1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raccoon Doll Discussion - Part 6

Jan 15, 2021

1. Congrats @Seed-Singer . Yes my raccoon doll and FID share clothes.

2. @Seed-Singer - Raccoon ladies and FIDs are similar, although not exactly the same. Raccoon ladies are a bit slimmer in their torsos, and waist. So when I make costumes I make them to fit my FIDs, with lacing in the back so it can be laced tighter for Monica. That way any of my Fashion sized dolls can wear the clothes. Standard contemporary clothes would not be a problem, but my dolls rarely ever wear that.

3. Good to know, thank you!

That's actually such a good idea, I wish this would be considered more often on doll clothing making. I believe I've only seen this sort of adjustable clothing on skirts so far. I ordered a slim ver.2 body, I know it will be slimmer and taller, so I'm really hoping this dress fits!

4. Could anyone help me with this? I ordered a milk mocha Sia, but now I'm worried that it will be too light, and that maybe I should have done sweet mocha. Does anyone have pictures of milk mocha? Thanks!

Also, I'm really loving all these pictures in this thread. Does anyone also use Instagram? I would love to follow some Raccoon doll photos, but when I put a raccoon doll tag, I get raccoon stuffed animals! Is there a better hashtag for insta?

5. @SophiePuffs - Here's a photo but it is taken under indoor lighting and not the best for seeing the nuances of the differences of the Normal resin that my Elf Nina has (which is whiter and pinker) and the Milk Mocha that my Elf Kai has...however, the Milk Mocha is light...I was a little surprised myself...but it still is a nice resin color. :)

[​IMG]Tyne and Gaeyl by luluna33, on Flickr

6. @luluna Thank you so much for the pic! They're both beautiful. The milk mocha definitely looks lighter than I expected, too. It's so hard to shop resin colors online if you haven't seen them in person. I might contact Raccoondoll and ask if they can switch my order to sweet mocha instead. She's going to be paired with my Dollshe Khan who has copper oriental skin so I'm wondering how they'll photograph together.

7. @SophiePuffs - I could take a photo of my sweet mocha guy with my copper oriental guy (from before dollshe made the colours more pink) if you would like to see?

8. Omg yes that would be amazing, thank you! I'm so excited to see Raccoon Doll and Dollshe together in a pic. I was told they would be a good match as far as realism and head size.

9. @Bren Thank you so much!:kitty2

10. She is lovely!

11. Thanks so much for taking the time to review the new body! That was super useful to find out more about it!!!

12. @morganatron I am glad you found it helpful. I hope he will consider selling that body separately (I just asked on the Q&A). As for your shoe-question: Did you mean Minifee A? Regular Minifee shoes should fit, the new flat feet are 5 x 2 cm and Minifee feet are 5,5 x 2. Minifee Moe will probably not fit, the Moe feet are 4,5 x 2. I don't have Minifee heel shoes, so I can't help you there.

13. I hope they sell the body separately, I'd like an upgrade for my old girl

14. Ah, thanks @ResinRapture! Good to know the Minifee shoes should fit. Of course, Minifee shoes are also hard to find, but at least it's better than the original feet, and I know there's threads here devoted to what shoes fit Minifee. And it looks like Raccoondoll are selling the new feet seperately, so maybe I'll get everyone new feet at some point when I have money again! :D

15. @morganatron I don't know if you've seen this: TrickyBJDFeet: Mini Girls
      Minifee has the same foot size as a couple of other dolls. Flat feet shoes and boots are not really that rare, I don't know any nice high heel options except he-meife though. Slim mini heels do fit, but they might look a bit bulky, like Iple heel shoes on Raccoon.

16. The Minifee active line flat feet are really close to the IPle FID ladies. My girls all share the flat shoes I have. I found He-Meife has some flats sized for Tonner Matt that fit the FID and MNF girls well. Or at least they did last year as I got several pairs.

17. How long are the waiting times for raccoon doll for the United States? Thank you so much in advance for the help :)