1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

PUPAPA "Quino" 25.5cm discussion Part 1

Mar 30, 2010

1. None of the 1/6 BJDs seem wildly popular, so I think it's mainly just the scale. She's a quirky little doll, but very charming!

2. That makes sense to me, there doesn't really seem to be a big market for these little ones. Well, I hope more people will give these little ones a chance, they really don't need very much work to be perfect! I've posted a joint modification tutorial and a photoshoot of my new little one painted and posing. :) I'm totally enchanted by this sweet little doll!

[​IMG]
      IMG_0064 by rykaan, on Flickr

3. I've loved these dolls since they came out, but I'll admit that it's the size that has deterred me from buying one. They have pretty heads for other sizes too, but I just find the 1/6 girls so charming! I love Viccia's normal eyed face. *_* I really hope to see more of these girls....

4. Rykaan, your Orchis is stunning~ I've been trying so hard not to want to buy both of these girls and you are not helping T___T She's so darn cute~

And thank you for that tutorial! I have a feeling I'm going to borrow my friend's dremel and give it a try <3

5. I can join this thread now! :D I have a Viccia fullset on order (I opted for a faceup on the normal faceplate). I'm a tad bit concerned about her having a hard time standing, but my dolls are usually in a seated position most of the time. Would sueding help much?

6. Personally, I think sueding would impede posing more than it would help. Maybe, MAYBE, some hot glue in the ankles would help, because their poor engineering is what makes standing untrustworthy. Their general weight distribution and engineering is what makes standing difficult. Although, all these issues mean that when they DO stand, it's a silly little pose just bursting with character. :)

7. Lol thanks! :D I did see pictures of them standing and I thought it was adorable! :lol: I'll be super careful with her until I get used to her.

8. Rykaan, did you order your girl in early April of this year? I'm asking because I only got an automated response confirming my order. I've never ordered from them before so I was a little nervous about what the actual ordering process and wait time with this company is like (I'm assuming it might be fairly quick since these dolls are a bit uncommon so they may not be swamped with orders). :)

9. guls207, all of the Dreamscreator Quino dolls are already manufactured and just waiting in the shop to be purchased. My sweet little Modi was shipped about two weeks after I paid, and she arrived about a week after that! It was very, very fast. :)

I finally painted Modi's open-eyed face, and her new horns arrived today! Since Oka stole the antennae she was originally going to have, I had to order her a new pair. Modi's sweet little antlers are just too PREEEECIOUS!

[​IMG]
      IMG_0478 by rykaan, on Flickr

10. *squeeeee* OMG I love how the new antlers look on Modi! :D The old antennae were cute too but I really love how she looks with these! Her faceup and eyes are absolutely darling! :D

I ordered my girl with a faceup so I think she might take a bit longer than 2 weeks but it's really cool that the dolls are in stock! 0_0 I already have eyes and a wig ready along with some clothes to try out, but knowing my luck, she'll get home and change everything anyway! :lol:

11. Wow I guess my prediction for 2+ weeks was off...I just got my shipping notice! :D 5 calendar days with a faceup! I guess that 5 day "wait" was just for painting and packing! :D My tracking number is also working on the USPS website so I'm guessing 5-7 days for delivery (the package has already left Hong Kong so it can't be too long now).

12. Aaah, wonderful!! :) That's so exciting. I know my girl took a while to leave China, so it might be a few days longer than usual EMS shipping. Still super fast in the realm of dolly wait times!

13. Greetings!
      I finally finished make-up for Ritha's open-eyed face, and want to show her :roll:
      [​IMG]

She's very cute and naughty girl :D
      [​IMG]
      DSCN1451 by _Shia_, on Flickr
      [​IMG]
      DSCN1467 by _Shia_, on Flickr

14. Awwww, Likanta!! Your Ritha is so adorable. She's precious, but she's certainly not lacking in sass either! What a dear. <3

15. rykaan, thanks ^_^
      I'm glad you liked her.

16. OMG! What cute clothes!!!

17. Hey guys! So I've had my Viccia for 2 weeks now (and I love her). I was wondering, does anyone else's girl feel...plasticy? Her head definitely feels like resin, but the body is very light (which is expected for a doll this small), but it has a slippery yet toothy feel to it...a lot like a toothy ABS plastic doll (like Pullip/Dal). Does anyone else's doll feel like this? 0_0

18. I ordered an Orchis fullset this weekend! Being spoiled by Minifees, I'm a teensy bit apprehensive about the posing, but I think her adorable-ness will make up for it. Still, I feel as excited for her as I did with my first doll!

19. Chehime, thanks :) That's Kurhn's clothes.

I don't tnink that Quino made from the same plastic as Pullip - it seems to me that Quino's material is more rough and more dense. Maybe, that's not regular resin, yes, but it doesn't look like plastic for me. :roll:

AnimePudding, oh, nice! :) I hope your Orchis will arrive fast ^_^

20. Mine feel like resin, the same resin for the head and the body. But maybe you got a shinier resin that set a little differently than the others. I'm not sure...