1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

rant: BJD family planning

Sep 23, 2005

1. My family thinks I am weird enough having gotten the one doll :roll: (well two if you count the El dreaming head that will eventually get a body). They have no idea that I actually plan on getting more. :oops:

When you get one you start to think that he (or she) could use a companion (Kobu seems lonely now that his sister is just a head). Or you see a doll and automatically envision them as a perfect representation of a character you created (both El and Hound did that to me). Or upon seeing a doll a new personality will just smack you in the face (the El dreaming head did that).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. BJD's are like potato chips... you can't seem to get away with just one. :grin:

2. LOL, I SOOOO resemble that... ^^ But then the poor boy WAS lonely. And I had my eye on Soah because she has such a wonderful headmold, but Jun T. shoved her way figuratively in front and insisted SHE was the one who wanted to be here, and more - that she was to be my HUSBAND'S doll. :oops: (At least she's dating my Isao! ^^)

Then my older daughter nagged me into getting "Isao's little brother" Arashi (chosen over Soah, again!), and we have turned out seriously delighted with him and he fits in perfectly.

And of course, both my daughters want BJDs of their own, or they'll feel left out, so one daughter has (mostly) earned her SD Kun, who just arrived for her birthday, and the other one's doll (Souldoll Lune) will be also arriving at some point...

(That's the list of my whole family's BJDs in my sig - only 2 of them are actually mine proper. )

So, as of right now I do NOT have a "wish list". For anyone new to arrive, we'd have to figure out where they belong in the family. :oops:

3. SPEAKING of frickin' Arashi.

NO DRAT YOU I HATE MINIS(Not really, but I need to tell myself that right now, sorry, mini-owners!). THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T GET NATURAL TANNING JADE(Which I'm starting to regret!). GO AWAY.

...Don't like minis, too small, don't like the way mine poses except SDCs are supposed to have completely done away with that kind of problem but they're still too small and too big at the same time and no I don't want you GO AWAY. T_T

I do NOT want a kid Ephram and I most certainly do NOT want to mod elf ears onto you to make a freaking' new Nai! No! Scram! Don't GIVE me those cute puppy dog eyes, you wretched brat, NO! Go away! Bug someone else!

Mommy, make the mean dolls go away. I knew I shouldn't have been looking at Y!J. T_T

...Anyone need a kidney and a slightly used male Elf Ani? >_>;

<Ephram> It's the 'slightly used' part that disturbs me.

4. Oh yes. After a lot of thinking, I decided on 4 *maybe* 5 dolls. I have an AR Present Jade and am waiting for his boyfriend, a CP Ani boy. Then I've been planning on saving for the AR Cossette boy and the AR Dana boy. I also considered maybe getting a young girl like the Leeke Sleeping Honey (she's young and won't need a significant other so one girl won't turn into 2), but I'm not quite decided on that yet.

Now the AR Angelica boy, whom I love, has reappeared as a basic kit. And Enchantress was flipping through doll sites the other night and kept showing me Custome House dolls and now I would really like to have a little Junior Ai. So suddenly, I'm looking at 6-7 dolls (if I added them to my list). *sigh* It's not really the money so, but rather I worry about having to many dolls to take care of properly. I don't want anyone to be left out.

5. Oh, dear, this is all ringing far too familiar...

I wanted two--Christian and Rei. I knew that Link was going to be Christian right from the start, and Rei...? Well, he'd figure himself out. Maybe FCS if and when we move to Japan.

Then I made a mistake. I joined DoA, and had barely sat down when an Isao head came up on the Marketplace. "Oh no! One of my all time dream dolls!! And my birthday is coming...AND I always wanted an Isao to be Erik, more than any other..." And so Erik moved in.

Okay, so I'm going to have three, that's okay...What? Rei is insisting that his dear Zoe come home. Okay, now I'll start looking at girls...What is this?! Why did I never really *look* at Hound before?? Is it because his official picture is so uninspiring? So Rei moves in.

Wait a minute...the three young men need their roommate...we need one more to balance them nicely. Ah, Dollmore Amos...how well I do love you...

Then, I start getting pestered by an elf from PherretLord's story...oh crud, a sleeping Yder will be perfect. Just give him elf ears...oh, your name is Glyndwr? How nice!

And now I'm wanting two FCS boys...and Zoe's twin sister Audrey is pesteing the heck out of me, and she'd want Sebastian with her....>.>

Oh, and yes, Ian-KunX--a male Kid Delf Ani would be welcomed here...he's kind of half-planned here at this point as it is...XD;;

6. I don't really have plans just yet..I'll be really, really happy when I finally have enough money for Chiwoo ^_^ But of course, I'm looking around for dolls I also like..Hound..Anais(make it a boy, of course) and Cecile..Shiwoo is also pretty cute..and I like some msd's, like the kid delfs..but Chiwoo is still my favourite ^_^ So, I'll see when he gets here, and maybe, after a while, he'll like a companion..but maybe not, I don't know, he might not be such a family boy and my plushies might be enough for him..and maybe I can't find any dolls I want as much as Chiwoo ^^

Then again, maybe in a year from now, I'll have a whole family O.O Don't know, I'll just let it come to me, we'll see ^^

7. I've been working on my doll plan for so long, that I get lost on which characters I should really NOT "doll", as it'll get out of hand. I think my list is at least ten long. At the moment I have four, maybe five in a short while. We'll see. I just keep working through my list, one by one by one.

8. Original: 1 girl
      Current: 1 girl, 4 boys, 1 asexual spirit

Where did the four boys come from?!

9. Same old story that's been told before. When I bought my first BJD (SD 13 Kira), I was positive she would be the only one I'd ever want.

Then I found out about DOA. I didn't see any dolls I wanted - for about the first month. By that time my original doll had developed a personality and a story. I started thinking I really could use another doll that would fit one of the other characters in the story. It took about three months before I found the right doll, and I thought, "Two dolls aren't too many, I'll go ahead and buy her."

I did, and after that, for some reason the dam broke, and I saw several more dolls that fit into the story. By some stroke of luck, every time I spotted one, I happened to have the money to buy her (mine are all girl dolls). Either I got an unexpected bonus at work, or some expense I had budgeted for didn't need to be paid for after all, so I had some extra money. It's been over three months since I bought a doll, and I thought there were no more that I wanted. Besides, all the characters in the story were filled, or so I thought. And I don't have that much free time, so making clothes for them all was taking up more time than I really could spare.

Famous last words. Shin Doi posted links to his beautiful dolls recently, and one of them is the key figure that solves a problem in the story plot. I thought it over for several weeks, then decided to go for it. I ordered her a couple of days ago.

But this is positively the last doll! For sure! I swear!

10. Something I forgot to say: if anybody really knows of a method for limiting one's BJD family, please let me know. Better late than never.

11. ...I didn't do that for a while...

Now I sort of am.

Dylan demands that in exchange for my lateness (I got side-tracked with buying Aneirin & Taliesin), I get a sister for him and Kelyn. A Dollmore Aidan girl.

Do I really think I can maintain five dolls?...No way in hell.

My headspace is getting very crowded...And I -don't- have enough money.

12. Stay away from any BJD communities?

13. This is so me!

I never planned on getting any BJD at all. They were beautiful but so expensive. Then I saw Ryung and her character sat down in my head, said she'd LOVE to come live with me but she really had to have her family there too (Two brothers, one sister). So then I had four characters running around in my head.

And of course they had to have their lovers. And then their enemies. And the lovers' families had to come too. I'm up to 17 dolls to be purchased as of this moment. :crushed I figure in about 17 years I'll have them all.

Addicted. I'm just addicted.

Oh, well. It's still a fun addiction! :wink:

14. I did plan to have more than one doll from the beginning, but who I thought I wanted ended up being very different than who I actually bought.

I got Irang, thinking I would buy her a couple more friends her size. The next doll I bought was Petite Ai Raphael. After this I decided that boys weren't really as much fun to play with as girls, so if I bought anyone else it would HAVE to be Petite Ai girl. The next purchase? Helping my sister buy an MSD Enn. Boy. XD
      I decide two dolls in petite size is superfluous. I already have Raphael, I should try another size if I want to buy someone else. The most obvious choice, going by that logic, is a Petite Ai Gabriel.
      Now I would like an SD sized girl (whose headmold changes constantly) and a Little Jr. Zephyros. I'll probably end up getting a bunch of pocket fairies or something. XD;

15. Little resin condoms?

16. CONTRACEPTIVES!!! it's like overpopulation.. :oops:

17. I swear mine are just breeding now. >_> It's starting to feel like every time I look over at the top of my chest of drawers that there's more of the blasted things sitting there.

18. Actually, if the dolls could reproduce, it'd cost us a lot less; we'd get tinies for free! :oops:

Seriously, though, I've got plans for 12.
      I started out planning to have 2 60cms, 2 minis, 2 tinies and that was it...
      Then Gena and Yder came out...And I got an RML head and now she needs her fiance...and it goes on and on . :oops:

19. Well, my plan was one. Aoi. I am having a hell of a time saving up for him as it is.
      Then I get side tracked and drool on all the pretty dolls, but the two times I almost deviate from the path to get another one of my characters, I am thwarted by circumstances not entirely under my control.
      There are a lot of dolls I'd love to handle and customise, but aside from CH Jin, none which I want to have.. except maybe a mini.. oh but I don't like kid dolls... Then comes around CH's 8th doll contest, and I see this lovely customised Mars, which makes me look at the regular default Mars again and go all *_* .
      So he won. He's on the list.
      So that makes... 2? :oops:

I just can't stand having too much stuff around me. Or just having too much stuff in general. that helps limit the wishlist, as well as the financial issues. (I've been saving for what, more than half a year now, and I don't have half the money yet. :cry: )

20. Orignally I just wanted one... Somehow I ended up with two. And eventually I want a third. The way I figure it that means I'll have one to sew for, one to play with, and one to completely mess up and turn into a jester!

I hope my plans don't change... I'm in college! I can't afford this!