1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Randomly Finding BJD Owners

May 6, 2011

1. When I was a Guest of Honor at a science fiction convention in Austrailia (SwanCon in Melbourne). Two little Lollita girls had their dolls with them. I went over and admired the heck out of them since they and their dolls were in matching outfits. I think both dolls were Volks.

2. I was taking a week-long art workshop across the country from me... One of the instructors mentioned buying taxidermy eyes to use as drawing reference and another student raised her hand and recommended checking out eyes for ball-jointed dolls available on ebay or other places. After the lecture, I went right up to her and made sure she knew I had bjds, too. It's always fun to meet other owners in non-doll contexts! :)

3. I run into them when I go to Anime conventions. There are quite a lot of people with BJDs. Unfortunately I'm too shy to talk to them > <
      There was an opposite case where a friend of mine had a BJD and I didn't know until about 2 years after knowing him XD

4. We stumbled across another doll owner on the Samanayrs forum (a cyberpettish thing). And she's in Texas! That was good times. I still need to find that blasted kimono pattern I promised her. :/

We have been lucky enough to meet several TX-based owners, but always through DoA. At our once-favorite hibachi restaurant, our favorite waitress loved the dolls (we took them a couple of times) and gave us knock-off pens that were covered in (likely stolen) pictures of dollfies, Volks dolls, and DoD dolls. I still have all three, even the dead ones, because she was so happy to give them to us. XD!

5. Not in person, but today I found someone on here that lives in my town. I thought I was the only one in my town with a BJD but apparently not. XD I was very excited to find this out. I think I'd be even more excited if I ran into someone in person that happened to be out and about with their dolls.

6. I would be super happy if I ran into one. I had always dream of that. It is so much fun to see people bring their doll out. :) Hopefully I can ran into someone who is also bring their dolls soon.

7. I found out at one meet that there's one more doll owner in town, besides my friends who got me interested in them and me XD She's got a really pretty doll, and we're planning on having more meets:)
      I'd like to see someone walking with their dolls somewhere, though :aheartbea It'd give me a pleasant heart attack!

8. A year ago I had at work, I was still looking for my first doll so I wasn't officially an owner yet.. but at work a couple girls came in looking at the Manga and I kept staring at her dolls for a moment before having the guts to approach and talk to her.. and so I wound up learning about our local meets and a local dealer that lead me to my first BJD order. xP

9. i was actually found by a doll owner in a local shopping center. I take my dolls shopping quite a lot and she spotted me as i was looking in they toy section. We had a conversation about her incoming doll and she told me she discovered BJD's at a local doll fair where someone had one. It turns out that it was actually me at the doll fair with one of my other dolls, so it was really awesome to meet her again.

10. Two years ago when I started interested in BJD. I did find a lot of info on website but have never seen the real one. One day I went to shopping mall buying some magna and OMG!!! in front of the book store there were two girl were opening DOC box!!! [I didn't know their name yet in that time I just asked them.] I was really please with the doll I saw. And the owner was kind letting me see him close, even I didn't dare to touch since it was high value. I told myself to saving for one immediately!! ^o^

11. I am pretty sure there is only one other BJD owner who lives on the same tiny island as I do. so my chances are slim, unless Im out to Jersey.

12. I was walking around a museum with my boy, since I take him everywhere and all, and a girl randomly ran up to me and started talking to me about my boy. ^///^ I found out that she also has BJDs and also has a DoA. O_____O

......was that meeting random or what?

13. When I go out with one of my guys on my arms
      I wonder if someone is going to recognize them, I bet it'll be fun if it happen
      (I haven't lost hope yet hehe)

14. ok I have two stories. I like bringing my dolls around, I want to have people know about the hobby, SO I work at a mall and when I work I bring one of my girls with me. This one time I went to see a friend who worked at a Sun glass hut and a girl stopped me. she was shocked that I had my big girl with me (BBB Pandora) and we started to talk BJD stuff, we switched facebook names and now we talk a little, not to much, but hey when you need someone to gush BJD's with it's nice to have.

the 2nd was when my boyfriend took me on a trip to Williamsburg. I had debated on bringing my dolls with me but one sharp look from my man told me not to. I'm kinda glad I didn't bring them, I didn't trust the people I was with at that time. BUT! I got to one of the stores and started to talk to this girl who dropped character for us so we could ask some questions about working there. well I mentioned my doll Emily (BBB Pandora) and she froze. "you own BJD's too!?" and then we were off gabbing away about dolls. My boyfriends rolled his eyes fondly and let me be. I switched names for DOA and facebook stuff and now we talk regularly. ^.^

I love finding random dolly owners!

15. After a meet up once we were all eating at a mall food court and randomly two girls came walking our way and one had a dollmore doll I think. We talks a little and invited them to another meet up. They did not come but it was nice to see someone other than the ones in out group.

16. At various cons, but that's to be expected. What ISN'T to be expected is the time I was carrying my dolls in a bag through the Mall of America, and someone recognized it as a doll bag (they saw the DoD logo) from everyone/thing/all the bags in the crowd. That was surprising.

17. Four days ago I arrived very early at the Portland Convention Center to wait in line for the Crafty Wonderland sale to open its doors. A mom and her daughter arrived next and sat in line behind me. I don't remember exactly how the bjd topic even came up ( hey, it was early) but what are the chances of meeting another D 0 A member like that? :) I could have missed out on some fun conversation had I been in a different place in line. Hi again p23 if you are reading this !!

18. I've started to see more and more BJDs around me lately xD My sister pointed out to me that one of HER friends has BJDs o_o And then on facebook I saw that my friend commented on a BJD picture. Quite shocking.
      What's nice is that my friend is now considering buying a BJD! All of the BJDs around her have made her quite enthusiastic, haha. It's cool 'cause I can give her advice and stuff 8D

19. I Have >.<! I Was So Surprised Seeing that i live in a small area, I met her at the mall :)
      ; but i've also met several at conventions :D

20. When I was working at a call center, I was introduced to bjd's through my trainer's littlefee. At the time, I didn't care much for Fairyland or littlefee. We see how much that has changed. I've had other people mention they were thinking about starting bjd collections off and on.