1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pygmalion Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. @hisuida - I'm curious about the same matter as @Izam above. A few years ago I purchased a Kyle and Robin head through the website in white resin (their arrival photo is posted earlier in this thread), but I no longer have the original containers they came with. I have their certificate cards, but the reference id numbers were an additional proof and measure against counterfeit dolls. (And, although I intend to keep them, the doll's ids was an additional thing a potential buyer could check to ensure their authenticity.)

2. In the mailing list email sent out, it said: “After all the orders are completed, all after-service and support will stop. All the master molds will be destroyed. The website will be closed including the authentication website, though you may email us to confirm authenticity which we reserve the right to stop without warning at any time.”

3. Thanks @Kurosakura, as the email stated, all of the website operations will stop after all the orders are sent out.
      However, I personally plan on supporting authentication as long as possible, so feel free to email us at [email protected] as we will still maintain the ordering / authenticity information database as long as we can.

4. Your boys are so beautiful!
      I'm tempted to buy a head Ha. But I have a problem. In terms of aesthetics, I like the Iplehouse bodies (SID or EID model). Does anyone have a Pygmalion head on one of these bodies? I would be grateful for a photo of the whole figure.
      I don't want a body over 70cm. My current boys are between 62-65cm and 70 is the absolute ceiling for me for future boys.

5. I sadly don't have pics to show you but I once tried my pygmalion heads on a SID body and the proportions were really good in general and especially good for the neck and shoulders area!
      the iplehouse bodies always look kinda "shorter" in terms of general proportions (if you know what i mean) but if you like this aesthetic then the match would be perfect for your taste :)

6. @Ho.taru
      Thank you. Do you think the SID neck will need sanding/cutting?

7. in my memory the neck fitted perfectly, no need for sanding or cutting...
      pygmalion heads can go on necks up to 12cm (except Libra who has a smaller neck hole)

8. Can you think of another body for this head? My ideal would be 67-68 cm (muscular type).

9. I can’t speak to it’s compatibility yet, but I’ve ordered a Supia 65cm boy body to use for my future Noah head. Based on the measurements I think it should work out okay. I didn’t want anything huge.

#869 Kurosakura, Apr 17, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    10. I have a Kyle and Robin head from a couple years ago - the Kyle head has a slightly smaller range for sitting on a neck than the Robin sculpt. I found that Kyle didn't look quite right enough for me on Dollshe Mystic or Dollshe Arsene bodies (although Arsene was slightly smaller and could work - nothing a turtleneck or precise angling for pictures couldn't fix). I like a doll's head to fit smoothly though, without the top of the neck jutting at the back or the sides. However, the Robin head fit very nicely on the Arsene body neck - it's a little wider. So I think it depends on the sculpt.

I'm going to get an Angell Studio body for Kyle with a 10.5cm neck, which I think will suit him a lot better than the 11-ish of Dollshe.

11. maybe you can look at DFA and DFH? I think they have 68cm bodies with nice proportions and they do colour matching if you need that :)

12. When I’m in the market for a new/different body, I often go check out the doll parts (bodies) section of LegendDoll.net’s website. Might be worth a browse. The primary downside being that none of the Korean companies are on there, but the Chinese makers are getting better and better with their creations and can be purchased for much less if you’re able to use TaoBao to buy directly from said makers.

#872 Kurosakura, Apr 20, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    13. I second the above. Also, if ordering directly via TaoBao is daunting, Christina at Clover Singing is able to help and I find her fees for coordinating to be very reasonable. (I think she charged 10% last I made an order, but I'm not positive and would have to go back and math the math to check.)

14. When I visit the Pygmalion Doll site, I notice that everything is written in Korean- which I cannot read... is there a link to an English site? :?

15. @Mahgiep Thank you!! :kitty1 By the way, I know you own Libra and I believe you have her on an Iple body? Do you by any chance know if the Libra head would work on a smaller sized SD girl body no taller than 60cm?

16. I don’t think so. I have my Libra on a Dollshe 26F (think Amanda, not Diana). The neck is 10cm. It’s like a male head with a female neck hole.

17. @Mahgiep Thank you for your reply! Most 60cm girl bodies have quite thin necks, so I can see that would probably be a problem. Your Libra girl is lovely btw :daisy

18. Hi! it's me I have Libra on an Iplehouse SID body :XD:
      [​IMG]

sorry for the low quality of the pic :doh

the Libra head is big and fits on most of my boys bodies... I think a small 60cm body doesn't work so well with her (I tried her on my aprilstory girl body and it looked disproportionate)
      even the SID body seems a bit small for her sometimes :sweat
      The dollshe 26F works well for her but it's quite impossible to get one of those now isn't it