1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Puki popularity, something new?

Mar 15, 2008

1. No kidding, they are simply wonderful. When they first came out and even many months afterward I had no idea they were popular. I was looking for a kitty faced dollie and boom, there were the Pukisha. Now with the larger ones, "Little Fees" coming out, I've already ordered one since I was so impressed with the Puki.

I just hope the Little Fee hold up to my high hopes for them.

DMM (Owner of the Pong Pong, the Puki Most Evil...)

2. I think pukis are pretty adorable! I do admit that a LOT of people have them, but it's definitely not unheard of to have a lot of a particular doll here [like Els xD There's so many of them, but I still hate them.] The mold that I really prefer, however, has to be Flora. None of the others really make me want one...

3. It does seem to have taken off though, in a big way. I liked Pukis, but not Pipi or Piki, so when I saw Cupid I knew that was the Puki for me. I wouldn't get one just to have one though, they're so small, if you don't absolutely love them I think you'd do nothing with them.

4. I find it interesting to see everyone's personal opinions.

I agree with whoever it was that said it's just like those who have been Soom'd and wait eagerly for every new monthly limited from them... or those who adore the Bambicronies and collect them with a passion... If the dolls speak to you, then it isn't "jumping on a bandwagon", it's agreeing with everyone to whom the dolls speak to!

I don't think many people in the BJD hobby jump on a bandwagon every time they see it go by... if we did, we'd all be broke as holy hobo, Batman!

5. I too got mylil Miyuki from DDE All the girls stuff on DDE if INSTOCK ship and arrive within 2 business days! I had originally wanted the Puki Pipi (which I still plan on getting) but when I ordered it they no longer had her Instock, so I was like well I gotta have one NOW. So I order the lil puckisha which I liked but it looked a bit weird....lol but when she arrived and then when I got her wig and clothes and puckisha set, which came the day after her cause they didn't have it in stock til the day after, it was too kawaii!!!! I fell in love. i was sooo happy I got her. But I didn't realize THIS many people loved the puki's I saw them and fell in love THAN realized how popular. So I think with these lil ones it is more of a if YOU like them not what everyone else thinks. That would just be a waste of money. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6. Me and a friend got ours when the first released. I will now have 4. Two are in transit. I have owned a Pocket Fairy, Lati yellow's regular and SP, Lati White, Narsha, Pippitian, Bambi Crony, Yo's and puki's. Yo's and puki's are the only one's I have kept. Not for being popular, but for how I like the feel of the doll. And I will one day own a Little Fee to. Popular or not, I think I've been through enough to know what I like. And I have to admit posing is a really big deal to me. And while the Little fee's will pose better than the yo's, my yo's are special to me.

7. Owning both a puki AND a littlefee, I can easily say that the popularity of these guys is just as much on their versatility and poseability as anything else.

...though, I do admit, I like to spread the puki love. I've got a few friends who're going to be getting their first bjds... pukis... because of my own. Does that mean they're jumping on the bandwagon? Or does that mean that they can see how wonderful these guys really are, first-hand? You decide!

8. I would think they agree with you that Puki's are AWESOME! lol cuz they are a lot of money to just spend because you had one. lol

9. I've only been keeping a close eye on things in the bjd world for a bit more than a year. I remember seeing the pukis and being like... O___O NEED!!!! I'm not a fad person at all, although, given the talkative and awesome puki community, I guess I can see where someone would get a puki over another tiny they liked equally to be a part of the group. I think the pukis earn their popularity. They are, as people have said, amazing, innovative dolls with great personality, especially in person. Is it a fad? Well... People buy dolls, play with them, and then sell them after a while all the time. I don't think pukis will turn out any different than usual in this turnaround. You just see more in the marketplace because so many people have them.