1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Angel Of Dream

Jul 10, 2007

1. OpheliaB, maybe you have never driven from America to Canada and back again, but there is, in fact, a customs office. You know those guys that ask if you have anything to declare? That's customs.

And just like at the airport, they have Duty Free shops on either side of the border, so you can stock up on things that are illegal in the other country.

2. Wait, EksDee. It really isn't like that.

Even if she pays the custom fees, she'll get the doll stained all over with a Sharpie, with "Free sample" written all over it, and they will break the doll (not only unassemble it, but destroy it). Yes, they will do all that!! Because it's marked as a free sample.

Would you pay the same amount you paid for a doll in custom fees to receive a totally useless and stained one? I know I wouldn't!

Especially not if it were my first BJD, which is her case.

She's been angsting over this, obviously. Cause she's waiting to hear from AoD for days, and she doesn't know what will happen now.

She can't have the doll she paid for, she would have only stained pieces of said doll of she paid the fees they're charging her, and it's only understandable that she wants to send the doll back.

But AoD has to authorize the doll to be sent back, and even though she says they told her that they are willing to in an email, they haven't done it yet. or responded to her emails anymore.

I just hope all this has a happy ending, cause I would have gone nuts if it were me in her shoes!!

3. Thanks Himitsu T_T your support was giveme strong. Arigatito ;w;

4. i heartily agree that this might be the actual root of the mistake. I'd think free sample = gift.

and i'm sure a fixed tax of more than 100% parcel price is illegal >_>even if it is by the guvvamin.

it's inhumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

p/s : I'm a bit annoyed at people saying it's entirely AOD's fault. How'd they know how bad it is to write "free sample" instead of "gift"? They're both technically free. Just one from a company and one from a private sender. Did dear ecchi TELL them what'll happen if the parcel was marked anything other than "free gift" when the side effects is that severe? If she didn't, then she was unsuspecting the situation as equally as the company itself.

5. That sounds like tempering- I mean, terrorizing with the mail!
      Is that even legal for a government office??

Can't we bring up issues like this with some bigger organizations? >_<

6. ok, I'm back..hehe :sweat
      I've settled payment, but I didn't get any response reply after I sent them saying that I've already paid? So, I checked back the website, and the order still says "pending"..Is that normal? Is it suppose to say that?

7. I think you shouldn't have asked AoD to lie about the price. I live in Mexico too (in the very south of the country! Tabasco), and have gotten two dolls shipped from korea (which I suppose its not that far from China and not from AoD, but my point is about the mail) and let me tell you, that both were marked over $600 (as 'goods'), one was left in the office for almost two weeks and the taxes for neither of them were more than $70.

The dolls arrived safely, the boxes were perfectly closed and the dolls were undamaged.

All this could have been avoided of the package had been marked correctly. However if they're marked with 'fragile', now, that's helpful.

8. ok, i posted this on the AoD waiting room, but no response, so here goes.

I ordered on the English site, and their SH-11's are these.

But after checking the china AoD, their SH-11's are different.Their soles are less thick. ---->[click]

So which one will it be? I wouldn't want the shorter soled-ones..I had them once, but sold them away..:( :(

So, my question is, has anyone ordered the SH-11's from their English site?
      Is it as the picture shows??

seeking answers..:...(

9. I still waiting response of AOD.

:| I did send they emails, because the last week I called to UPS and the parcel is still in M&#233;xico. UPS needs that AOD give the permission to return the doll to they. The parcel is in Customs for a month. I am worry about this.

10. clowve, I hope someone can help you with that!! I have no idea, but let's hope it's the ones you want.
      Have you emailed AoD or the agent you bought them from asking about it?

ecchigirl, still no response?? O:
      I hope the agent read your mails about the doll still being in Mexico, and that it wasn't sent back to Shangai ^^;;

I think the lack of communication is the main issue here O_o
      Not to mention there seems to be a lot of confusion.

Hope it all gets solved for the both of you! *sends good wishes*

11. Wait a minute, what is this quick little thing in parentheses *and pay the taxes*? They expect AoD to pay them something while authorizing sending back? AoD may be clarifying this, but if you told them to send it this way, I don't think they should have to pay anything to have it sent back to them, and I wouldn't expect them to do so. :| Also, Izumiyavi has already said what is going on in their response time, so maybe stop saying they are avoiding you already, you are starting to sound hysterical. I can see why you would be upset for all this to happen, but it doesn't look like it's AoD's fault.

BtA

12. Yeah, i did! no reply yet...omigosh....*_* *_*

13. From what I understand, Izumiyavi (Vivien) may not be handling emails anymore. There's a new person and they're having trouble getting everything switched over.

(Copied from the Waiting thread) -

http://www.aoddoll.com/news.asp?id=24

Dear AOD customers,

Due to some reasons, our Singapore international agent will not be available to you for some time. During his absence, his business will be taken over by our new international agent Jack. If you have any questions, you may feel free to contact him. His contact information is as follows,

International agent: Jack Chang
      Email address: [email protected]
      Ebay ID: renaissancefashion
      Ebay Shop: http://stores.ebay.com/Angel-of-Dream-Doll

Best Regards,
      General Manager, Sun Feng

--------------------
      And you can PM this guy too...

Renaissancefashion

He's already PMed me to make sure that my shipment from the website arrived safely. So maybe try him in order to get some answers. 'Vivien' has not answered emails in like two weeks I think...

14. Yep, but Renaissancefashion sendme a email two days a go, He tellme that Vivien is back.

15. T_T I still waiting for a repy

16. I think it would have helped to ask as many questions necessary BEFORE the purchase, and then estimate your up front costs. Don't expect anyone to take care of this except you. I suppose crying over the phone to a compassionate listener might help.

17. Okay wow, this is a little rude, don't you think? o_O How did she know they were going to send it marked as something else? She told them to mark it as gift, and they mistakenly marked it free sample. What did you want her to ask? "Are you going to mark it incorrectly? No? Okay good."

Now, I don't think this is all AoD's fault.. it was simply a mistake. But I don't see this as ecchigirl's fault AT ALL. Not to mention your comment was quite snarky.