1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pygmalion Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. He definitely looks awesome! That body might work really well with smaller / more feminine heads such as Chen and Lavier as well. May I use your impressions and link to the pictures on the Pygmalion Compatibility chart?
      Thanks!

2. @Smol_Chim Thanks!! My phone tends to emphasize the yellows in the dye but I'm glad it looks decent.

@christinopia @bebidolls Thanks! I used Rit DyeMore. I did it in 2 separate color baths - one was the color Apricot Orange (plus a tiiiiiny bit of Super Pink), and the second was Sandstone. You'd totally be able to just do it all at once though and combine the colors, I just had no idea what I was doing so I was adjusting the color after disliking the way the first one came out. I recommend dipping paper towels in the pot to see what color you're getting as it's pretty much what you're going to get on the resin.

@hisuida Absolutely! :)

3. Thanks so much! Is the dying even all over the parts or is it painful to get an even color?

4. He actually turned out very even! My biggest recommendation is to have a bucket of room temp or cold water next to the dyeing pot, and as soon as you take the piece out of the dye, to dip it into the water to rinse off the excess dye. I still had to do some dabbing on the resin with a magic eraser for some tiny dots of dye, but tbh they just look like skin texturing - pretty subtle.

Also, I don't know if this makes it harder or easier, but I did each piece one at a time so that I could concentrate on keeping them submerged completely and the same amount of time (when I did the sandstone it was one minute per piece).

5. Thanks so much for all these infos, they're very usefull! I do think you archived a great result, congrats!

6. No problem! :) It was a really satisfying process.

7. I haven't posted my Ha here yet, but a couple of weeks ago, his body arrived and I am so in love :love This is Brex, my wolf boy.
      I still want to get him ears/tail sometime or at least ears, and some tattoos I have planned, but he's just amazing!! I have more on my flickr too.
      [​IMG]

8. @Ravenwolf Very beautiful! Does he have fangs? It does not seem to me?
      What is the skinton, and what body? Looks good.

9. Hi @KirinO17 Thank you! Yes I had a friend sculpt some fangs onto his mouth piece. They
      are kind of subtle and a little hard to see in some light, but I like it. I got him the Angell-studio 74cm body after
      hearing a lot of good things about it and seeing some other Pygmalion heads on that body. I got the Sand Beige
      Ha, and I had AS color match. They were really amazing about that!!

10. @Ravenwolf Perfect body choice, congratulations! Fangs of good size. It turns out a gentle wolf. :love

11. Wow! He is GORgeous!!!!!! Congrats! I think I'd stare at him all day!

12. :frownyblush: Sorry! I'm so dispelled. I`m again forgot, Sand Beige match withe light tan Angelsdoll or normal Angelsdoll?

As an apology
      [​IMG]Lex/Lee by Kato Berg, on Flickr

13. @chalyss Thank you! It's so hard not to ^_^
      @KirinO17 Yes it was Angell-studio and I did a color matching service. Your boy is beautiful btw!

14. @Ravenwolf OMG!!! hes so beautiful!! :love:love
      Oh please ,let it rain moooneyyy!! I want for my Ha an 74 Angellstudio Body too.

15. @bebidolls Thank you!!! Aww yes he is great on that body!! I hope you are able to get one ^_^

16. Is it possible to see fuller pics of him? Like full bodied ones?

17. @chalyss I took more pics I just haven't edited them all yet, I'll have to see if I have any full body ones in any of them or not ^_^

18. OK, thanks! He is soooooooo dreamy!