1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pygmalion Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. Um, have I offended you? I just sended a photo comparison, yes the photo is not good, but I wrote post at work, not home, and can't make better quality photo on pro-camera. It does not mean that I do not understand, that skintones other companies don't match 100%. I wasn't going to make this hybrid. I did this photo at the request of my friend. For me this comparison is absolutely not work, head needs to be toned and strongly blush, and not everyone make-up artist will taking up this work. If anyone think is not difficult and ok comparison - I'm truly happy for him, but I know there are people who will not satisfied with it. I just wanted to warn. So what's the problem and the essence of your claim?

2. Hello everyone, just a heads up on those who were wondering when the next ordering period will be opening.
      Pygmalion is having a lot of health issues right now and I'm encouraging her to take some time off and get some tests done at a hospital but she's really insistent on finishing up all the orders on hand before doing so.
      Her doll exhibition with Kim TaeGi 'SUN' also opened up recently so she's been really busy / no sleep / skipping meals.
      Due to all of this, she said she will be opening up an ordering period soon but will have to delay the shipping of the orders within the new ordering period so she has some extra time to work (all current orders will be shipped out according to plan).
      We ask for your kind understanding and I'll definitely give you a heads up here / facebook / our mailing list with any news.

3. I hope she finds time to take care of herself and feel better! Some self-care sounds would do her a world of good!

4. Hi there I've been lurking this thread for ages. The last ordering period for a while is coming up, anyone planning on snagging a head? I've been umming and ahhing for months but I've decided I -need- a Ha head in my life! One of the most beautiful sculpts I've seen.

5. I'm considering ordering a Robin head but I'm really not a fan of floating heads. I don't know when I'll be able to get him a body. :sigh
      But he's sooo handsome :lol:

6. I just know I don't want to miss this order period since there will be a long hiatus afterwards :)

7. Hi Pygmaliondoll fans! <3

My Ha just got a body! :) He doesn't have a face but I just had to show him off xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the DT17 body! Much lighter and poses better than the DT18 one. (Which had been my first choice) I've heard the they're remaking the DT18 body this year though. Might be interesting news for people here :)

Also I saw some people here talking about the Angell Studio body not matching in colour, they do resin matching if asked, it's 50$ (I think) and you have to send them the head cap for reference. So that might be an option for those that want the tan colours.

I have a bunch of comparison photos on my Flickr with Pygmaliondoll heads on different bodies and some resin matches if anyone might need.

8. Oh that hybrid is gorgeous!! Congrats!

9. His proportions work so well!

10. Thank you everyone for helping us out with resin color matching. I know that DT oriental skin sort of matches Volks NS. So it appears Dollstown oriental skin does not match too well Pygmalion's white skin either judging from the photos in this thread. In fact I have Pygmalion white skin heads and the resin match to Volks NS is similar to how Pygmalion WS would match DT oriental skin (if that makes any sense) Head is still a bit pink for both matches =T

11. @Izam Pygmaliondoll white is a little bit pinker than Dollstown oriental but the difference is really small, with a face-up you won't see it at all or leave the head out in the sun for a bit to get rid off some of the red pigments. Here's a direct comparison :)

[​IMG]

12. @Sackielc William looks so so so lovely!!!! I'm so happy you have him on a body ^__^ I can't wait to see more!

13. Thank you for the photo. Your photo the color difference isn't so bad but jack_sea's photo the color difference looks more major. In other words I guess I have to see for myself since I ordered DT 17 year old body in oriental skin XP

14. Thank you for the color comparison!

15. Hello, Is there a post / pictures to Pygmalion sand beige colormatch? I would like to have the original Pygmalion Body for my Ha head, but in the EU there is no dealer for the body (customs are too expensive). So unfortunately only a hybrid version remains to me. Im really sad about that, because the original Pygmalion Body fits proportional/colormatch perfectly for the Heads.
      Any advice for a sand beige colormatch? And a Body with good proportions? (Impldoll Idol seems not bad in proportion for Ha, but no idea about the tan colormatch.)

16. I'm finally getting around to posting pics of my Robin on the Impldoll Star Body. Heads up for anyone looking to hybrid - the neck was too long but after sanding it down I really like the proportions (I ended up taking about 1.2 cm off of the neck)! For some reason I completely forgot that Impl does color matching?? So I dyed the body (the match irl is closer I promise lol) to match the warm ivory.

Here's a before/after; this was my first time doing any sort of modding at all, but I had fun! :XD:
      [​IMG]

17. You did great on the color match

18. What a great hybrid, I like the proportions with a shorter neck.
      May I ask you what you used to dye the body?

19. Hello, I tested my Pygmalion Ha on Impldoll Star and Impldoll Idol. In the Star Body the neck is too immobile the head posture is rather rigid. The Idol Body fit it perfectly and the proportions are good.
      Here is a comparison. on my flickr album
      @scoodi How did you dye the body? with airbrush? looks good!

20. Hello! May I use your comments and link to your post / picture for the Pygmalion Compatibility chart?
      Thank you! :D