1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainmans Flower Elves

Jan 14, 2009

1. Want to see that Cyberspace.
      Gorgeous girl Animedolls.

2. [​IMG]

I am again trying to upload a pic of her without a wig, but my computer won't.
      Headcap by itself istn very pretty though, it needs some reshaping, and the color is off.

There it is:

[​IMG]

I made these pics all in one go sometime ago, and have no idea why one would not load.

3. cyberspacegirl, I love the new wig... it looks great on her.
      What material did you make the cap out of? Did you add magnets? If not, how does it stay on?

4. Since it's a temp. headcap till i find time to make a better one, it is made off Fimo. Eventually, she'll get a resin cap.

Magnet in the cap, was originally ment for a puki faceplate.

My steps:

The puki magnets are very strong, put on of them on the magnets in head cap. Wrap the hook of the head in see-trough plastic kitchen foil (not the kind for magnetrons, these have micropores!), till it makes a ball. Cover the entire head with this foil, then layer fimo untop of this, till you have the shape you want.
      Carefully peel foil from head, then foil from fimo. There should now be a magnet shaped hole in the edge, which you can later use to glue magnet in.
      Then bake fimo.

I have no idea if cooked fimo can harm the resin, but i never leave it on for prolonged periods of time.

Due to lack of time, i am not satisfied with the shape of her head, when i sculpt a new headback, ill use another tiny as an example.

O, and she is a size 4.

5. Thank you for the detailed explanation, cyberspacegirl. I've written down your technique for future reference.!

6. My Tulie wearing her new dress I got from DDE that was on sale for $19 bucks!

[​IMG]

7. animedolls, I somehow missed your post until now. Darling Rosey. I know what you mean about wanting all three of them. I have Rosey and Tulie and keep thinking I want Bluebell. They are so cute!

8. My beautiful Belle! She spent the day baking fairy cakes for the doll's christmas party
      [​IMG]

9. Belle looks good enough to eat, too. Cute pic!

10. They are cute, and yes the legs are too short and looks really awkward:o.

11. I just ordered my Rosey...I'm really excited and I can't wait until she comes home.

12. What a cute picture!!!

13. roguegirl9929, congratulations on Rosey. You'll love her. Be sure to post pics when she arrives!

14. Thank you. I definately will!

15. Yeah, i won a Belle last night on e-bay :) Is it just me or do they not seem too popular. I won Belle MIB for only $99.99. The seller also has a MIB green skin Rosey with 2 extra outfits that sold for less then $90. It's so cheap considering their original price was $270.

Anyway i am very happy to have her join my collection. Now i just need a Tulie :)

16. animedolls: I think the original price tag for the size and the fragility of them probably is why they seem not as popular also they are not really that customizable as bjd goes.

17. Congratulations, animedolls! Belle is adorable! I won Rosey and was very surprised I wasn't outbid. I had debated on this doll for quite sometime because I tend to like the 14 cm thinner bodied dolls better, but when I saw this Rosey had leaf skin, I thought I'd take a chance and bid. I'm really looking forward to getting her and I think she'll make a good friend for my Alice pig. Enjoy your Belle when she arrives and good luck in your search for a Tulie! :D

18. It's wonderful to be able to pick these amazing dolls up for so cheap, but it is very disappointing that they haven't held their value, nor seemingly, captured the imagination of many collectors. I think they are one of the most innovative creations yet especially in this scale. I just find it sad. I'm still delighted for both of you, though. I look forward to seeing your dolls when they get home.

19. I do agree with you, Valli. It is always disappointing when a doll doesn't hold value even, if in this case, I benefited from it. I guess I'm used to dolls losing a lot of their value from my experience collecting other dolls, so I know that even as some lose value, some gain value, too. I also agree that these are very innovative creations and it is too bad they aren't as popular as some other dolls, but as AreeElf mentioned, it may have to do with the inability to customize them as much as other BJDs. I can only speak for myself and say that I feel very fortunate to finally be getting a Rosey. :daisy

20. It may partially be the problem with their tiny feet. Though they look cute, it's impossible to pose them without a stand, even for a short picture session. I still really like my Rosey and Tulie and have considered getting Belle! I think you'll love your new flower fairies, Cattwo and animedolls!