1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RamCube 65cm boys Discussion

Dec 27, 2012

1. Finally, we have some sun and I could take some pictures.
      I would like to present my two wildcat boys Leo and Tiger.
      I hope You like them.

[​IMG]

2. OMG OMG OMG ..... super mega awesome gorgeous!!! LOVE their smexy bodies!!! :aheartbea

3. Love seeing your zombie-boy!!!

I've been trying to pose my Kyle a bit more, and I see what you mean about the elbow joint. I'd have thought with the double joint it would be easy to bend the arm, but it's not. Oh, well! Not a deal-breaker!

Oh, wow! You have BOTH!!! They look fantastic together!!!! :love

It is wonderful to see more Kyles! And your tiger-boy, too.

I like the spots on the body... I didn't get the spots put on my boy, but I might make some on him, too. They look nice. I don't think I noticed them in the company photos.

Here's another shot of my Kyle (whom I'm calling Yukio).
      [​IMG]13-05-kyle_0743 by aprilllee, on Flickr

I have changed the spots a very little on his face... and painted slightly bigger spots on his arms... but it's not so different from the company painting/blushing. I tried to match the look... :)

#23 april, May 29, 2013
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    4. April, You did a wonderful job with the added spots. I would never guess they were not company made. You are really talented.
      Alas, I am not. So, if I want something different, I have to ask the company to do it for me.
      In that regard, RamCube is the best I have yet encountered in the market. I had tons of whishes to change things, especially on Kyle, my Leo. He has additional spots on his arms, legs, hands and feet. But he has not the black nails as I did not like them. For the ears I requested more beige color like in his spots, not the dark blue/black they offered.
      I think they did an outstandig job to accommodate all my whishes. I am really happy with how my boys turned out!

And Hush, my Tiger, has additional stripes on his arms, legs, hands and feet, too.

I am totally in love with them!:aheartbea

5. Wow. I didn't know they would change things, like customize the painting! (I guess I should ask companies such things--I just never think about doing this!) That is fantastic! :D

I painted the ears (well--just blushed them with pastel) on mine... It is easy for me to make things solid colors! I did not think I could do a good job matching the spots! But the small spots that were shown in the photos... I just wanted them a VERY LITTLE larger...! I knew it would bother me if I ordered them like that... and I worried that changing them would be more difficult than just painting them myself. But the spots were very easy, it turned out.

I had some liquid black acrylic (in bottles--used for airbrushing)... and just one small brush, and could just dab the black on at angles... and then use a little brown pastel to color the spots to match those on his face! It was more simple than I expected. And it was almost fun to do... because the strokes are just big and sloppy and I did not have to be careful. :D

I really like the extra spots and stripes on your boys!!! It was very smart of you to ask for changes. They both look fantastic!!! :XD:

6. You guys with your fantastic cat-boys! They look like so much fun!

Time to update with a new shot of my zombie boy:

[​IMG]
      Rob - RaMcube Benizarka R by aernath, on Flickr

7. Love-love-love your zombie-boy!!! Always nice to see more pics! :D

8. Time to resurrect this thread! ;) I only came across the RaM Cube guys today, and I'm totally in love with Ren. Unfortunately, his sales period ended at the end of October! Does anyone know how often they offer limited heads again, if ever? Thank you in advance!

9. @snowgray:
      When I remember correctly, they stated that they will not rerelease standard models ever again (as a standard or regular looking guy). It is possible though that they use this head for future fantasy themed dolls like the catboys or the zombie.

I am really sad about that, too, as I wanted to order Ren. Unfortunately, I did not have the money during the order period. :(

10. Alas! Here's hoping they're more like Iplehouse than Volks, and they give in and have those heads again!

11. Maybe if you write them and request a re-release? Or a sort of basic release?

I think it's sad that so many dolls are so limited. It's not easy to have an extra $600 or more lying about just waiting for these surprise selling periods--particularly when RamCube wasn't offering layaways (they allowed me to split the payment as long as I paid up withing the sales period--which was just a month or less... gah! These companies just KILL me!)

Anyway, good luck in trying to get a Ren. He was a great-looking sculpt. RamCube really should re-release him...

12. Yeah... I was not surprised there wasn't a thread in the Database for Ramcube before now.

I'll happily go over and add my Yukio (Kyle) on. Thanks for making the thread!

13. Your boy is beautiful! I just got bitten by the RaM Cube bug and read a lot how hard it is to get a headmold once limited ordering period is done. I got Lakia. Maybe if we spread more of RaM Cube love they will do a re-release :p
      Also this is the Flickr Group for RaM Cube. I seemed to be over-zealous >< As they say, you do things when you're in love, lol~

14. Has anyone realized that ram cube zombie is pretty much the same as the main character on warm bodies?!!!! They totally copied the movie character! Even the hoodie (And the outfit)!!! He even looks like the actor! I wonder if they are allowed to do that without copyright infringement?!!! I love their dolls though..
      Here's a picture...

http://screencrush.com/warm-bodies-trailer/

15. Yep. We saw that.

It's not really a copyright issue. It comes close, but the doll is more stylized than an attempt to make it look like the actor. The company didn't use "Warm Bodies" or the exact character name in advertising. There isn't a similar doll that is an official product, so it's not causing the license-holders to lose money. Basically, you can't stop people from making dolls that sort of look like something else--otherwise we would all be in trouble!

With bjds, the actionable act would be to actually counterfeit/re-cast a doll. That is for-sure stealing someone else's work.

Also... it would be a pain if people started owning all zombie characters that were in a film or series, since then no one could have a zombie wearing a hoody, ever... or jeans... or what if you have a character in a ripped black t-shirt and then no one would ever be able to put a similar looking zombie doll in any sort of outfit of that has ever been worn by a movie or tv zombie character? You'd have to go around and check to make sure you never accidentally or on-purpose made a doll that looked like any zombie ever...

So, basically, it has to be copying something much more exactly, like re-casting. If that zombie character was wearing something super-distinctive (not just street-clothes), and had some distinct features that no one could mistake for anything else--THEN it is more an unethical issue... but legally, the license/copyright/trade-mark holders would just write a cease and desist letter... but this doll was already out of production, so that would be that.

So, no... a little sketchy, but not really a copyright issue.

16. Ahh.. I got ya!! Thanks! I was wondering about that! But I do love their dolls! It's super nice!

17. That's not to say that the person who creates a character won't get upset at a doll company, even if pursuing a legal case would be difficult. IOS (Immortality of Soul) made a doll that was "inspired" by a manga/doujinshi character. The makers of that doujinshi heard of it and got a little upset. To make things right, IOS had to change some things--like make the doll a more "official" product and probably pay something to the owners. The IOS people really liked that character and the artwork, so they tried to make things work with the original artists, instead of just ignoring them and telling them to sue them--or whatever.

So, it's a tricky issue! Companies like to be inspired, but don't want to be seen as stealing anything... if they can get away with it, they will try (but it's a risk!). The general public can give them a bad name if they are not careful, even if the copyright/trademark owner doesn't get upset, and even if there isn't really a legal issue. That's where ethics and good-relations and reputations can matter.

I think any company could be asking for trouble if their dolls look TOO much like a character that they didn't create... But it's not like most companies are getting rich by doing that... and they DO make their own sculpts... and most people aren't losing money... But people (copyright owners and buyers and public opinion) can still cause the companies grief if they do some sketchy things...

18. Love the ram horns on the latest Ramcube boy...

19. Aren't they great? I would so love to get him fullest in the tan! But...$1000 is too much for me right now.
      He is a beautiful creature though! And I waaaant!