1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Puki Or Brown :/

May 4, 2009

1. wow. I'm glad I got a brownie! We'll see what happens.

2. hi! if someone live in canada is it cheaper to order from ajumapama usa or the korean one? ( I mind the shipping fee)

3. Is it just me, or do all the brownies have the same face? They all look the same to me :sweat

4. The fullsets have a lot of the same face mold but there are definitely a few different sculpts. In all there are Nene, Gogo, Bebe, Momo, Yoyo, Sleeping Fairy and Sleeping Human(Sleeping Nene). They may seem similar but they do have very distinct differences if you compare them^^

5. That is one reason I only have one Brownie..they all look the same to me!

6. wow there are some great pic's on this thread, hmm maybe i need a brownie too (such a bargain) now to decide which one??

7. Hi Grangalop,

I asked ajumapama usa about their shipping and it was about $20 US to Canada. Felix's shipping was about $30 (for 2 brownies). I ordered from Korea because there were extras (such as extra hands or heads) that were included and I wasn't sure if they were included from ajumapama usa.

I don't know if these extras are still being offered...maybe someone else knows? (I ordered back in mid-April.)

Hope this helps!
      Jen

8. Hey Jen :) still loving your user-name, AND still not believing it LOL,

I ordered direct from the Korean site because EMS was only $14 to Australia - where as from the USA site it was a lot higher... BUT this makes sense seeing as we're closer to Asia than to the USA... So if you're in Australia then I'd be inclined to order from the Korean site ;)

And as for the debate on Puki V's Brownie I love them both!! Brownies heads and eyes are SOOOOO much easier to change but their hands and feet... like OMG I am going to go beserk trying to keep them on... once the rubber insert wears out then you have to either a) buy new hands or b) glue them on and risk (like me) losing mobility in one hand :|

Oh and I ordered a week ago and the sale was still on...?

9. The one great thing is Karin does sell all the brownie parts on her site.

10. Yay ordered my brownies yesterday!! special still on at us site, from today get free wig or outfit instead of heads!

11. thanks Jen for the information

12. Man! I really wish I found out about this a few weeks ago! My puki is on her way home. I didnt even know about brownies until looking for puki compare pics.... They cost as much as my first payment I made on my puki =O dang!. I really wanted to get a brownie also and now I find out how cheap they are. and that they are only on sale till 15th *whimper* Oh well... I guess my pipi's twin will have to be another puki instead of a brownie, as once I pay her off I wont have money in time for a brownie *shakes fist* Maybe I'll find one on the market place for discount price later when I'm ready to buy one =D!!

13. According to the website, the Brownie sale is extended until June 27. There are some new ones added too. I ordered 2 brownies, one at the beginning of the sale, and one when the free head event was going on. I'm getting Frances and Ravie. If Ravie comes with the extra head listed and I get the free one from the sale, I will have 4 heads to swap around. I am a little concerned about the hand an foot problem, though. If I had known, I would have ordered spares. Do they wear out that easily?

Has anyone received their sale brownies yet? Also, what wig size do they take?

14. It's weird getting them back on, what I do, not to be gross, but... I lick the rubber thing so it slips on better and then push and twist hard, then give the hand/foot a little tug to see if it went on (cause there is no reassuring pop) and then, over time, the thing actually adjusts itself to a better hold. But I think I like the puki magnets better. I haven't had a bad magnet yet, though I can see what a problem it would be if one fell out, or didn't work well!

Even so, I don't really change the hands or feet out, even for my puki's, so it never bothered me, except for the first few times I messed with them, LOL.

15. Oh my look at those prices! I adore Pukipukis, but I'm not at all familiar with Brownies... I'm soooo tempted! I may not be able to resist :p

16. If your hands sometimes pop off soon after changing them, it might be that the pegs are too short (look at the right one here) The edge of the ring the peg is attached to should be lined up with the ball joint. On mine the two rings were different sizes so when I restrung mine i put super glue on the other side of the ring (if you restring you'll understand where) and put it in the ball until it lined up. I haven't had anymore hands pop off after that.

I think if the rubber parts cause problems from getting old it would be in a very long time. The feet arent removable like the hands so you dont have to worry about them falling off.

Also, the sale Brownies arent really a sale are they? I thought it was an event as in when it is over those specific sets won't be available. Or am I wrong and these are like new Basic sets? (I haven't been keeping up with doll stuff :x)

17. I have ordered from to Japanese web site (i live in Japan) and it is free shipping to over 5000 Yens ! O.o

18. Ok I need some help :p I'm trying to decide between Bright, Jasmin, and Mia. Can anyone help me with identifying which face sculpts they have? I'm still having a hard time telling them all apart. All three are so cute and I just can't decide!!