1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Unoa Option Cat Ears / Horns

Aug 3, 2007

1. I'm still mystified as to why people seem to have trouble with their unoa-ears and horns. Mine just...work. :sweat

2. I'm thinking of maybe putting a layer of tape at the conecting points of the ears with the faceplate maybe this will thicken up to make them have better contact..:sweat

3. Stupid ears!!! I just sanded mine and they don't fit. I am so mad that I spent good money on them and now have to try something else to get them to work. Boo Hoo.

4. after i sanded mine they didn't fit so I just stuck a layer of tape at the "ear knobs" and now they won't go anywhere...
      perfect fit!^ ^
      oh I forgot to mention that if they don't fit for just a little maybe you should move the faceplate to place...

5. O.K.... just wanted to say that I cut small holes in the Lusis stock wig right near the hairline for the ear peg and now they fit. I thought that I wouldn't have to do that with a stock wig... but it worked and I am now so happy. My Nadia looks so cute as a cat. Thanks everyone for your ideas.

6. Are you talking about your Lusis' default wig, melissa_an_brown? If so I'm puzzled - my Sist's default wig has ready made holes for the option parts! Has Alchemiclabo changed how they make wigs...?

7. My Sist from last preorder's wig has holes near the hairline as well..?

8. aahaa... Just found the cut holes in my Lusis default wig as Quiet Queen mentioned. I didnt know so wasnt looking for them.

However, I'd like to know if the ears are supposed to go into the wig holes and that's it? i.e. not meant to be inserted into the head? Because I'm having trouble also putting my cat ears onto the head hence seeking here for a solution.

Even my winking face-plate doesnt seem to fit so well into the back head. The tabs at the base of the ears are bigger than the slots and if I forced them in, the face-plate wants to pop out.

9. The ears should go through the wig and the holes in the head.

10. I really think this would work for people who still have unsanded bases on their ears. You don't need to use an exacto knife, you could use sandpaper and work away at it, I just found the exacto to be a bit easier in gauging how much more needed to be taken off.

11. You might check out " UnStrung Hero! " in the customizing board. She does absolute magic with rare earth magnets. (Closed right now but check the pics!!)

I love Kitty Ears!!

12. Does anyone else have a problem keeping the Unoa Horns or ears, etc in the head of the doll? I have the Unoa L-Bi, and i've put his eye mechanisme in (OMG, LUV) and everything was fine. Now i try to add the horns to the package, and suddenly, everything goes wonky. one horn stays in, (Rigidly, i might add) while the other just falls out onto the floor.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've looked up everything i can, to see if there is a fix for this, and the only thing i can think of is to place a rod between the two horns, to keep them together, and resist them falling out.

::sigh::

13. ok, i think i have found a fix for those who really want to wear the cat ears/horns, but find that the horns just fall out.

here is the steps i took.

1) Place one of the horns/ears in your doll's head back, and examine how much of the post stick inside the head. Mark it. (you can scratch it, etc...basically, to show how much post is inside the head) This is your area to work with.

2) Grab a pair of needle nose pliers, and a straight pin. You want to put the post part of the horn, on a piece of wood, so the needle has something to sink into when it goes through the horn. Now, put the straight pin in your pliers grip, and hold it tightly. Now, hold your horn's post on the wood, and then stick the pin's bottom 1/4th in the candle, so that the tip barely sticks out of the other side of the flame. When it glows red, quickly, stick it through the piercable area of the horn, and push it allllll the way through. If it doesn't go through the first time, this is ok...just use the pliers to gently twist your needle out (It tends to stick in there cuz it was hot) and then when the pin is out, repeat the process till you get it through the other side.

3) After you have BOTH horns pierced, stick a piece of wire (thin enough to go through the pin holes you made through the honrs, so that they lay the same direction.

4) Now, kinda eyeball the measurement, placing the horns in place, to guide you...when you have them in place, press the wire flat where it comes out of the sides of the post, to make sure it folds nicely....now, draw up the free ends of the wire, and twist them together....and cut off any excess...you want the wire to have a nice, 'twisted post) so that it is strong in gripping together. Your horns should be near perfectly placed....you can twist the wire twist a bit while the horns are in place, to get a tiny bit of tightness, but be careful. and then, you just curl the wire under, so that it doesn't catch on anything inside the head. :) VOILA! Horns that stay in no matter what! :)

Also, it helps in putting them in, because it makes it alot easier! :D And the wires don't get in the way. I have the horns and the eye mechanism in my boy, and it all works flawlessly now :)

And here is how the head should look without the face-plate, with the horns. This should help you, by seeing the finished product.

[​IMG]

And now that i think of it, this wouldn't work for the cat ears, cuz the cat ears HAVE to be put on through the wig. :( but with the horns, this should work like a dream. I just put my fur wigs down over the horn tips, after they are in the head, and then slide it down and into place :)
      worst case scenario, you don't use the default wig that came with the doll, u just either make or buy a new one? LOL :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's two pics of my boy with the horns on, and using a wig i just made for him....i can put it on OVER the horns when they are in the way i put them in. I just made a standard Unoa sized fur wig, then flipped up the edge, and marked where the holes were supposed to go, and then I put the horns in, and put the wig on over the horns. I cut big enough holes that they easily slid right through :)

14. I hope that this helps some who want to wear the demon horns. I know it's not the best way, as the horns are meant to be put in after i guess, but even though you have to put a wig on AFTER the horns are in, it is a good way to keep them from falling out! :)