1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PUPAPA "Quino" 25.5cm discussion Part 1

Mar 30, 2010

1. congrats Giggy. she sure is cute.

2. OMG! So cute!!

Are the leg joints wonky or do the legs just stand funny?

3. It's more that the legs stand funny, they're an oddly curvy shape and she's pigeon-toed. (It's cute though!) The knee joints work well.

Giggy, the sleepy faceplate is my favourite. I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but there's something very sweet and ethereal about it.

Here she is standing next to a Bambicrony Isabelle, which is MSD-sized.

[​IMG]

4. I got my Orchis, too, without customs fees *party* Here's her temporary look. She'll have Giggy's faceup and tibetan lambskin wig and very pale blue eyes in the future.
      [​IMG]

5. Our girls are ready (at least almost :D)

[​IMG]

They have faceups only on one faceplate both. The one on the left is Uninu's Sade and the girl on the right is mine called Usva. :) I still have to paint lots of their faces... (4...) D:

6. iggy, Uninu, very cute! Congratulations on their arrival.

My Muse

[​IMG]

7. I got them!! They are so amazingly cute! I can't wait to paint her!

[​IMG]

8. Hey guys~

I unexpectedly bought a blank Viccia last night when I realized her $130 price was only temporary lmao

I can't wait to get her and paint her up~

For those who opted out on the seam-sanding, how bad are the seams?

9. Eevee- The seams are rather bad unfortunately. But they aren't anything I feel compelled to do anything about immediately. The thing is she's so small the seams are more apparent than on a larger doll.

But congratulations! Bad seams and all I just lover my Viccia! She's a fun little doll! You can see some pics of my girl here http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ew-face-)-Pupapa-Quino-Viccia&highlight=quino

babytarragon- You should succumb! I have to say I think I would be a little annoyed if I'd paid the full price for her. She is very much an artist doll and is a bit rougher around the edges than the average doll. But for $130 she is an absolute steal and tons of fun!

And for the curious the Dollmore fashion doll high heel shoes sort of worked out! Just not the open toes. Her highheel feet aren't curved enough. But she can cram her feet into the closed shoes.

10. The resin isn't as shiny as I thought it would be but a full sanding sounds like a good idea.

11. Pupa Paradise sells shoes specficially for Quiino, but they're all sneakers or boots.
      Mine's wearing regular Yo-SD shoes with the toes stuffed since her feet are quite smaller.

Also is anyone having problems with their's standing or sitting normally?
      I know they're bow-legged but my girl's legs just want to twist backwards.

I think I may need to suede and wire, and possibly change the elastic.

12. Yeah, they are terrible with the crazy legs! I would definitely wire them! I'm too chicken to do it myself LOL! But I may see if I have some moelskin around- I'm almost out.

The Dollmore 17 fashion doll high heel shoes sort of almost fit... but I haven't tried the others, the ones they have on their Lukias. I bought shoes from Pupapa for them, bet yeah, its all converse looking tennies.

And OMG! I still need to paint my Orchis!! Maybe I can to a quickie face-up on her tomorrow! I have like two other half finished dolls already though...

13. Thanks for the reply on the shoes! I've actually been using Yo-sized shoes too, but had hoped I could get some heels somewhere~ She's the only doll I own with high heel feet, I want some shoes! :laughs: The slightly over-sized look of the Yo shoes is pretty cute though. I actually hadn't thought to stuff the toes with tissue, so I may be stealing that idea ^_~

I haven't had too much trouble with my little one sitting or standing (yet), but I had planned to recruit a friend to help me wire her anyway.

14. My Quino.

[​IMG]

:)

[​IMG]

15. Here is my Viccia Liliy :)

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

Her wig is too big here T__T I'm awesome and bought the wrong one, hahaha.

Where is everyone getting wigs? Been thinking of trying to snag a mohair one off of etsy, due to lack of being able to find options.

17. In new wig.

[​IMG]

... and with new "pet" :)

[​IMG]

18. Does anyone know of any slim-body resin matches for these cuties?

I sold my Viccia some time ago but I still love her face, but her body was the reason I ended up selling her.

19. I'm saddened by the lack of activity in this thread! Does anyone have any insight into why these little dolls were never very popular? They've tempted me since their release, and I was finally able to suck it up and take a chance. I purchased a fullset Orchis, and I'm very excited about painting all her little faces!