and we will not be responsible for anything that would happen to it. Unless there is a problem with the doll, of course.

Also, we weren't avoiding her emails. >_< We are aware that she's anxious about her doll and are already trying to attend to her emails first. We generally try to respond to emails ASAP, but there has been a sudden influx of emails lately and we need a little time to repond to all of them. But all emails are replied within 3 business days.

And I know I've stressed this many times in the AoD incoming doll thread, but ecchigirl, please give us time to respond to your email! Sending us too many emails in less than 2 hours will clog up our inbox and cause even slower replies. >_<;; Please give us at least 3 business days before you send another email or if it's really urgent, send it as a high importance email. That'll ensure that we get back to you ASAP. :)

3. And there we have it. Thank you for your response clearing things up, Izumiyavi. It was very kind of you to offer to settle with the buyer in this way. It speaks highly of your company's concern for its customers.

All this over what would have been a $21.75 customs fee. What a shame.

4. About the first part, yes. It wasn't that big amount so the taxes wouldn't have been high ;_;

Ehehe, yeah we all know. But it's been like this for decades, if not centuries. It won't change overnight, sadly. Let's hope the future gets brighter! *sighs*

izumiyavi, I feel bad for all of this happening, it must have been stressful for you too. But I'm glad that both your company and ecchigirl have talked and maybe agreed on something by now.

Best of luck to both of you!

5. AoD very well for recognizing your mistakes. I hope that they learn of these experiences and are every time a better shop.

6. ecchigirl i hope it all goes well soon

still the postal system is that corrupt to destroy the 'free sample' why tho? If someone sends a free sample to their cilents they receive it destroyed. It's just wrong

all could have been avoided if the correct value was stated. I rather pay the value customs rather than have it broken

7. I called UPS last week and they told me that if I want to send the package back, AOD must send a letter requesting it to be returned (and pay the taxes). AOD didn't say anything about authorizing the package to be sent back in their last email that I received on Thursday, and I'm still waiting for their reply.

I was check the tracking number and, the parcel is in Shangai. I send a mail about this to AOD the last Friday and they don't reply.

8. I have a problem with AoD too.
      They didn't reply my emails after I sent them three times.
      Earlier this year, I placed an order of a pair of boots there, I totally forgot about it until i started cleaning up my mailbox. So, we all know, there's this link below their invoice saying "click to view order", and thats just what i did. Instead of redirecting me to my order, I was redirected to the homepage. I was dumb-struck. So I mailed them and asked if the invoice was still legit, as I want to settle payment as soon as possible. After another 2 mails and no replies, I just got frustrated.

9. Hi,Do you refer to AOD website or the seller on ebay?:roll:

10. the website. I'm starting to think they're avoiding me. :evil:

11. Welcome to the club :apirate:

I called to UPS yesterday, and they toldme the package is still in México, in the Customs :doh . UPS is waiting to AOD call to the UPS in China and ask turn back the package.

:(

12. acexkeikai: Stop writing "gift". Write "souvenir". Has worked every single time for me sending things all around Canada and then from Canada to America (I lived there for three years and had to mail all my crap back). The Post people at Shoppers will even tell you to do this. There is no need to pay "gift" taxes ever.

Wow, note to self: Send nothing to Mexico, ever. O_o

13. Ouch!
      I gotta tell you, after i posted this, its sort of worked out ok for me! (sort of)
      I know I shouldn't be flaunting my joy here, but after my complaint here, I got a mail from AoD!

But I guess this is where my problems start, eh...the whole shipping thing.*_*

I hope there isn't a problem..On their mail, it says their office is somewhere in Singapore? (I hope this is right) And Malaysia is just right next to Singapore (you could practically drive there!), so I hope there isn't a problem.
      But if its not in Singapore, the closest I got to getting packages from China was Hong Kong, and that was from Mimiwoo! :sweat
      I hope everything turns out ok everyone..I'm starting to worry the more I read this thread. :(

14. Well, at last they reply to you.... :( they don't reply me nothing :o

UPS only wait the permission of AOD, and I only wait a reply :...( All this problem are makeme sick TwT honestly, i don't feel good.

15. Canada to Canada = no customs. :roll:
      Canada to USA = no customs for USA person on most items (including toys/dolls)
      Inbound into Canada = weird customs for everything, save food usually.

Writting souvenir will change nothing, as any Canadian citizen entering Canda from a vacation needs to declare what was purchased, the value and pay customs if it is over a certain value (depending on how long you were away, ie- going to the US for a weekend and you can bring back 100$ in items per person).

As for the original post- don't ask companies to break the law for you. Simple as that.

16. I have to say that you might have it a little off here, kokoryta. My parents were not charged customs to send packages to me in Canada, and they sent a wide variety of things, nor was I charged customs to receive them. So I don't think your "Inbound into Canada" is quite correct. "No customs for USA person" means nothing when it's the USA person doing the sending, as well ^.~ Too, I don't see what the vacation thing has to do with anything...we're discussing Canada Post, not Mounties at the border ^.~

Trust me on this one. Living on both sides of the border gives you an interesting perspective.

17. Quite aware of that, thanks. However, weird customs means its completely random if you are charged, what you are changed and so on. :roll: Ask anyone collecting dolls in Canada, or maybe take a gander at some of the posts about how messed up Canada customs is.

(Oh, and the border does have a customs office, FYI. Just becaused you lived here, doesn't mean you know all the ins and outs of our customs system. :daisy )

18. Aye, "weird customs" that randomly charge effect the UK before too.
      List of items i've not been charged on:
      My doll :)
      A BB gun Ak-47:o
      Over £200 of DVDs from America

And yet, what has been subject to customs charge, each and every time, all three orders....
      A bunch of wigs for cosplay.
      I kid you not. It's like UK customs has something against wigs.

But yeah, on the original topic: If you don't like the charges your country implements, don't import. It really is that simple.

19. T_T it's not that simple.... I still waiting the reply of AOD, the doll is in Customs waiting for the permission to return the parcel.

20. But it is. The customs regulation is in place and will be charged. To try and sidestep it is wrong.
      Do you try to sidestep paying for your groceries? No.
      So why should this charge be any different?