1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

rant: BJD family planning

Sep 23, 2005

1. yeah, this has happened. i wanted to end it at just my two girls: Jun T and Shall.
      then i saw Bermann: perfect for my Jun.

then i saw AR Ami. and then after that, saw Toppi...and on, and on. im hoping that eventually ill hit a happy equilibrium with them, but i dont think im there yet ^^;

2. I didn't plan at first ~ I just bought the dolls that tugged at my heart strings the most and after purchasing them came up with their background stories, personalities, etc.

But seeing as I am saving for my next two dolls, I am making future plans of who they will be and how they will fit into my current family.

kagami, I understand what you're going through. You're new and it seems like all these dolls are very beautiful and it's hard to make a decision. All I can say is take your time and save pictures and study. Sometimes it helps people to write their story first and then decide which dolls fit those characters, that way they have a limit on the amount of dolls and what they need to look like, etc. Of course it's difficult when you come across a breathtaking doll that demand you take them home :lol: But I guess that's part of fun/torture of this hobby? :P

Best of luck with your decisions/plans!

3. I have a family mind of vampires >)
      But since Domuya has stopped taked fsc orders, its becoming hard to make my dream a reality ;o;

4. I'm planning to buy three dolls for my Arisa in wonderland collection. I would love to get the whole cast of characters for it, but if I buy more than three my money will be long gone and I won't be able to fend for myself *_* .

My dolls:

Arisa Ridou=Sonokong SD Girl - Rhea - LE400. She looks sad and innocent. And she doesn't smile, which is good, because Arisa is not a very cheery person.

Yukito the white rabbit: Dollmore Amos. He's got that cold look that makes him seem uncaring and distant, but somewhere he's got a loving heart deep down inside. He makes the perfect Yukito.

Chessu the grinning Chesire cat= CP Vampire Shiwoo. I might have to modify his eyes so they'll seem more open to a point where he looks more like a cat. His cute little fangs looks good for a grinning cat and he seems like the troublemaking type.

5. Pullips -> Too + Bee-a -> Twing-Key -> Yen -> Shiwoo -> Soony -> Yen -> Pitts -> Soony -> Unoa -> Yen -> Mir + Yen -> Mir + Pitts -> Mir + Si

And now Linden's made it worse by demanding that he should have a body. That body in fact. The expensive Shiwoo body.

Annaki & Censor are determinedly throwing fits whenever I go near the Luts site because they want bodies too. Chiwoo + Soony respectively. With Lishe bodies. I'm not even going to say what Annaki thinks about Lishe bodies.

An' ya know what? I'm banning myself from the gallery because Annaki wants to be an f-08 now...and Twing-Key calls again...

6. My plan doesn't really changeI just keep adding more and more dolls to it... At first I only wanted 5 and then later on 12 and now i've seen so many beautiful dolls I want that's going to end upbeing morethan I planned on :oops:

7. Oh boy... first I just wanted ONE doll... LH ShinE. Then I wanted ONE girl... and I fell in love with DOD Tender Bee-A, even though she was a mini... so I got her... and then even though I had a girl - I still wanted a BIG girl... so there came my CP Soony. And yeah... no plans to stop anytime soon... >_> My next baby will either be a CP Shiwoo or a BF Pocketfairy Yoko... *_* cant decide... but thats okay cause Im broke now x_X

8. Heh, I think I'm nearing the end. I still want CoCo and Eckstine, and if Lutz doesn't eventually get that FCS girl he's wanting he'll kill me, but other than that... Eh? Nobody I can't live without right now. Maybe if I find 60cm bodies suitable for Eri and Kal?

9. family?
      well, i will prolly get my Si first and see about it.
      a friend of mine is interested in getting a girl, which i also want.

both of us are planning to get a SD girl next yr after our trip to japan. (if we manage to save the amount of money)
      that's all for now.

i would love to get more MSD boys. but then, i always wanted a SD boy.
      it's kinda messy for my case now. bcoz i still dun really know wat to do.

10. Im so proud of myself, I've capped of my doll family to five. ^_^ . Now if nothing changes over the next few years, I'll have my 5 doll family and no one else. Hopefully, because I don't have the money to support more that that! *_*

11. Mine changes a lot. I even have a Yder modded into an elf on his way. I still need three bodies. King decided he wants the Shiwoo, I want an offical elf yder, Hound...and tinies and minis for kids...GAH!!

12. well at first i wanted ONE. just one. no more. a cp el, that was my dream. but then... i saw tiffee, and he's such a heart theif so i got him and love him, but he has two brothers - dk kiss and ch chamomile. and in a goal for my ultimate happy, i want a dot shall w/ boy body for my dream doll, but then that character needs his luvver - a hound. and then i fell in love with tan hound and that means i'll prolyl be getting two hounds.

:< whatever happened to jsut wanting one?!

13. weeeeeeeeeell. Originally I wanted to get Paris from souldoll. I didn't have a character in mind or anything, then I wanted to get the dreaming El and realized if I did that then I'd need a body for the extra head, which lead me to believe I'd have three dolls at least. Then my characters started to take over. Victor decided that he looked like Paris and that I should buy him and give him pretty clothes... none of my characters claimed El. I love El's, they're cute, but now I have no urge to own one even though they're one of the first doll sculpts I fell in love with.

While I was saving for Victor and poking around various doll sites I saw the orlando joey head and realized that not only did it look perfect for Clover, but he wanted in on this too. Ok... So that lead to ANOTHER chain. If I got Clover I'd have to get Bernard since the two are married. I didn't think there was a doll out there who I could turn into Bernard. Then I saw what some people had done with Hound, which made me realize he'd be perfect.

Sometime during all this I'd decided to create my character Jeramy(as a doll), who was my first D&D character and so I really wanted a doll of him. I was going to make said doll because I didn't believe a headsculpt out there existed that would look right at all. Recently I saw the Igon heads.... I thought the normal ones eyes were just a little too big and the half closed ones were just a little to small. Then the revised came out... which is just right... So I need to get that when it goes up for sale.

Around the same time I saw Clover I noticed another doll on Dollmore. This time it was Calvin. Normally I don't like MSD's enough to want to own one, but then I saw this one. Who'd be perfect for Coral... So a female Calvin got added to the list.

Now, I THOUGHT this would be the end of it. But just the other day I hear Melanie (pronounced Meh-LAY-nee) going "these are actually pretty interesting". Melanie is a Nocker character of mine... I don't know of a sculpt that looks like him and I doubt I will see one for quite some time. But when I do, he's going onto the list. I don't think any of my other characters want out... I HOPE no more do, cause there's no way I'm getting any more after I some how save up and eventually collect this batch...

Then again... there is Alice.................................... :oops:

Damnnit... now I want a white skinned Sharmin...... ><

So far I have just Clovers head. I'll be ordering his body later this week. I'm trying to get my parents and grandparents to just give me Bernard for christmas, I SHOULD have enough to buy Jeramys head when they eventually go on sale... And other than that I have no real plan. Though I do know that since Victor has been moved down the list he's gotten all pouty. *shrugs* at least it means I wont have to try and feed his expensive tastes for a long time. lol

Oh yes and I almost forgot about Adreale. Who I WILL be making, because he's not human enough in perportions for a doll to exist on the market that looks like him. He's super thin, has HUGE eyes, and pointy ears. So unless someone comes out with an anorexic grey elf who fits 30mm eyes, I'm safe.

14. I originally managed to talk people into accepting that I wanted two MSD sized dolls. and I promised to wait one year between each and save for them all myself etc etc.

exactly 5 days after that happened, DOTs were released and I feel desperatly in love with Camine. Fullset Camine.

Now I'm trying to not only get a larger doll, but considering wheedling my way into getting a loan from my mum or something so I can order it on the 29th and pay her back later or something. it'll never happen but I can dream :roll:

but yes. Not even one doll ordered and already I've changed my mind! :oops:

15. I first planned on buying just one doll (yeah right!) and my sister did so too. Now we have two dolls:

Ghia, FCS F-10 and Domodov, FCS F-21 Sunlight

Later on I figured out that in my story I made up, there are four main characters so these I want too:

Ventaroth, Yder
      Rhannas, Soo

*ahem* And I'm fantasizing about: "When I get rich and famous I'm gonna buy the other important characters in the story" ....so:

The Emperor Ilya Delagrand, El
      Little blind girl (no name yet) Mini Fée Soo
      Brother of Rhannas (no name yet) Dolkot Kiss

...I want 7 dolls...whoops :oops:

16. :lol: I said I'd just have one... only one. Now my tentative doll plans are around ten or so. *facefault*

I seriously never wanted that many. But first there was Kaya, my Megu13... and then I fell in love with Unoa and brought home Severine... and Chiwoo, too, was love at first sight... and then Aimee offered me my eternal true dolly love, Lucas, and of course I had to bring him in, too. Then Soony was released, and so Andrei was followed by his best friend Mitya... and then Asa, the younger brother to my boyfriend's Cyn, appeared, somehow... X_X;

Now we are planning on another arrival... and I'm paying off the last bits of a B-el, who will have someone else trailing at his heels thereafter... and then the Luts Mini Fee have introduced a potential extra problem of a story character who wants a doll form. Plus my Raizel, who is still patiently waiting on a new body. :barf

I can't deny any of them forms, because they are all important, and I love them all dearly, but it feels a little overwhelming. I simply don't want to divide my attention that many ways. I'm still mulling over it... so we'll see what happens, I suppose. I'll figure it out. I admire all of you who have more dolls than me and who can keep them all clothed and happy. It's just not for me. :oops:

~Kalmia

17. My plan has actually stayed fairly stable, amazingly enough. Four is my limit -- two boys, two girls. Way too much angst, but that's what happens when you have four teenagers in the same house. ^_^

What keeps CHANGING is what doll I want for each character. Arg. Currently, this is my (fairly firm) plan:

Acquired:
      Mischa: Modded SD-13 Kohya
      Viola: SD Kun

Planning to acquire:
      Cherian: Re-Che head on SD-13 boy body
      Hazel: SD Anais

18. The list keeps getting bigger and bigger. First; I wanted a Lishe and El, I developed a personality for the El, and that lead to other things and now I have a Soony coming here and then I fell in love with Yder and he had to have a love interest too.... so currently the list looks like:

Orion- El
      Blanche- Soony
      Yder- Inri
      DOT Shall- Charmine
      CH Petite Hanael- Un-named daughter of Charmine and Inri

There may be more, I just don't know yet :wink:

19. So at first I just wanted a Soony... and then I was thinking of getting one of the cute DOD msd boys (one of the gods)...

Until I saw Shall and Carmine... and now, come hell or high water... they must be mine...

I still want the Luts Soony (Aimee)... except that now I just want her head with default make-up (I don't want the Delf body, because I don't like the fact that Delf's have to be restrung so soon after you've bought them)... and so I'll buy a DDII body for her... but probably not until March or May of next year.

As for the MSD boy... I don't want to get one until I have an adorable MSD girl for them as well... and frankly, I haven't found one that screams, "Take Me Home, Mom!"
      So until then...

It'll only be Renee (Shall) and Rejar (Carmine) for me...

20. I'm feelin' this one. I started with just Lahoo, then Camine, then Shall...and on down the DoD list with U[F], Si, Twing-Key, and Tender Too and Bee-A. Then, as DoD makes no tinys, BlueFairy PocketFairy Yoko came along. Now Tender Zen and Yen are giving me the look, and lo and behold! I might as well start buying stock in Dream of Doll because I want them all. :shudder <--My ban account at the thought of this.