1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainmans Flower Elves

Jan 14, 2009

1. I still adore my Rosey. I can get her to stand once I find the balance, but he legs buckle if it's not right. She's so beautiful and sits on display on the mantle in our lounge. The only BJD allowed our of the doll room, so she must be special. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I think it would be possible to customise the other two, but not Rosey as the first row of petals is part of her face/head. I love her tiny hands and the wonderful detail on the petals. So beautiful. Everyone I've shown her to has been enthralled by her. So she may not appeal to everyone, but those of us that have her and love her have something very special indeed.

2. I'm not one to customize dolls so i don't mind that lack of for these darling flowers :)

3. Valli,
      Obviously I love my Rosey, too, since I picked her for my avatar. I really thought these dolls would be more popular. I love their slightly green "leaf" skin and the leaves on their arms.

4. Thank you, Valli and sfbeck! I really appreciate your well wishes! :daisy

I have no desire to customize dolls like these, either, although I love the way sfbeck added a little extra green along the edges of her Rosey. That added definition makes the flower color stand out more. :daisy

Question for those of you who changed the arms and feet - is it difficult to put the leaf arms and shoe feet on these dolls? I love those leaf arms and I think the shoe feet look cute with their clothes. Any info on that would be greatly appreciated! TIA! :fangirl:

5. Argh! the Belle auction i won says pink skin but they sent me the green one. I prefer the pink/ snow skin :/

6. Cattwo, changing the arms is intimidating, but not really difficult: pull the forearm piece away from the upper arm until you can see the cord. Place something thin, long and hard (a small dowel, maybe) between the two pieces of cord; leaving the dowel in place, stretch between the hand and ball. Remove the hand, which is connected with an S hook. The wrist ball joint and forearm can then be taken off.

I then put some thin wire around the loop in the cord; feed the wire/cord through the new arm while pulling on the wire. Put the wrist ball back through the wire/cord. Rehook the hand. Finally, remove the wire and the dowel.

:doh It sounds more complicated than it is.

7. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me, sfbeck! It was very useful and much appreciated! :fangirl:

I received Rosey and was able to get her leaf arms on okay. I was less successful with getting the shoes on. The s hooks are so far down into the feet, I can't see an opening to unhook the elastic. Is there a trick to that? Because right now, it appears that I would have to restring the doll to change out the feet, which I'm not quite willing to do at this time. So she'll keep her bare feet for awhile. Her head is a problem, also. It seems to fall to one side. I did tighten the elastic but it didn't really improve it enough. She's still a very cute doll, though, and I'm happy she's now part if my BJD family. :daisy

8. Cattwo, I didn't change the feet on Rosey or Tulie. I liked the bare feet better than the shoes, so I'm no help on that one!

9. That's okay, sfbeck! Maybe it's best to keep her in her bare feet for awhile anyway. :daisy

10. I wonder whether ElfDoll will come out with any additional Flower Fairies beyond the three already available? Has anyone heard?

11. It would be nice to see more Flowers but since they don't seem very popular, it may not happen. I for one would definitely buy if they do come out with more. I actually just placed an order for Tulie just so i can complete my set of 3 :)

12. It says on the ELFDOLL site that there will be " new Flower dolls" out....now I don't know if they mean NEW....or just redressed ones already out....but they are due out march 15-25th.....

13. Wow, i can't wait to see. Too bad they no longer sell through DDE. I prefer ordering my dolls through layaway since i am always too low on funds to pay up in full.

I will be keeping my eyes out on their site :)

14. animedolls, I don't have the full set, yet. I'm lacking Belle. But I sure love Tulie and Rosey! I ordered their new msd-sized doll, Pinky, so I won't be able to afford a flower fairy this time around. Oh, well! No rush!

15. Oder Belle through Denver Doll and put her on layaway. That's what i did with Tulie. I can't really afford any new dolls either since i already have many dolly layaways to pay off :) There's always something i want. Layaways are my best friend.

16. Good idea, animedolls. I had forgotten that DDE still has some in stock!

17. And it's on sale too :)

18. Looks like Elfdoll is just re-releasing the old Flower Elves for sale again. No new versions.

19. If anyone wants ti know another place where Flower elves are available...at a great price is Junky Spot....I ordered my third one last week....the one I was missing....Belle.....the one dressed in blue.....
      I was hoping that Elfdoll was putting out some new ones....but it seems they are not.....

20. Wow, those are great prices. I got both my Rosey & Belle on ebay and i'm doing layaway for Tulie at DDE.