1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pygmalion Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. My Eita works well on the Loongsoul 11.5cm neck and Arsene 12.5cm. Not sure why!

2. @chalyss Thank you :3 I'm not too familiar with DF-A, so I will look into the bodies they have available. I have been eyeing the Iplehouse nYID male body also, but I can't really figure out HOW big it is next to a regular SD 60cm boy body? :huh?:

3. @Mahgiep Loongsoul always make such lovely bodies- they pose so well also! I'm not familiar with the Dollshe Arsene body- but the Dollshe Mystic body was not the best match for my Eita >__<

4. I ordered 2 Mystic bodies on my Dollshe’s I’m waiting for, then got a secondhand Arsene and switched both bodies to Arsene. So glad I did. Almost all my head collection fit on Arsene!

5. nYiDs are 63cm, I believe... about there and lean. That's be fairly close to what you want, just not sure how they'd pair together.

6. @chalyss Someone was very, very kind to post photos of Eita on the nYid body earlier in this thread and the proportions seem Ok and the neck is about 11cm which is a good size for Eita :3 But from what I understand the YID bodies are bigger overall compared to regular SD 60cm bodies and therefore a pain in the butt to find clothes for?

7. That's a good question- I have never had that kind of body before, so can't say either way. @fishcake, can you shed some light on that, please?

8. @chalyss I have been Google searching like a madwoman, trying to find comparison photos of an Iplehouse YID boy body next to a 'regular' SD boy body, but without luck. Looking at measurements the YID torso especially seems much more buff compared to most SD bodies... :huh?: PS: Just took a look at your profile, what an amazing collecting of dolls you own- wow!! :love

9. What SD body are you familiar with? I have a Narin, Dollmore Theo and an old Soom Gem body that I might be able to take a picture with. I am notoriously bad at actually getting pictures taken!

10. I am scouring for you as well! I do have a friend I can tap for this (not sure how much Fishcake is watching the DOA boards these days, so I can ask her directly) and I did find this post for you... not sure it'll be of help, but maybe:
      Granado Jupiter Head on a Iplehouse NYID Body

(I actually have that head now and forgot to add the doll to my list! Thanks! I do so love getting bodies from that company and heads from this and seeing how they're all engineered and what their resins look like. Hybridding is a passion! But also a frustration. And I have waaaaaaaaaay too many dolls with more coming in. I have a serious problem, I think. Sadly, never had an nYiD boy body!)

11. Is this the boy body? They are pretty close to the new Soom boy body but they have bigger butts :D I don't have my NYID boy any more so I can't measure--the tops of whatever fit them, but the hips and waist need to be a little larger. As a body it's fine, a little stiff to pose. Biggest problem is that to hybrid you will need almost always to grind down the neck.
      (Chalyss I owe you a huge email at least!)

12. @nancy_schroeder_ca I'm familiar with the old Soom Gem body, so if you have the time and energy then a comparison photo of your Soom doll and your YID boy would be very, very much appreciated!! Thank you so much in advance! :kitty2

@chalyss Thank you so much for your help! I love the excitement of getting a new doll, so I too buy more dolls than I probably should! But oh the thrill of getting a new doll- it's so lovely (even if the bank account doesn't agree!) But I guess there's much worse things to spend money on than dolls :sweat

@fishcake Thank you for your information about the YID body needing to have some neck mods in order to work as a hybrid- that's good to know :3

13. @fishcake Whee! It was weirdly awesome to see your avatar up there again! Like a homecoming! Thanks for the info and I owe you a whole package!

@Lotte Rotten, I tell myself all the time to justify my habit! Hey, could be cocaine or something, right? (but the smell of new resin gives me a thrill, so maybe it IS my drug of choice. ;) )

14. @chalyss Ahhh the smell of new resin IS lovely, isn't it?^^ Whenever I get a new doll, I take out my big boxes with spare wigs & eyes and spend hours trying on wigs/eyes on the new dolly. The whole 'getting to know the new doll' and trying to figure what suits the doll is so much fun^^ I guess these dolls are sort of an addiction- because it seems difficult to stop buying new ones!! >< I sort of want to stop bringing home new ones, but part of me also really want to just continue the hunt for the next pretty dolly that will make my heart beat faster haha :sweat

15. @Lotte Rotten I just got customs clearing notice for my Pygmalion order today.
      With some luck I may get Robin and Kyle heads next week. I planned to try Robin on nYID body myself. Unfortunately I don't have any other SD bodies to compare.
      I got clothes for Oscar (Iplehouse nYID) from different shops, usually SD17 size fits him, jeans and sleeves may be a bit too long though.
      I can take a comparison photo of nYID next to Spriritdoll proud body (70cm), they share jeans and some semi-fitted tops.

I have Arsene body (69cm) ordered for Kyle, but it could be ages before it arrives from Mr.Dollshe.

16. My Pygmalion doll heads all look good on Arsene but lately I like them on Loongsoul 73cm bodies although I always take off the ankle piece to make them 72cm.

17. Kyle and Robin arrived home yesterday! Kyle is mine, while Robin was purchased by @Kalli - however, since I put their order on my account to combine the shipping, both CoA's have my name on them (our other dolls don't have CoA's made out to us specifically, they just have the doll's details from the company). I'm vaguely wondering if Pygmalion might be willing to change Robin's CoA to list Kalli as the owner - has anyone run into this before?

Ultimately I know it doesn't matter much, but even so. Robin's her boy. <3

Pygmalion sent along snacks with the doll heads! The Korean cakes and gummies were tasty - better than American junk food!

[​IMG]

18. Oh good sign! I hope this means my body might be on the way!

19. @AyameM I hope your Pygmalion order will arrive soon *fingers crossed for you* :3 Thank you for your kind offer to take photos of the Iple nyid body next to Spriritdoll proud body- it's very sweet of you! I'm not super familiar with 70cm bodies, but I'd still be happy to see comparison photos- for some reason it's very difficult to find photos of the nyid body next to any other bodies :S

20. In case anyone is curious, here's photos of the PygmalionDoll x 357partment female HANA head as I received the head I ordered a week ago (face up by me). This is a really interesting head and actually looks quite unisex so would make a cute boy ;)
      I decided not to keep the head tho- so it's already on it's way to a new owner :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]