1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raccoon Doll Discussion - Part 6

Jan 15, 2021

1. She’s stunning! Those lips are so striking.

2. Does anyone know about an update of the "new glamour body"? cause the info is gone from the homepage. I am excited to see it but wonder what happened that it takes so long

3. Monica, out for a ride on a very cold, windy morning...
      [​IMG]

4. Always enjoy seeing your photos of the dolls with the horses @MB Lilac !
      A new Nan (Nana) photos, just because
      [​IMG]Just Nan by wizgerg3, on Flickr

5. @JinCIncy - Thanks. I had to take advantage of all the flowers blooming in that field, so several of my dolls got to ride through it.

6. There was a teaser on Facebook and Instagram yesterday of the new body.
      @JinCIncy Nan looks lovely in that gown.
      @MB Lilac Your Monica looks so gorgeous riding.

7. Patrice S yeah i saw that now. In facebook, people were discussing about if it is MSD or SD. I think (and hope) it´s the new version of the glamour body. I hope we gonna see more soon.
      The ellbow joints are different than the old version of the bodies and the updated slim body
      So let´s wait and see.

8. Anybody know if Racoondoll is going to release more types of hands for the girl dolls? Or if Iplehouse FID hands will fit Racoondoll?

I've been eyeing the "second hands," but they've been listed as sold out ever since I started an order with BJDivas two months ago.

9. Iplehouse JID hands will fit Raccoon ladies, but resin match could be an issue depending on the colour. My Monica, who is Sweet Mocha, has JID Girl Fantasy Hands in special real skin, which is a very good match.

[​IMG]
      Unfortunately Rosie, who is Milk Mocha is stuck with her Raccoon hands since there's no resin match with Iplehouse. I also don't know if Iple FID hands fit.

10. Teaser pic of new girl Ivy on Facebook and Instagram.

11. Oh, I like her a lot! Uh oh..........................

12. Yes, Iplehouse FID hands fit Raccoondoll too! The NS colour matches very well, but I don't know about any of the other colours.

13. On Instagram and Facebook this morning teaser of another new girl Rose with a new resin color Rosemocha.

#54 Patrice S, May 2, 2021
      Last edited: May 2, 2021
    14. Two new dolls up, plus new slim body, plus free shipping event!!!! :D

...Not sure why they now have three versions of the slim body when they were going to do a new glamour body, but oh well! Maybe it's yet to come?

15. morganatron I really hope that we gonna see the new glamour body soon

The problem of the slim body version 2 is that the updated body lost a bit of the good posing of the 1st version (at least in my opionion) - they did the mobility thights the other way round. It was not possible to snap into to hold the pose like it was in the 1st version. This is the main reason why i sold my girl i bought on that body- I wish to see "in action" pics of the 3rd version slim body

16. The new body is interesting - the hips and legs fit together a lot smoother which is nice aesthetically, and so do the arms fitting in to the shoulders - not sure how that changes the movement though. The upper legs are slimmer too. The neck looks thicker though, which I don't love. The large bust is bigger than the original I think, but the boobs are sort of going to the side rather than having cleavage in the centre - they've gone for a natural look rather than as if she's wearing a bra, but I think I'd prefer the cleavage honestly- I like how that looks better in clothes! :lol: But others may prefer this of course!

So, eh, not that excited myself, but I am looking forward to seeing if the glamour body is going to get another option too. And I WOULD be excited about the free shipping but all I want is a doll head and only a few are available, not the "basic head" option so you can't choose between all of them! :(

17. Just finished looking at the new slim body. Definitely a bit confusing to have three slim bodies... (Slim, slim vol 2, and new slim). I sort of forgot slim vol 2 even existed until I saw the side by side pictures on raccoondoll website.

I see a lot of improvement visually in new slim to the old ones. It's really a different body from slim vol 2, but very similar to original slim. Slightly different curves to the waist and shoulder line. I think they are more natural on new slim. Somehow I like the ivy head better than the rose head on new slim, but that's probably just personal preference.

The listing says the arm and wrist movement is better. And that would be great, my original slim has basically no wrist movement and it's always bothered me.

I look forward to see owner photos.

#58 skyealloway, May 5, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    18. I just hit the button on Ivy. She is so beautiful!
      Question: Since the shipping costs are getting higher and higher, who would rather buy a kit in a small package and assemble the doll yourself if that would reduce the shipping considerably?
      I wouldn't mind doing that, since I take them apart anyway for sueding and blushing.
      If the doll came in parts and if there was a video how to go about putting it together, would you go for it?

19. ResinRapture to save shipping of course i wouldn´t mind to assemble the doll on my own- I have a lot of iples and sometimes they are strung too lose so i receive them and restring them. I think if raccoon offers this it would be great. I think i saw your enquiry about that at the Q&A at their homepage.