1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Physical Domuya!

Jul 31, 2005

1. There is no Sato in Tokyo. Tenshi no Sato is only one store in Kyoto. Ever notice that sometimes Y!J has auctions for Sato FCS orders, in Japanese for Japan residents only? That's because even if you live in Japan it's terribly expensive and troublesome to go to the Kyoto store. For me in Tokyo it's about 25,000 yen round-trip by Shinkansen, even though distance-wise the cities are only about as far as, say, New York and Boston. :barf (It's even a problem to take a bus, because they're expensive too, and Japanese buses go about 25 MPH and hit every rest area on the highway so it takes forever... Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, maybe the buses go 40 MPH...)

I can't recall having seen a Sakaki at any of the Tokyo Sumikas. I'm not sure the regular Sumikas ever have Sato dolls even as display models... It was quite annoying when I was considering getting a FCS F-20 because I would have liked to see one IRL to know if it was worthwhile making the trip to Kyoto to place the order, but no luck. (But now I'm glad because it meant I had money ready when Heath was released. :grin: )

2. Thank you so much for the clarification. :) That always confused me(what made a Sato a Sato).

That's actually good that there's no Sakaki... Otherwise I'd be pounding the money on the table and be broke for several months. ~.~;

3. Lol...I took the photos for someone interested in the shoes, who didn't have a mini at the time. ^_^;; I have to say though, that their MSD shoe selection is quite pitiful. Mostly the standard Ajumapama MSD shoes, although I also saw the Dolpa 12 limited brown boots and maybe some other Volks footwear.

MSD wig selection is small, although your dolls should be able to fit the SDC wigs on offer, too.

Definitely not as many nice dolls on display as they used to have. But I guess the experience of going should be worth something in itself. They do have that cute Woori and the sunlight MSD F-08 kid. Otherwise, it's a lot of Happydoll and CH Petits & LEs.

4. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o You know of this?! I'm impress!

Singapore....don't vandalize cars, kay?! Famous case of some crap-for-brain american kid (16? 17?) who graffitied cars and was caught.

he got a lashing taken to his backside....and official punishment by the courts! He worked hard to earn it!

5. You can take an MRT, go to the Orchard MRT station and take the train to Dhoby Ghaut, then change to the purple line to go to Clarke Quay. My advice is just to take a taxi, since its pretty inexpensive ($5?) from the Mandarin to Riverside Point.

Domuya is open on Saturdays, and if you want to be extra sure, just drop Domuya a call/email saying that you'll be coming, I'm sure they'll be open:)

If you want to meet up let us know:D

6. There's one on ebay for a pretty decent price right now :)

Anyways Sakaki was a limited edition for the Volks Kyoto Hometown Dolpa 3, and according to Volks - will not ever be re-released? *weeps for the Sweet Dreams Sakaki*

7. XD;; heh, just being retarded.. anyway, here are the 3 photos i took in Domuya.. A Sleeping Chiwoo head and 2 limited Petite Ais (I believe the sleeping one was sold long ago). <3

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

note.. o_o these are old photos.. a few months back.. X3;;;

8. thanks evildolly! :grin: if any of the Singaporean doll owners can b at Domuya on 20th, i'll b honored to meet u all! XD

i guess taxi is easier then ^^ now lets see if i can drag my sister into this hobby by showing her the shop... XD

9. Hehe, I did a lot of homework on Japanese Ettiquite. Like, don't pass things chopstick to chopstick, don't drown your rice in soy sauce, don't drown ANYTHING in soy sauce, don't point at anyone with chopsticks, ect, ect,... XD, I also know how to fold your kimono so it looks like you're alive(and not dead!) In fact, I fold my bathrobe that way, and if I see any "Asian-inspired" shirt mimicing a kimono fold, and it's the WRONG WAY, I get really peeved about it xDDD

And EVILDOLLY!! I do NOT need Sakaki! *shakes her* Don't TEMPT me! :cry:

Ahhh, what a beautiful sleeping Chiwoo. *le sigh*

ANYWAY. Those who wanted to lurk at Domuya at a chance I might appear there... I'm pretty sure I'm bringing Adelais with me now. BUT. I'm serious, this stop in Domuya is probably 30 minutes. o_o So we Reaaally can't daudle and have a meetup.

My mom has already had flags go up since I've planned in Domuya and Volks, "This isn't going to be all-dolls all-the-time, okay?" O_O So I really don't wanna go there just for dolls... I managed to convince her by saying, "But MOM!! Shipping charges!!! :cry: "

10. If you drop at Clarke Quay area you will still have to walk to domuya, with evildolly's pics though, I'm sure you can find your way :D

Saturdays are usually open, sometimes they close earlier, so best if you call em up first :) Regarding taking a taxi there, not sure what your experiences are, but the taxi drivers sometimes drop you right under domuya, or sometimes they drop you opposite where you have to cross the bridge first.

bluegirlwish if you're too busy to do anything else, at least try the local food :P Domuya is located at Clarke Quay area and there's loadsa food stuff there :)

11. Wow! You're trip sounds so exciting! Just a quick addition that I've had good luck with them understanding English and being able to help me in at the Akihabara Tenshi no Sumika too. It really does help to have the three most used polite phrases in Japanese memorized though:

Sumimasen -- excuse me
      Gomen nasai -- I'm sorry
      Domo arigatou gozaimashite -- thank you very much

Say them a lot and you'll do just fine. Have fun! :grin:

12. Not sure if this info will come in useful but...what the heck :daisy

Opposite Domuya, across the river, is a shopping mall called Liang Court and there's a Kinokuniya bookstore on the third level. They sell some SD related books there, just ask the counter staff if you're interested. There's a pretty good selection of Japanese manga titles at this particular branch too :grin: