1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

questions about Delf limited Woosoo

Jun 14, 2006

1. I just went to the Luts site to do some research. I searched for Elf El on the Q+A board looking for ppl inquiring about the re-release of the elfs before the Christmas announcement. I wanted to see how Luts responded and compare their responses to the re-release that actually happened. All the appropriate topics were however, locked so I wasnt able to find anything real promising. Any other input?

2. This has been asked before and we can't answer it, cause we are not LUTS/CP.
      Sometimes companies destroy limited molds after release so that they can't rerelease them.

And the rerelease of Elf El and Lishe was a bit different, cause they only had one head plus they had the new body so their heads might be slightly different from their first release.

So who knows...they either will or they will not.

Sabriell

3. Woosoo is a limited Delf right?? They only made a certain number of the woosoo dolls.

But if they have done it before, maybe they will;; I wouldnt know;
      IF it was me, I would buy other doll that I had in mind and start saving again.. who knows... woosoo might be back later ;)

4. Even if they will, no one knows WHEN that might happen, maybe in 6 months, maybe in 5 years. And again, if they do, no guarantees that it will be exact same mold (they did change Elf Lishe quite a lot). And even more, if they did, they can make it super limited and it will be almost lucky draw getting one (sold in couple of minutes). Something to think about...

5. I would most likely say yes. I think all the Limiteds might get re-released eventually. It's pretty much a waste of time to ask Luts anything, since most things that they've said no on have gotten released later eventually. In the case of Limiteds it will probably be resculpted, like how the Christmas elves were slightly different sculpts than the originals. That said, I would not be at all surprised if Woosoo or Breakaway were re-released sometime this year.

6. It took them 2 years to re-release a couple of elves, who knows how long it might take them to re-release Woosoo, if ever at all? This may have just been a fluke idea for all we know. They're certainly not notorious for it like Volks are.

7. I am also on the side of 'who knows'. Limiteds were not supposed to be re-released, and... voila! Here they are. BUT -as has been stated above- it is NOT the same mold, but a re-sculpt. If you are in love with the original sculpt, perhaps the re-sculpt wouldn't satisfy you so much? I am not sure... so I wouldn't loose the faith XD.

8. I think it's a matter of time before they rerelease WooSoo.
      I'd expect him to be, like the rerelease of Elf El and Lishe, slightly different in sculpt. It makes sense that the rereleased dolls would look more like their current work.

It's problematic that nobody will get a hint of when it will be, could be next week or two years from now.

I know a lot of people are wondering because they're trying to hedge their bets: paying too much right now vs. a WooSoo rerelease next week normal price vs. WooSoo rereleased next week but he looks different in a way you like or don't like. Messy stuff and there's really no right plan of action.

9. Actually, somebody asked that question recently on the Luts Q&A board; and Luts said that they didn't plan to rerelease Woosoo any time soon.:(

10. Hnn... They didn't say EVER, though... just not in the near future. :|

11. My personal opinion is that, yes, they will eventually release him again. But like Bunny Boo said, even if they do re-release him, how many will they actually make, and would he be that much easier to get a hold of than he is now?

So I would say, if he's the doll you want more than any other right now, take the plunge. But if you've got other dolls on your want list that you like just as much or even more than Woosoo, then put off buying him until later when you're more stable financially. He's hard to come by, but you'll see him again.

12. I remember last year when somebody asked on the Luts Q&A board if and when they had any plans to release a tan Shiwoo and they responded with the "we don't have any plans blah, blah, blah in the near future." Tan Shiwoo was released about 36 hours later.:doh

Im sure they have a policy of not giving release info and saying "they have no plans in the near future" as a standard response. You certainly can't plan and budget based on what they tell you.

13. Yepp..thats was me XD Luts is amazing that way. You *think* you know what they're planning and then...they Wrench it right from under ya! Lol.

14. The only thing that would make me unhappy about a Woosoo re-release is he wouldn't be the original, and he'd be on a type 2 body. :/ I prefer type 1.

15. my guess... is that if they ever re-release woosoo, it might be... woosoo elf or woosoo vamp elf, dreaming woosoo or sleeping wooso no vamp etc or something a bit unusual? :P

(omg woosoo elf. o.o;;; i think i'm gonna break into savings again -.-;;) )

16. Well, I juwst have a couple questions about Cerberus Project's Woosoo mold.

1.) When did they bring the mold out? (What year, and if anyone remembers what month or date *Mostly just looking for the year though*)
      2.) How much was it at first?
      3.) Was it a limited mold or did they just stop creating the mold?
      4.) Why do people sell the heads for so much money ($800-$1,000)(It's a beautiful mold but really, isn't that a bit too much for just a head?)

Please, someone answer these questions of mine.

China Peach
      ~♥

17. Link to Luts Japan for Woosoo: http://lutsjapan.com/shop/step1.php?number=1322

1.) When did they bring the mold out? (What year, and if anyone remembers what month or date *Mostly just looking for the year though*)

Ordered mine in April 2005.

I got mine with faceups on both heads. Cost about $780.00 with EMS shipping. I went through Liria and had to also cover PP fees.

Limited Edition of 150 worldwide.

4.) Why do people sell the heads for so much money ($800-$1,000)(It's a beautiful mold but really, isn't that a bit too much for just a head?)

Why? That is up to the individuals buying and selling.

I sold the one head for less than $400.00 but will not part with the other even for $1000.00 as I like him that much. IMHO....the higher prices reflect how rarely any of the Woosoo heads do come up for sale.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

18. 1.) When did they bring the mold out? (What year, and if anyone remembers what month or date *Mostly just looking for the year though*)
      - 2005, I got mine July 2005

- $600 for the Woosoo Doll w/c includes
      LE Woosoo dreaming head (with default cobalt blue eyes)
      LE Woosoo sleeping vampire head
      Standard Type 1 Boy Body
      2 set of hands (I think 1 set is an LE woosoo hands, the other is a standard set),
      1 LE Woosoo Wig
      1 LE Woosoo Boots
      - face up is $50
      - shipping is $45
      Total of $695.

- Limited mold if I remember correctly only 150 pcs were made

- I guess because it's limited and people really liked the mold and they'd be willing to pay as much as $800 for the head.

19. Thanks for answering my questions and Angelguardian - don't ever give up your Woosoo! Even if your life depended on it! Thats how much you should love it!♥

20. So it's been a few years since anyone has posted in this thread, but I had a question. I just joined this hobby and my husband purchased a Woosoo for me for my first doll. It is the most amazing doll I have ever seen and I want another. Will Luts ever release this doll again? or am I just lucky to have one and probably wont get another?