1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Puki popularity, something new?

Mar 15, 2008

1. So what do you think of your little Pipi, Tina? Is she a keeper?

2. I must admit...my Taffy (sugar) is sickeningly sweet...not for the faint of heart...much more in your face than my Pipi

3. It can be challenging to dress them, but it's so fun to think of things to make for them...tiny cupcakes, little umbrellas, it seems like ideas are without limitation.

4. :aheartbea I didn't know Puki's were popular when I wanted one. I just loved the baby like anime face and how customizeable they really are.

I have Flora, the pouty one... after I found out they are a huge fad right now it kinda made me pout too!

xD

5. Usada - I wouldn't call it a fad. A fad means that people are only buying the item because everyone else has it. I think people honestly want Puki's because of how cute and easy they are to customize and play with. I love my Pukisha and I certainly didn't bring her home because everyone else did! :) There's no reason to be upset because the doll you like is popular. People just have similar tastes to you!

6. Oh my goodness...I just got my little Pong Pong from DDE...they shipped super fast by the way ordered Friday, arrived Monday...

Anyway. I've seen tons of pics of this little cutie, but when I got mine I was quite surprised to find him quite devious and smirking in a rather naughty way. Has anyone else had this happen?

Here's the cheeky li'l monkey...

[​IMG]

7. I guess it depends on the face up. I have seen pongpongs who were cute but I have seen evil ones as well. (the evil ones freak me out because I actually hate clowns, lol)

8. Darthmermer- Your Pongpong is hilarious! :)

9. He is a devious one! Bless him, he's so cute!!

10. I totally understand why Pukis are so popular--you have a combo of great posability and a lot of fun optional parts in a very small cute package. Plus, having lots of owner pics around makes the decision making easier, since people considering a puki will have a very good idea of how they can look and what can be done with them. Fairyland also has a good reputation.

I've always hesitated buying teeny tinies, because I'm afraid I won't bond with them. However, I got very close to giving in and buying a puki. Maybe someday I will take the plunge, but whether I ever by one for myself or not, I really admire their design.

11. I think pongpongs only look evil when they have a face up and are bald.. It must be the eye brows.. o.o

12. it's the eyebrows that do it for me lol

13. Even with a wig he looks devious. I think I'm going to have to name him Nefarious...or Neffy for short.

Bawahahaha.

DMM :kitty2

14. I wouldn't say no to a Puki. They are so full of attitude it's a wonder their seams don't burst.

15. Absolutely. I am totally in love with her. I have taken photos of her but haven't had a chance to post them. I just wish she would tell me her name.

Tina

16. I am thinking I need a Sugar. I just wish there was a full set available right now or that DDE had a basic with a sleeping face with a face up. I think I would probably order on the spot.

Sounds like we like the same ones.

I just don't want Pipi to be lonely.

Tina

17. I think you have exactly described their attraction.

Tina

18. It's going to be weird having a Basilah Amir in the crowd...I got a NS Puki Pipi in a trade which I'm using for the body.

19. Pukis weren't my first choice for tinies (I thought they were just toooo cutsie!) but having been converted by some owner pics of Pipi, I took the plunge and I adore Pipi/Izzy and am finding myself thinking about a Flora or a Piki to make it in to a boy (have no tiny boys yet!). I think part of their appeal lies in the amazing engineering of the joints (realistic poseability as previously said) they just do what you ask them to do and stay there (unlike any of my other tinies, pre pipe cleaner insertion!) I have often wondered about the point of the various and many doll joints if they don't quite work. Also the flexibility with changing their parts and their availability. I don't care about fads, I just buy what I love. On a personal note for me they are a dream to design clothes and shoes for.

20. The Pukis finally won me over. I'd resisted them for a long time since I don't collect child dolls, my only other child is Not Doll Lucy. But I kept seeing them over & over & those precious little faces grew on me until I just had to bring one home.

One of the main reasons I like them is that their faces are so full of character & expression. I prefer dolls that aren't simply pretty or cute. Now the Pukis are cuter than can be but they also have tons of personality. Being popular or not has never had an influence on what I buy, the doll has to speak to me & capture my heart. I have some of the popular molds but also quite a few uncommon ones. Most of my dolls are SD size but there's a little group of mainly mature tinies too.

While they may well be a fad, I think most owners are attracted to their amazing posing ability, the variety of different parts available & the fact that they're so reasonably priced. How can you go wrong with such a combo?