1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pygmalion Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. @KirinO17 Your Eita is so pretty, I hope you can find him a suitable body soon. I know some BJD companies will do custom resin-colour for a small extra fee to match heads, maybe something to consider? :3

@Mahgiep Ahhh thank you so much for sharing the photo of Hana next to the SD head- that's very interesting to see! I do think my Hana will look slightly odd next to most of my other BJDs because of her realism, but who cares hehe^^ Her eyes are so tiny tho (like Eita), I hope I can get her proper eyes >< The name you decided on for your Hana, SooAh, is very cute- I'm excited to see what your Hana will look like with the custom face up :3

2. I just bought a Pygmalion body! I know exactly zero about the quality and poseability but was so excited to see it offered that I hit the button. Can anyone comment and fill me in?

3. @Mahgiep I don't know much about Pygmalion's body, but I was excited to see this ordering period! I picked up a Kyle and Robin head in White, with hopes of eventually hybriding them on Dollshe Mystic bodies in Pure Oriental (hopefully the resins haven't shifted a great deal from 2019, it looked like a 98% match).

4. Oh yes! I am so curious about the color match. But I know about the Dollshe waiting times personally!

5. I gambled too and bought the body with Eita head. I tried to find info or owner pics of the body yesterday but didn't come up with any. But I really like how the body looks! And I've been wanting Eita for ages, so at least he won't be a floating head. If someone has any info on the body I'd be interested to hear!

Really liked the new Mathew head too, but can't buy them all :sweat

#685 starsonthewindowsill, Jun 5, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    6. I love doing faceups on Pygmalion sculpts! I never know how they will turn out and they always are beyond my expectations.

7. I really like the Pygmalion bodies! I have my box opening from them here-- full bodies and all!
      The body is really great. Both bodies came wired last time-- and they hold literally every pose I put them in. I did have to figure out posing a little bit-- the legs were really different than I was used to. They're engineered to literally be able to stick their leg out at a 90 degree angle-- not that I'd want to do that haha-- and when sitting, there's little notches the leg can click into. I was unaware of the notch (and didn't use it in my box opening hahaha), but they sit 1000 times easier once you realize it's there. This Pygmalion guide (which also shows off the body) really helped me. Size-wise, they definitely feel on level with my Venitu and Idealians. They're big boys.
      Here's a great video someone did of opening a full body Ha on the Sand Beige skin. It's also pretty accurate for what color Sand Beige is in person-- I feel like most pictures don't accurate capture it.

Hope this helps anyone considering getting the body/anyone who already ordered! I'm considering maybe putting another Pygmalion boy on layaway, I love them so much. Anyway, I'm surprised they're still in stock. They usually sell out so fast. But this was really late notice for this event hahah! I'm glad she gave the 10% off though. It's really making me think about it.

8. Thank you so much, this was really helpful! <3 Nice to hear that the body is great.

9. Phew! I'm so glad I got one! Yay!

10. Happy to help! I'm actually really surprised they're still bodies available. They usually sell out within the first hour.

11. My Poor Daiichi is still without a body..

[​IMG]

Does anyone happen to have photos of Eita on a regular SD 60cm body (Volks, Little Monica, Loongsoul etc)? I know such bodies are not recommended for Pyg heads, but I'm thinking of getting a 60cm for my Eita head- but would love to see beforehand how bad/good a match it would be before ordering >< Thanks in advance!! :daisy

12. He's soooo handsome! My Eita should be send at the end of the month and if still needed I could take a pic with a 62cm Myou doll body when he arrives. That's the closest to 60cm boy body I have. I hope you find a great body for him!

13. Sorry nobody here under 69cm. I only have had my Eita on my Arsene body (69cm) and now on a Loongsoul 73cm body (I took off the ankle pieces so 72cm). His neck hole is rather big for a 60cm and the neck would be very skinny looking I'd guess.

14. I have a Robin head I could try on some smaller bodies, but he's a big head, so I think he'd be bobble headed. Eita may not be so large. He's gorgeous!

15. @starsonthewindowsill Thank you, I appreciate it :3 I hope your Eita will travel to you FAST! You won't be disappointed in this sculpt, that's for sure- it's a lovely sculpt and sooo realistic as well :3
      @Mahgiep I only own SD girl bodies myself- but I know that some of the SD 60cm'ish boy bodies have neck sizes that are 10.5cm, so I was secretly hoping it'd maybe work? Dolls larger than regular SD sizes are just too much resin for me to handle :sweat
      @chalyss Thank you so much- it does seem like Eita is one of the smaller sized Pygmaliondoll heads (compared to the other Pyg. boys)- which is why I'm hoping maybe he'd work on a SD boy body. My poor boy is currently borrowing a SD DZ girl body with a petite 9cm neck- way too thin and he therefore has to constantly wear a scarf to cover how wrong the neck size is ;P

[​IMG]

16. Perhaps an IOS 60cm would work for you- it's a well muscled body and small, in my opinion.

17. @chalyss The IOS 60 body is one I have been considering :3 Miracledoll just released a slender 60cm boy body with a neck that's supposed to be around 11cm, so that's another one I have on my 'maybe list'. The main problem with many of the 60cm boy bodies is the fact that the neck sizes are just too thin >< Haha it sucks sometimes trying to create hybrids :?

18. Hybrids are tough that way, true! But you get something so unique! Is Eita also a 12cm neck hole?

19. @chalyss Very true! I feel Eita is more of a 11cm'ish neck hole. I had purchased him a Dollshe mystic body- which has a 12.5cm neck- and the neck on that body was too big imho.

20. OK! 11-10.5cm neck is easier to find in the size you want than a 12cm neck, so there's that. Even a 10cm neck would work, just fill the neck hole with some hot glue if the mobility needs assistance. I'd love to see what you end up with! Another possibility is a DF-A body. newclover-singing.com tends to have some great sales.