1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Puki contest discussion thread

Apr 22, 2008

1. Sent my 3 entries in yesterday...I'm so excited to see what kinds of pics everyone came up with. So much creativity here! Good luck to all who entered:clover:clover:clover:clover

2. I also sent my 3 entries! I am also very excited to see all the pictures! I am so curious about them! It'll be so much fun! :D
      good luck to all of us!

3. I still have tomorrow, right? I mean the entries can be sent on the 19th? I hope so or else I'm too late.

4. I cannot wait to see everyone's pics also!!! I know it will be so hard to choose just ONE cute pic!!

5. I just sent mine in. Not too happy with them but it's what I had.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the great creative photos!

6. You have all the way through Monday the 19th to enter... I will be accepting entries until I wake up Tuesday morning...

sorry I have been out of town all weekend... which wasn't quite expected.

Everyone who has entered will hear from me on Monday as to whether or not I got the entry, and no worries if it's not quite right, you will have time to fix any sizing problems.

I already know how I'm going to set voting up :) But thank you for all of the suggestions.

Soon... soon we shall see pictures!

Heather

7. Thanks Heather! Yippee!! I hope all is well with you, though.

8. I sent my 3 entries right now! I wanna see everyone's photos :)

9. I don't like the fact we have to own a puki, to win a puki. ^^;; T_T So those who are puki-less will remain puki-less and those who already have one, will get another one? o.O;; Plus accessories.

"...this is a contest about the cutest picture of a puki (since to me, all puki are pretty much equally cute)"
      ~ Wee_Little_Faerie

10. I also wondered about that... but then perhaps someone with lots of Puki's might give you one. My little one was a gift.

11. lol Wow, your lucky! :lol: Sorry, people giving dolls as gifts are few and far between... :( :|
      I figured that I could win a puki when I saw this, I take good pictures... but I read more, and realized I have own already. :doh

12. Uhm... sorry?

Perhaps in future contests this can be worked out... and you really should have voiced this issue *before* the last day of the contest, because I certainly would have been willing to work with people on this to come up with a fair alternative (I could have taken a poll among those who can/want to enter to see if everyone thought this was a fair idea or not)... but the rules have been too long standing the way they are, so I'm afraid they are not changing now.

Really though, if there are ever any future contests, ask questions or voice opinions like these *at the beginning*... then it might not be too late in the game to have something done about it.

13. I am glad I don't have to decide which is the cutest picture. It would be so hard.
      Pukis, by their very nature, are cuteness incarnate.

14. Junkyspot is currently having a contest where the only dolls you can use in the photos are ones purchased from Junkyspot.

Dollzone had a contest a year ago where they wanted photos of their dolls.

Trying to win the chance to purchase a Bermann or a Volks limited is really just another contest.

Contests will always have certain parameters.

What you need to do is find photo contests that will let you use your own dolls in your photographs. If you win a doll, then you can sell it for money to go toward a Puki.

15. When the prize is provided by a company and not funded entierly by a person the it is usually restricted. DOD is doing the same thing too. It's the promotion for the company. Hopefully there will be one that you can enter at some point with the doll types you own. This was the first chance that came for me.

16. I sooooo wish I could enter, but since my puki isn't getting mailed to me till tomorrow, I wont get him in time to enter :(

On a happier note, good luck to everyone who entered, I'll certainly be back to vote on the pictures ^_^

17. I know, my pukis are stuck in customs, I am missing the deadline by a DAY but I am still looking forward to seeing everyone's entries. :)

18. Wee_Little_Faerie
      ::
      I realize that NOW. XD;; I'm a bit thick headed and really didn't see this till a couple of days ago. ^^;; :doh I thought by chance this had already been brought up by somebody, or perhaps there was a better explaination as to why we had to own a doll. XD lol That's why I hadn't said anything before.

19. I just guess it was my thought that doing a contest was to get a doll you really wanted... :( not just to resell it, like in this case, I really wanted a puki, but restricting it to people who already have a doll, almost defeats the purpose.

...I don't know, but maybe that is just me. :(

20. Mine is already through customs and in the US.... but it was part of a group order, so the GO leader got them Friday afternoon and is mailing them Monday. If I had gotten him on my own, he'd be home already :(

oh well, I'll post cute pictures anyways, just not as part of the contest lol.

I saw an "extra" photo this morning from someone who entered, and her photo that she decided not to enter was super cute, so I bet the ones actually entered will be even cuter :kitty1