1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Quarantine Crafting

Mar 20, 2020

1. I've been working at 200% speed on my dioramas because of the recent events :XD: I can't wait to get them finished and at this rate it will be soon :lol:

2. Lol thanks I'll keep that in mind. I'm using a soft foam for the mattress so we will see once my doll comes in lol

3. A top-layer filled with beads (like a beanbag) works nicely

Teddy

4. I'm considered an essential worker, so no spare time for me. I will, however, have some extra money when this cools down since my company just gave everyone a temporary raise. So there's a silver lining for my dolly stuff. If I do get cut I'll be going headlong into faceup practice. Unfinished ones sadly, since I can no longer get my hands on mask filters, but it's easier to wipe off a practice face with no sealant. ;)

5. Yay!

Teddy

6. No... I'm a procrastinator. :sweat And the disease is a bit exhausting...

7. You're a genius! <3

8. I can't claim any credit for it . It's a trick from the world of dolls house miniatures to get duvets and quilts to drape properly on a bed (where wadding would make them too stiff, a filling of tiny beads allows them to drape). I just applied it to mattresses on a larger scale for BJDs.

Teddy

9. So, I might have left some supply-buying a little late, with all non-essential workers being ordered to remain home and all unnecessary shops told to close, but I've ordered some more bits for another attempt (i.e. a better attempt) at a harness/holster for one of my dolls. Then, there should be enough to try another style harness/holster for another of my dolls. Might as well keep myself busy at home, if I can't go out anywhere...

:sweat:eusa_pray

10. I’m working from home but I have to be able to set down my projects when a call come so I have been trying to do some light face up work and there’s a tiny wig I have to glue together too since my synthetic hair got here from amazon.

11. I hope to get some of my unfinished doll clothes finished, and make more clothes from some of the fabric I bought in December.

12. Someone from my workplace's lunchbreak crafting group has just set us up on something called "Zoom" so we can do today's scheduled Crafting Lunch online... We'll see how that goes.

I've grabbed a couple of unfinished doll projects to work on during the session.

Teddy

13. While I planned for staying home if things got worse, as they did, I neglected to collect all of my sewing supplies from my costume shop before spring break. I'm technically both a professor and staff so I do have building access more so than other professors who aren't allowed on campus right now and can go and collect my things. It's just such a task to do it safely that I'm a bit leery.

When I do get my stuff, even if it is after we are out of lockdown, I want to make some Italian Renaissance clothing for my Limhwa Elly. I made a bunch of human Italian Renaissance clothing last fall for a show so I have a pretty good idea of how to do it at this point. I think it would be super cute on her. All my shows are canceled until September so I have all the time in the world to do personal sewing projects whenever I get my stuff back.

I also want to get some clay so I can sculpt some props for my larger scale dolls because pretty much everything I've made in the past was for 1/4 scale. I really love doing that sort of thing, but so rarely have the time so it'll be nice.

14. Preparing a Jedi outfit for my new doll. We shall see how it'll turn out. =)

15. I started crocheting clothes and bookmaking...The post is closed until sometime next week, so I'm not bothering to order any supplies until it's straightened out. :(

Right now I'm staying home because I'm high risk, so I need to find things to fill the time.

16. In Spain, we are already lockdown (for almost 2 weeks now), so I started practicing wig-making again! I hadn't had time for a while and the quarantine is going to be a perfect time for all those tries and errors. And if the weather improves, I may be able to practice some face-ups too. I'm so glad I has so much supplies before the lockdown started ^w^
      I hope everyone is finding things to do because it can very depressing being at home just staring at the ceiling.

17. I made some clothes for Harriet from my old shirt, prom dress and elastic: Julie on Instagram: “I used what little fabric I had to make Harriet a new dress! #bjd #balljointeddoll #legitbjd #ofbutterfliesnthingspaulette…”

And not doll related, but I'm about halfway through making this quilt: Julie on Instagram: “Its dangerous to go alone. Take this. (Quarantine day 7. Quilt is about halfway done and I ran out of fabric. )”

After this, since I had almost no fabric or craft supplies, my mom dropped off a bag of fabric for me. It's not stuff I'd ever pick for myself, so I'm going to have to get creative in figuring out what to make of it!

18. I've been working on making resin eyes! I bought the supplies in January and only have had time to attempt them due to the quarantine.

19. Sounds like it could be a fun challenge

Teddy

20. Since next week I'm forced to work from home so I'm going to try working with polymer clay. I hope I can manage it.