1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

rant: BJD family planning

Sep 23, 2005

1. Originally, I just wanted one and that's it no more (they're dreadfully expensive y'know ^__^), and so Ryuen came home. It was all good for a while, but then after AX Ryuen seemed really, you know lonely, so I had to get a second doll. I absolutely love Alex and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but he wasn't quite what Ryuen had in mind (not that he minds a little brother) and so I started searching for someone to be a significant (b)other for Ryuen (hadn't decided on a boy or a girl). However, when Alex got here he informed me he had a twin sister Mia that he'd like to bring home--okay a girl doll, I haven't had one of those and she could wear all the floofy stuff people make for my boys that they won't wear.

Then...after surfing various doll sites and seeing the amazing stories they came up with for their dolls, I had to come up with a good background story for them, and my "to be" doll collection expanded again :oops:

So currently, my list is:

* Ryuen (home)
      * Alex (home)
      * Yukiro (DoD Too; name subject to change and he's due to be ordered in the middle of October)
      * Mia (slated for a KD Ani Girl)
      * Nicolai (Alex's best friend--type undecided, maybe Ttori or An)
      * Legacy(type undecided--not sure what her significance is yet, but she'll be cool ^_^)

And that's just my list of MSDs that I want to acquire. There are two other members of the cast of the story, but Dante and Deanna belong to my best friend so I don't have to get them ^_^

I also will absolutely have an Isao one of these years and I am saving up to buy my mom a doll as well (she likes them a lot but can't justify the cost to herself)--she wants a Shiwoo *smiles*

Things would probably be a lot easier if I worked something other than customer service *laughs ruefully*--I need to become a world famous author now.

My friend's significant (b)other says he's convinced that there is a chip in the dolls' heads that make you want to buy more than one *laughs* I don't know if I can argue with that one, though constant examination of their heads while replacing eyes and what not hasn't revealed anything of the sort...

2. Unemployment. :wink:

3. *haha* I AM unemployed. I pretty much emptied my account to get my first doll. :oops: I could still probably afford a body for my El dreaming head, but financially it wouldn't be a good idea. :|

4. ^ Ooo, good one. No wonder I don't have 20 dolls!

Of course, I originally planned to only have two: 1 big girl and 1 mini girl. :roll:

But then -- so many lovely boys became available! And I've changed my plans for new dolls more times than I can count, it seems. New dolls being released all the time can really throw off your plans! I try to plan out dolls as loosely defined "spots" rather than specific dolls, though. Like I'm planning to get another SD13 size boy, but no one in particular. I currently have plans for either 6 or 7 dolls -- I'm trying to convine myself that I should only get 6, but I already have 4 and there are 3 more I want. :oops:

5. That is absolutely the BESTEST reply ever! >)

I swear that mine are doing the same though. Randy little critters, aren't they? :grin:

6. Four of mine have hooked up. Two hetero couples. T_T

I wonder when they'll start churning out the tinies. :lol: I could use a few CoCos. :D

Lutz! Alisa! Get to work!

7. What is this "planning" of which you speak? lol XD

Kaye was the doll I longed for but didn't ever think I'd find... so I hadn't exactly planned for her so much as stumbled upon her.

Grimm I planned for.

Spade and the Phouka... no planning what-so-ever...

although I've been a longtime Tsukasa Konoe fan... thinking "Oh yeah, he's it"... but... honestly... now that I have the Phouka (an Isao)... Tsukasa has looked less inticing because I love Isao so much! He's quickly becoming my favorite Tokyo boy, which is funny because he was always my least favorite in pictures... but I have to say, Isao REALLY needs to be met in person *happy sigh*

8. I only had in mind 1 doll.......i wanted to have Isao v1 or v2 X_X
      but then i changed my mind when i saw U[F] from the DOD site O.O......then I saw Zen @[email protected] i thought of only having 2........2 is not bad @[email protected] then I looked at other sites and then i saw DELF EL!!! :D ......bishonen!!! :D ..........then i saw DELF YDER......then DELF EL-SPECIAL...............im having problem deciding which one of those two will be EL's "top"(or seme @.@) boyfriend ;_;...........I think I like more EL-special because he looks kinda older by the half open eyes and i think i want him to be EL's boyfriend then YDER.......im still not really sure..........help? ;_;..............then I started to think that i need the "little ones" for those 2 X___X.............but i was not so interest of getting kid dolls..........but I searched and searched because I was curious or i wannet to imagine of wanting to have one and the ones that I really like are from the bluefairyint site..........peter and choco!! :chibi ...........I never thought of wanting to have a 3-5 year old-kinda-looking kid doll X______X...........but those 2 are just too hard to say no ;_;........im weak saying no and those 6 dolls are screaming in my eeeaars! X_________________X

9. I thought I'd have four or five dolls total as my doll family.
      Right now, I have two girls and a boy (who I may sell). I'd be content with just the two I have (see, already he's not here in my mind).
      I think I'd also be content if I got two more. But I don't think I'll end up with my original five unless I win the lottery or something miraculous happens. It's just that what I thought I needed... might have just been a lovely wish. I definitely think I should get one more... but.. who knows.

10. I only 'planned' on getting Cara Mia, because I started seeing these dolls everywhere and fell in love with her while browsing Ebay. But, she's just so...lonely. Allll the time. So I decided to get her a sister, and fell head over heels for the Narsha Basic (Mon Cher). Just when my boyfriend offered to help me get her, I fell for the Leeke Honey digital_grrl was auctioning, and so by mid-December I'll have 2 more dolls! I plan on getting a boy or 2 in the future, but none have really caught my eye yet. After the boys,that's it, seriously. 3 is almost too many for me to handle, so 4-5 is going to be a bit much. This won't be for a while though; I have to pay off Mon Cher and the Honey, and then Grad school!

(and yes, their nicknames come from my obsession with The Addams Family. I doubt I'll be naming the boys Pugsley and Pubert though. A Gomez, maybe. :wink: )

11. In the past day I have added another to my "for certain" list x_x So now it's 7. Although in my defence I can't get one until December and the other until at least my birthday (Jan. 31)
      ...so that's 2 more that I can get whenever I save up enough, which depends on how many hours I get blah blah </rambling>

12. Planned? LOL...My plans keep changing! I know Shiwoo is next though....Then I really should get a body for one of the two bodiless heads I have.

13. I should instate a rule after I get CoCo and Arashi that if a doll comes in, one has to go out.

Which would work for approximately five seconds.

...Wait, where the hell did this 'when I get Arashi' crap come from all of a sudden? O_o;

I TOLD YOU NO, YOU LITTLE BRAT. T_T

<Arashi> *smirks*

14. *laughs* Trust me...there were no plans on Shiwoo or Hound..now I want both!

15. My plans changed too..
      I was going to buy another 2 dolls. Now, I just want Vanilla.
      Wach out guys, Vanilla will have to catch her name, so, she is SINGLE XD

16. I'm not gonna bother with making plans 'cause I know I'll change them eventually. There are just too many dolls I've fallen in and out of love with, that it's impossible for me to plan anything.

17. I wanted 1

then 4

I will prob end up with 6 or 7 evan.

but I'll stop at 4 for a while.

18. I went from 'Just one' to 'Two would be nice' pretty quick, but despite the thought that an Alita doll would rock my socks right off, and despite what Niomi says, I truly believe that it will stop at two. I don't want more dolls than I have hands.

However, who those two would be has changed a few times--first my 'just one' was going to be a DOD Si, but (no offense to DOD or Si fans!) I could not be happier with Adrienne (my Souldoll Clara) and am very glad that I chose her instead. Currently the idea is for her to have a little brother--CP Cory, but I'm waiting for the standard release without a sleepy head, because sleepies scare me more than I can put into sensible words.

19. Plan? Wow, I so wish...I have so many characters in my head that they could (and do, actually :grin: ) poppulate worlds.

At present, there are at least ten who would really like bodies some time, thank you very much - and although I'd like to have a number of BJDs (eventually), I think I'd have trouble being really close to that many. Which is ok, because a number of them are more interested in interracting with each other, but...yeah. I have new characters spawning every week, at least, and apparently, a number of them really seem to like the physical manifestation option, so there are an ever increasing number of would-be dolls in my mind.

It's the ones I feel closest to that will actually get bodies, though - which only narrows it down to, maybe, 5? But that's still better than ten!

So yeah - I think I echo Wee_Little_Faerie:

20. I so tried planning. My original list was just Hound and Bermann. It is now:

Hound
      Bermann
      SA Hound
      Hugo
      El

And then I start falling in love with Unoa Lusis and f16s and f28s and I know I can't have that many dolls. :crushed Not because I can't but because I wouldn't be able to look after them all. I plan to get only four bjds. This is the limit I set for myself. It's going to be so hard. :lol: